Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
The art style and animations are great. It looks like a fairly interesting world so far too.

Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like even the basic battle commands involve both brothers now? I don't like the idea of needing to watch such long animations and doing multiple button presses for just a jump or hammer attack. As far as I remember from the GBA/DS games, those were always simple to pull off. Hopefully regular battles aren't unnecessarily long.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need this game. I do hope Nintendo hired most of the old studio to do this.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Next Level Games MUST be somehow related to this game. Credit to all people at Nintendo and it's subsidiaries but no one can do animation like that other than those crazy Canadians.

RoshuanNL

Jun 17, 2024
I pre ordered this game and played all the previous ones. These games are great and this one is really looking great! I feel like Nintendo is pushing out info fast, with that big partner/indie direct and now this already without separate directs. I wonder if this means they're preparing to focus on the successor of the Switch

SpiritDusk

May 5, 2024
Going to go against the grain and say that I don't like the art style here. It's too... pasty? I don't know, just doesn't look 'good' to me. Just my opinion, though.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking can't wait. I wish they did a 2d Mario platformer in this style

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Not watching, but sad to hear it's not shimomura anymore... Hopefully they'll be able to match her! If it's the same team that did origami king and TTYD remake soundtrack, then it will certainly be good!

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
gTxOkUMNYVXX2zMDEOXyFw2FFN9k02TLUwy8NETIBAIzYNSS29oV.webp
Dw0EFXzXyVIBY2EzkNoNTAIMxOS2UNw2NX2lyUMgSTTYF9FLk89O.webp

Omg. They nailed the art style!
This is how I remember the superstar saga box art looking

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd only played the first two games and half of the third before.

I'm out of country right now and I brought my DSi, 3DS, and the 5 M&L games I haven't beaten in anticipation of this release. Yes, I'll be doing Bowser's Inside Story original and remake.

It's great to see they've nailed the amazing 2D animations in 3D.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
IIRC Zelda Previews are confirmed for Wednesday and Mario Party previews are rumored for this week(no hard confirmation), so adding a Brothership trailer on top of that would make this week super stacked
I guess it'll add fuel to the fire for people thinking that Nintendo's clearing the board as soon as possible for a potential Switch 2 reveal either this or next month, though I personally lean more towards the latter (an October reveal).

It's great to see they've nailed the amazing 2D animations in 3D.
Oh yeah, this is ASW levels of 2D-in-3D animation mastery.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Next Level Games MUST be somehow related to this game. Credit to all people at Nintendo and it's subsidiaries but no one can do animation like that other than those crazy Canadians.
Why do people keep saying this

This is almost certainly from a Japanese studio, I'd be unlikely for Next Level to be involved with. They're not the only ones capable of great animation

Nov 5, 2019
This is an insane amount of animation work, right? Like a depth of stylization maybe only recently rivaled by Hi-fi Rush. I gues the had previous iterations to work on, but to translate and upgrade so exceptionally in 3D format is amazing.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Concordia.

Now I can't help but think about Concord given the news that just happened about that game.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, that definitely ain't Shimomura

Everything else looks incredible though, damn they nailed the art and animations

I actually don't mind if they move on from Shimomura's sound, it was starting to become rote and many recent M+L tracks sounded like cut Kingdom Hearts tunes.

Hopefully they still capture the spirit of the series and bring something new.

LimeTime

Jul 17, 2023
This looks beautiful but the lack of Shimomura fucking sucks

A Mario & Luigi having what sounds like super average music is a huge hype killer. Why did they not get her for this.

Gotta agree here. The fact that the Mario and Luigi games were continuing the musical lineage that started with Super Mario RPG is a big part of what made them special, at least to me.

Like listen to this. It's so amazing! Gonna wait to hear more of the OST before I make a final judgement, though.

View: https://youtu.be/br7Zycg_Pl4?feature=shared

Besides this the game looks downright incredible, so it probably won't be enough to sour the experience for me.

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
Gotta agree here. The fact that the Mario and Luigi games were continuing the musical lineage that started with Super Mario RPG is a big part of what made them special, at least to me.

Like listen to this. It's so amazing! Gonna wait to hear more of the OST before I make a final judgement, though.

View: https://youtu.be/br7Zycg_Pl4?feature=shared

Besides this the game looks downright incredible, so it probably won't be enough to sour the experience for me.

The music is pretty good so far at least.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The music excerpt in that new trailer sound really good and the continuation we hear for a second at the very end sounds even better. Like if I'm hearing this as I'm entering a town I'm not thinking "damn wish this other composer was here", I'm just enjoying the music you know.

If it's not Yoko it's probably one of the thirty extremely talented composers from the Nintendo sound team, it's all good.

Finiri6143

Mar 16, 2022
The music excerpt in that new trailer sound really good and the continuation we hear for a second at the very end sounds even better. Like if I'm hearing this as I'm entering a town I'm not thinking "damn wish this other composer was here", I'm just enjoying the music you know.

If it's not Yoko it's probably one of the thirty extremely talented composers from the Nintendo sound team, it's all good.
I honestly argue the music is better here than what we heard previously(which was also good). And it's pretty catchy here too.

Joeshabadoo

Jan 3, 2019
I don't think this will be part of the hands-on impressions dropping tomorrow, but soon. Soon enough. I feel like this might review better than any previous entry. Not that that matters but a hunch

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Should we jump the gun so soon?
Shimamura could still be part of it, just maybe not responsible for everxy single track?

And I am not a big music gal, but is it impossible that it's still her just going for something different?

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
wait does this game have full 3d camera at least in some parts?

some of those screenshots where the camera is directly behind Mario & Luigi make me feel like that might be a possibility

would surprise me considering Mario & Luigi games have always been a fixed perspective but would be coo

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Animations look incredible. They went all out on them.

But no Yoko Shimomura and Akira Noguchi is a huge loss. Especially Shimomura, it's the biggest loss for the series.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
not worried about no shimomura

her work is great but so are like a hundred other equally talented artists

OP
OP
Fendoreo1

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

View: https://x.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1836073007929868764%5B/URL

New%20trailer,%20this%20time%20showing%20a%20few%20more%20attack%20animations%20than%20the%20website