airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I totally get the "Biden sucks I'm not voting thing" but I absolutely need to keep Trump out of office. I am as leftist as they come but I just can't sit there and not vote if there's even a 1% chance of Trump somehow winning.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Amendments don't have party affiliation attached to them. People will vote for their own self interest all the time, except when it comes to voting for THEIR team.
They may hate what the Republicans are doing much of the time, but that still doesn't mean they're willing to vote for a democRAT.

They don't have to vote for Biden. They just have to not vote for Trump.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe make sure to put abortion and marijuana legalization on lots of state ballots to boost participation or something.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I totally get the "Biden sucks I'm not voting thing" but I absolutely need to keep Trump out of office. I am as leftist as they come but I just can't sit there and not vote if there's even a 1% chance of Trump somehow winning.

He was a distant #3 candidate for me in 2020 and managed to blow my expectations out of the water. If he accomplished what he did with a 50-50 Congress, I can't wait to see what he does if we can manage a trifecta.

MasterChumly

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How sad is it that after two fucking states everyone is just like this is it! It's pretty much in the bag for trump! It just feels like bullshit that are entire political system for primaries cater to 2-4 states. I don't know what the solution is but the media narrative doesn't help.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
How sad is it that after two fucking states everyone is just like this is it! It's pretty much in the bag for trump! It just feels like bullshit that are entire political system for primaries cater to 2-4 states. I don't know what the solution is but the media narrative doesn't help.

In this case it's not the primaries' fault, it's Trump's popularity. There's no one going to match it.

MasterChumly

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this case it's not the primaries' fault, it's Trump's popularity. There's no one going to match it.
I know trump is a republican juggernaut but Haley did get close to 50%. Maybe with the rest of the clowns dropping out she should get a chance to see if she could be rally more support. I am more bitching at the primary process overall on both sides. This is a democrat issue as well. I just despise that it's the same couple of states that decide everything. I just think we need to think of a better process

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017

I still don't get the Biden sucks crowd. I'm assuming they are just ignorant on how the government works? He got screwed over by manchin and simena. Yet he still has achieved a lot in his first term. I get the feeling the Biden sucks crowd expect him to have unlimited power and can do what ever he wants.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't get the Biden sucks crowd. I'm assuming they are just ignorant on how the government works? He got screwed over by manchin and simena. Yet he still has achieved a lot in his first term. I get the feeling the Biden sucks crowd expect him to have unlimited power and can do what ever he wants.

I think most of the "Biden sucks" doesn't come from his domestic policies; it comes from what is happening in Gaza in which he and most of or political leaders should be taken to task for; and I can at least under the difficulty voting for Biden especially of people directly connected to Palestine, the Muslim community, and well just don't like the genocide happening with our tax dollars.

I'll still cast my vote for him just because we really might not have a democracy with Trump…

Last edited:

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Right-leaning independents will do their usuals thing, hold their nose and vote Trump anyway.
He got a fairly good chance at winning the general election, unfortunately.

Only anecdotal, of course, but last election I had a few right-wing acquaintances either say they were "holding their nose and voting for Biden" or simply not voting at all.

I'm hoping that sentiment continues among the not completely lost.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA

I think a lot of it is the war-hawk criticisms. And rightly so. But as before, a Dem not voting for Biden is a vote for Trump, any way you slice it.

haziq

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I voted for Biden. I hate Trump. But let's face it, the optics are that Biden has been mid since his 6th month in office. He started out fantastic. But after that Afghanistan pull out drama etc it all went downhill.

I can honestly say that I have no clue who will win between the two of them but either way I'm one of those people who thinks both are bad options. Both are old as shit which really freaks me out. Can we get a president that's in their late 50's / early 60's?

I wish Obama could run again. 😭
Idk... we're always expected to take every political take respectfully & seriously. But when you tie the Afghanistan withdrawal to Biden exclusively, it just shows not only a lack of understanding of how that specific timeline of events played out, but it shows a potential blindspot to foreign policy in general. Not only did Trump agree to that withdrawal before he left office, but there's been fatigue over everything involving the Middle East since Bush's last years in office. Afghanistan's government almost willingly collapsing overnight with little residence to the Taliban taking over being put on Biden & giving you hesitancy about voting for him in a thread about Trump beating Haley in the NH primary...

Like, do you want us to be the World Police or not? I'm kinda over people talking out of both sides of their mouth in regards to the Middle East, thinking we can just end a foreign government's war with a simple phone call one moment, wanting us to remain neutral in the next moment, and then blaming the US exclusively for the results of any decision they decide to make.

Oct 27, 2017
No Non-incumbent in the GOP has ever lost both Iowa and New Hampshire and gone on to win the nomination. It's over for her barring some history making sweep.
I didn't say she'd get the nomination, I said she'd stay in the race, be a thorn in Trump's side. The nomination is Trump's barring some crazy scenario

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio

In fact, even with the Manchin/Sinema drama, he accomplished more in his first two years than any president has in the modern era. It's honestly unprecedented but people can't see that and it drives me nuts. History will look back on his presidency as transformative.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Idk... we're always expected to take every political take respectfully & seriously. But when you tie the Afghanistan withdrawal to Biden exclusively, it just shows not only a lack of understanding of how that specific timeline of events played out, but it shows a potential blindspot to foreign policy in general. Not only did Trump agree to that withdrawal before he left office, but there's been fatigue over everything involving the Middle East since Bush's last years in office. Afghanistan's government almost willingly collapsing overnight with little residence to the Taliban taking over being put on Biden & giving you hesitancy about voting for him in a thread about Trump beating Haley in the NH primary...

Like, do you want us to be the World Police or not? I'm kinda over people talking out of both sides of their mouth in regards to the Middle East, thinking we can just end a foreign government's war with a simple phone call one moment, wanting us to remain neutral in the next moment, and then blaming the US exclusively for the results of any decision they decide to make.

Chill out. All I said was that Afghanistan was the starting point of his presidency going downhill. I'm not blaming Afghanistan - although there's no way anyone can say that pull out was smooth.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
Chill out. All I said was that Afghanistan was the starting point of his presidency going downhill. I'm not blaming Afghanistan - although there's no way anyone can say that pull out was smooth.

Going downhill? What reality is this. And I'll say this as someone who spent over a year deployed in Afghanistan, I'm glad we got out. Their government folded quite literally overnight. Everything I did there was artificially propped up.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly that this wasn't a landslide win for Trump is a great thing.

steejee

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trump won by 50pts among registered Republicans, so the next few Primaries are going to be a bloodbath for Haley as I don't think there's a whole lot of them that allow for voting in whatever primary you'd like (MA does, I guess I could see Haley doing okay but still going to lose).

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand

Biden can both have accomplished some good things but also suck. Which is where I stand on him right now. But, clearly, he's getting my vote over any of the Republican candidates.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
He's actively permitting genocide

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
TtyRVoa.png

YFZNzCI.png

BsiAJzu.png

zK1B8rG.png

------------------------

94823HT.png

Chris Christie 2016 vibes:

View: https://imgur.com/a/YPwiyoh

Just a reminder that Trump and his campaign called Vivek a "fraud", "conman" and "deceitful" just before he dropped out.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
I think a lot of it is the war-hawk criticisms. And rightly so. But as before, a Dem not voting for Biden is a vote for Trump, any way you slice it.

I think most of the "Biden sucks" doesn't come from his domestic policies; it comes from what is happening in Gaza in which he and most of or political leaders should be taken to task for; and I can at least under the difficulty voting for Biden especially of people directly connected to Palestine, the Muslim community, and well just don't like the genocide happening with our tax dollars.

I'll still cast my vote for him just because we really might not have a democracy with Trump…

Even before Oct there was the Biden sucks comments. But, of course what's happening with Israel is horrific

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Going downhill? What reality is this. And I'll say this as someone who spent over a year deployed in Afghanistan, I'm glad we got out. Their government folded quite literally overnight. Everything I did there was artificially propped up.

Thank you for your service.

We needed to get out of Afghanistan. As others have mentioned, Trump said it too when he was president. Biden just happened to be the one to actually do it.

Once again, all I'm saying is that was the marking point, for me anyway, when I noticed the optics change for Biden drastically compared to his first 6 months in office. That's all. I'm not saying we should've stayed in Afghanistan or that it might have been better or worse withdrawal with anyone else in office. I'd imagine it would've been a shit show no matter who was in office but it landed on Biden.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I'd say most Presidents in US history were. Its not like there weren't several active well known genocides going on while Trump was President or Obama or Bush and so on. Hell there were several going on when Biden took office that no one really talks about.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
I'd say most Presidents in US history were. Its not like there weren't several active well known genocides going on while Trump was President or Obama or Bush and so on. Hell there were several going on when Biden took office that no one really talks about.
It's remarkable how the response to pointing out what Biden is allowing is always one of two things: Trump would be worse, or every president does it.

Thank you for informing me, I had no idea this was a problem deeply ingrained in American geopolitics and that we shouldn't hold him accountable for it.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
There are plenty of valid criticisms of every politician. I'm still voting for him cause Fuck Trump

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It's remarkable how the response to pointing out what Biden is allowing is always one of two things: Trump would be worse, or every president does it.

Thank you for informing me, I had no idea this was a problem deeply ingrained in American geopolitics and that we shouldn't hold him accountable for it.

I never said don't hold him accountable or he doesn't deserve any kind of criticism and backlash, just that a lot of folks are rather flaky on what they hold President's accountable for.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
I voted for Biden. I hate Trump. But let's face it, the optics are that Biden has been mid since his 6th month in office. He started out fantastic. But after that Afghanistan pull out drama etc it all went downhill.
What? As far as accomplishments, Biden had a 2022 that most presidents would kill for. 2023 would've likely been equally auspicious, if only so many NY and CA blue voters hadn't sat on their asses on election day. Hardly "all downhill".

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017

Sadly, there is no way to hold him accountable without cutting off your nose to spite your face. The time to make this sort of thing unacceptable by future politicians will be the next democratic primary. Even if Biden did a 100% reverse course on Israel, declared war on Netanyahu and bombed the IDF and sent US troops to defend and rebuild Gaza, he'd still have been complicit in genocide and nothing will ever fix or make up for that.

I really wish people would recognize this.
---------------

On another note, Trump using dirt of things Haley did as UN ambassador as part of his administration is fucking rich. How you going to let them do something as bad as you say and then throw them under the bus on it soon as they are no longer worth anything to you. It's crazy and not that his supporters would recognize it, but it goes to show how fucked you are ever pledging yourself to him.

---------------

On a third note, these results showing that roughly half of republicans do not want him as president is a good thing to me? IF even 1/5th of them sit the election out or vote Biden that is huge. But we will see.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
You said a bit more than that, namely that you claimed they were both "bad options" with nary a distinction between the two. The good 'ol "both sides" maneuver.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
South Carolina for Democrats is next Saturday on the 3rd of February, it's on the 24th for Republicans. Since SC doesn't do party registration, technically anyone can vote in either the Dem or Rep primary, but not both.

I vote in the Republican primary so I can vote against all the people I don't like 🤣.*

*I don't like any of them. I'll happily take #'s away from Trump though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Amen.

staff post - stop the derail

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication

Guys, this thread is about the GOP primary. How in the hell has it become about Biden again? Stay on topic.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Roughly 300K votes cast in the GOP primary compared to roughly 100K votes cast in the DEM primary. I know the DEM primary doesn't count for anything this time, but given the fact NH is solidly blue, that's a lot of independents that jumped over to cast a GOP primary ballot

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
QOTD from Trump there last night.

"You can't let bullshit stand."

[ He was super annoyed that Haley was taking credit for anything, and that she hadn't dropped out kissed the ring. ]

Still, the total lack of self-awareness to say something like that, and you know he believes it, like all the bullshit he spouts.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
QOTD from Trump there last night.

"You can't let bullshit stand."

[ He was super annoyed that Haley was taking credit for anything, and that she hadn't dropped out kissed the ring. ]

Still, the total lack of self-awareness to say something like that, and you know he believes it, like all the bullshit he spouts.

That'll be a nice mic drop in a future debate if Biden can bring himself to say it after some particularly devastating takedown of Trump.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Roughly 300K votes cast in the GOP primary compared to roughly 100K votes cast in the DEM primary. I know the DEM primary doesn't count for anything this time, but given the fact NH is solidly blue, that's a lot of independents that jumped over to cast a GOP primary ballot
And how they voted is telling and why you see the analysts saying this is bad news for Trump. Independents went out of their way to vote against him.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That'll be a nice mic drop in a future debate if Biden can bring himself to say it after some particularly devastating takedown of Trump.
It immediately reminded me of Fareed Zakaria way back in 2017:

"He has spent his whole life bullshitting. He has succeeded by bullshit. He got the Presidency by bullshit. It's very hard to tell somebody at that point that bullshit doesn't work, because look at the results."

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
None of this is surprising correct? Trump will be the nominee. This is just a "how long does Nimarats want to drag this out correct?

Two Questions…

Why are primaries started in Iowa or NH? Would the Republican Party like to see how all candidates would do in more purplish states? Wouldn't that be a better indicator?

Also, why are registered democrats able to vote in Republican primaries?

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Nikki is smart to stay in the race as long as she possibly can. She no doubt wants to position herself as the future of the republican party.

It's Trump's party right now, but look at how poorly the party has done under his watch. If he eats the biggest L of all this year, then they're going to hard pivot away from him, kissing the ring only happens for as long as he gets actual results. His ability to get those has become more and more questionable after the red wave falling apart in the midterms.

If that happens there's going to be a big power vacuum in the GOP and Nikki being able to position herself as the 'moderate' return to normalcy for the party would be a huge career win for her. Especially since she's young, and doesn't carry the baggage that other prominent GOP politicians do.