• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryousuke

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished Gundam Breaker 3 yesterday, I can't wait for this one !

I'm curious about what the Inner Frames will bring to the game.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Breaker demo is up on the jp store.

Early returns from people i follow on twitter is that its garbage and you will hate it. But Im not convinced that the mode in the demo is the whole game - so im still going to buy it. If it sucks, im only out 59.99

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Cross posting from the Gundam OT, since I missed this thread.

Japanese players' complaints are spot on. Controls feel laggy, part switching on the field unnecessary, breaking boxes is not fun and the game has slowdowns even on the pro.
Huge disappointment after each of the previous game in the series being better than the previous one. Definitely not grabbing this one, at least not day 1.

I very strongly recommend anyone interested in buying the game on release to check out the beta:
https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0700-CUSA12767_00-NGUNDAMBREAKER1M

Getting to the mission is simple enough and you can probably do it fairly easily even if you don't know Japanese.
The game starts with a tutorial, but looking at which buttons the game wants you to press in the tutorial window, should be enough to fumble your way through it.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really disappointed at what they've done to Breaker and THIS is what they decided to officially bring to North America.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I see the Japanese players are finally coming around to what I have thought of the Breaker series all along :P

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017
Supposedly Namco Bandai only puts up digital store pages a week out from release.
Not the case on Steam iirc, at least recently. Dark Souls Remastered, Little Witch Academina, Naruto Ulitmate Ninja Remastered all had Steam pages on the day of release rather than pages a few weeks/months beforehand or preorder pages like Ni No Kuni 2 & SAO Fatal Bullet did. I guess those are bigger games that warranted pre-orders better? I dunno

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing half the reason I want the game is to have assets to make Gundam mods with, if this is true.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from the Gundam OT, since I missed this thread.

Japanese players' complaints are spot on. Controls feel laggy, part switching on the field unnecessary, breaking boxes is not fun and the game has slowdowns even on the pro.
Huge disappointment after each of the previous game in the series being better than the previous one. Definitely not grabbing this one, at least not day 1.

I very strongly recommend anyone interested in buying the game on release to check out the beta:
https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0700-CUSA12767_00-NGUNDAMBREAKER1M

Getting to the mission is simple enough and you can probably do it fairly easily even if you don't know Japanese.
The game starts with a tutorial, but looking at which buttons the game wants you to press in the tutorial window, should be enough to fumble your way through it.
Well... fuck. Glad I haven't preordered yet.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Played through the beta. I've extensively played through Gundam Breaker 1, 2 and 3.

1. The controls feel totally different than the first three Gundam Breaker games, but I got used to them pretty quick.
2. I like that you have to break boxes this time around. I hate how in previous GB games opening item boxes was dependent on a button press that would sometimes cause something different to happen.

Yeah, I'm keeping my preorder, but I could see how this might not be fun for some who isn't hardcore into Gundam. So its like most Gundam games.

RiderKairuu

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the beta. I've extensively played through Gundam Breaker 1, 2 and 3.

1. The controls feel totally different than the first three Gundam Breaker games, but I got used to them pretty quick.
2. I like that you have to break boxes this time around. I hate how in previous GB games opening item boxes was dependent on a button press that would sometimes cause something different to happen.

Yeah, I'm keeping my preorder, but I could see how this might not be fun for some who isn't hardcore into Gundam. So its like most Gundam games.
I'm really conflicted. I LOVED the stupid builds you could put together in GB3 and I'll miss that a lot. I was ready to accept what was different until I played the beta and the framerate shit the bed on top of everything else. I'm super bummed.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i just tried this demo.... FUCK THIS GAME. I'll just stick with GB3... I really wish NGB wouldnt come out here because this will just reinforce that they wont bring anymore gundam games because the ones they brought have sucked.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
So it's not looking good then?

That's a bummer, I was really excited for it.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Of course they'd fuck up the game that's coming to the West. My friend and I were ready to love this, but it feels really rough once you start playing the game.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game runs super poorly on the pro, i have no fucking idea how bad it must run on the ps4 normal. Lets all look forward to importing Gundam breaker 4 when thats announced because their New franchise is doggy doo doo.

Dec 20, 2017
Well I'm buying this day 1 still because I love Gundam and to support Gundam on the west, so sad to see so many bad impressions specially when GB3 was so much fun

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried the demo and yeah the controls and movement feel sluggish, and there are slow downs and hiccups on the base PS4. I am liking the picking up pieces of other Mobile Suits and equipping them on the fly if even just to get a look at what they do and look like without having to back out of a mission and go back to the customizing menu. I'm picking this up day 1 on PC hopefully I can get the game running at 60fps brute forcing it with raw power of a 1080ti and 4770k.

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a Breaker game before, and intended to go through it in co-op with my brother but with the impressions I'm hearing this isn't worth picking up at launch.

Am I better off buying Gundam Breaker 3?

Oct 25, 2017
If you can get the English language Southeast Asia version of Gundam Breaker 3 cheap, sure. Why not.
I was going to buy it on PSN and family share it.

Buying codes, Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition is a little cheaper ($72 CAD) than New Gundam Breaker ($80).

I'll wait to see the reviews for New Gundam Breaker first, but I planned on picking up GB3 before this game was announced.

sensui-tomo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to buy it on PSN and family share it.

Buying codes, Gundam Breaker 3 Break Edition is a little cheaper ($72 CAD) than New Gundam Breaker ($80).

I'll wait to see the reviews for New Gundam Breaker first, but I planned on picking up GB3 before this game was announced.
Do it, cant even look at NGB... its the second niche game i was looking forward to this year, and like the first also became a massive disappointment (DW9 was the other game :( )

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Building Gundams and battling them is literally what I've wanted to do in a Gundam games for DECADES.

Oct 25, 2017
Do it, cant even look at NGB... its the second niche game i was looking forward to this year, and like the first also became a massive disappointment (DW9 was the other game :( )
Thanks for the suggestion! DW9 still hurts. :(
Dark Souls Remastered wasn't even up until day of release IIRC.
It was on PSN for pre-order about a month prior to release with a kinda crappy pre-order theme. It just wasn't on Steam until release day, it was really odd.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

I think I'll wait for/if they update the demo with the above before even considering buying the game.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling the game had a hard deadline for release and Namco Bandai was like "get it out by ____ or else. Just patch it later."

Then someone pointed out it was coming on PC and they were like "Oh fuck, we don't want our first Gundam game on PC to get blown the fuck out for being shit, delay it hard and make sure you include all the console patches on day one."

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
As much as it hurts as a Gundam fan, but I think I will wait until the first major patch to see how much they improved it. But damn, I really want this game and I want it to be good...

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
yeah. i said i was still getting it, but i decided to cancel my preorder after all since all the guys i was gonna play with simply went back to GB3.

I'll wait for post-patch impressions before deciding on it.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
This is really sad. Mainly because most Breaker games (1 and 3) had various problems upon release, which were addressed in a very solid manner. BN definitely wants the franchise to do well and the fixes they announced only confirmed that.
Too bad they waited so long with the demo (I assume it wasn't ready, but still), since releasing it earlier might have meant a day 1 patch with the above fixes.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna wait for post patch impressions. Gundam games are way too expensive to drop money on a new one that isn't great.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So I believe there are no review copies and/or embargo for this, right?

Looking forward to the impressions. If it's solid on PS4 I'm getting it sooner than waiting for PC.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
So I believe there are no review copies and/or embargo for this, right?

Looking forward to the impressions. If it's solid on PS4 I'm getting it sooner than waiting for PC.

I haven't seen any reviews online aside from Famitsu who didn't like it much.

If you know me from here and GAF, you know I love Gundam games good or bad. I have no problem taking one for the team.

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the game has no multiplayer for the campaign and no difficulty settings. The only multiplayer is in the 3v3 mode.

This seems like a really big step back.