• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Do not get the hype for this character outside of waifu. Not only does she look to be one of the most boring 5*s in terms of gameplay but Diluc and Klee already exist. How much better will she really be than the both of them?

Game needs an ice catalyst or a Geo bow user or a Geo healer for me to care.

Wake me up for the Venti rerun, they will surprise me if they make her character quest not be a glorified date like all the other female characters.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
She actually likes Qiqi so go ahead and pull(hating her was misinformation)
Yeah but the feeling aint mutual
maxresdefault.jpg

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda crazy how much money this character will make them and they still didn't bother with lip sync.

Party

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Bennett wears shorts. Ain't no one got a problem with him. Maybe it's the fact that she has most of her legs exposed, the shorts are about a micrometer thick and the camera and art seems focused on very particularly objectifying angles. Give her bennet's baggy shorts with pockets and stop leading the camera all over her legs and maybe we'd be good.

FreezerGeezer

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
They really know how to market the characters to their target audience don't they? I just don't get it, but that is okay.

Some crazy production values in this game though, they must be pumping out the coin.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Missed the Xiao and Xeqing banners my pity should be all but ready for Hu Tao.
She can takeover my Xianglings role.

She has flowers in her eyes how can anyone hate her?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
These characters designs keep being so generic. I get it' s what sell but still.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Do not get the hype for this character outside of waifu. Not only does she look to be one of the most boring 5*s in terms of gameplay but Diluc and Klee already exist. How much better will she really be than the both of them?

Game needs an ice catalyst or a Geo bow user or a Geo healer for me to care.

Wake me up for the Venti rerun, they will surprise me if they make her character quest not be a glorified date like all the other female characters.
The last time someone said a character was trash and boring. They ended up being the new king of dps. Or some of the most useful unit.
Bennett
Xingqiu
Klee
Ganyu

remember when ganyu was supposed to be the cryo amber.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Give her bennet's baggy shorts with pockets
Cargo shorts are hideous. Bennett's the only character in the game that would wear them.

If you're going to suggest a character wear something less revealing, suggest something that at least makes sense. Long black pants like Zhongli wears? That makes sense. Baggy cargo shorts like the boy adventurer wearing the fantasy equivalent of tacticool gear? Silly.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
how did i guess that when i clicked this thread i'd see art of a young looking girl with her ass pointed towards me?

how?

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty set on pyro characters right now, but she has a cool design and mannerisms so I'm considering pulling. I'm going to wait for some testing first. I have no need for the rumored upcoming rerun banners, so it might be a while otherwise before another character banner I'm interested in appears (especially with the Inazuma region apparently a long way off).

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The game's characters are heavily sexualized which the game devs know as that's 50% of the appeal for fans it seems.
Heavily sexualized compared to what? Sure there's elements of it without a doubt but next to other major gachas like AL, GBF, or Fate genshin is like bible study. Hell a majority of the banners so far have been for guys.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Give both Hu Tao and Xingqiu pants, or at least longer shorts. It weirdly bothers me that both of them get the huge sleeves up top but bare legs below, it feels unbalanced. As far as how she actually plays, I'll wait and see for some impressions from others first, as I don't really trust being able to juggle her having low enough HP for her abilities to kick in and be useful with her having enough HP to not immediately die being tapped on the foot by an enemy.

Mostly I'm just surprised that we haven't had a single character added to the game since launch that uses the "mature woman" model a la Jean or Ningguang. Two babies, three young men, two adult men, and soon to be three young women. Rosaria is coming, eventually, to fit that bill, except unfortunately she might have the most obnoxious design I've seen in the game thus far, which is almost impressive in a bizarre way.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Heavily sexualized compared to what? Sure there's elements of it without a doubt but next to other major gachas like AL, GBF, or Fate genshin is like bible study. Hell a majority of the banners so far have been for guys.
This game lives on objectification and waifuism. As do most other gacha. Each and every female character is specifically designed for the male gaze.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Mostly I'm just surprised that we haven't had a single character added to the game since launch that uses the "mature woman" model a la Jean or Ningguang. Two babies, three young men, two adult men, and soon to be three young women. Rosaria is coming, eventually, to fit that bill, except unfortunately she might have the most obnoxious design I've seen in the game thus far, which is almost impressive in a bizarre way.

Ganyu is like, hundreds of years old to be fair.

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
The trope I hate the most in anime is the but shes actually hundreds or thousands year old so its ok trope.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has played Genshin Impact daily since its release: I had no fucking IDEA who this character was and why she was so popular. I still don't, even after the reveal. Her name popped up here and there in character profiles, but I have no idea why.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
The last time someone said a character was trash and boring. They ended up being the new king of dps. Or some of the most useful unit.
Bennett
Xingqiu
Klee
Ganyu

remember when ganyu was supposed to be the cryo amber.
Ganyu is cryo amber, just with all dmg jacked up.

And guess what, Diluc and Klee still exist because this is a single player game where the levels between king of DPS and everyone else is meaningless.

The game still has no Dendro characters and is still missing key characters in several slots like one Thunder 5*, no Dendro anything, missing Catalyst users, so I am not going to care about just another pyro dps.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Party

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Cargo shorts are hideous. Bennett's the only character in the game that would wear them.

If you're going to suggest a character wear something less revealing, suggest something that at least makes sense. Long black pants like Zhongli wears? That makes sense. Baggy cargo shorts like the boy adventurer wearing the fantasy equivalent of tacticool gear? Silly.
Oh yeah totally I agree. I think something like that works better with her aesthetic. I was just pointing this out so all the folks in here going "you got a problem with shorts!?!" can see that there is nothing inherently wrong with shorts. It's just the presentation of the character as a sexual object that sucks.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Cargo shorts are hideous.
I wear cargo shorts.... D=

Okay but actual topic, yeah, it's not ideal at all. Pose is really overdoing it, design isn't overly problematic to me but I wouldn't mind long baggy pants more often, less skin-tight stuff. More normal clothes is better looking to me. For example, the least appealing thing in Genshins designs for me is the sheer number of characters with a shirt, that has no shoulders portion, but then have sleeves completely separate. It just makes my brain confused as to... how... why... Fashion, yes, but like half the characters have it. Out of place to me.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the pose I get, the shorts...are people really saying they're too sexy now? that's some puritan ass shit and it's shameful. These shorts are no shorter than anything I'd see out on any given day shopping without thinking twice.

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
No it doesn't. It runs way better on the PS5, but the version your playing on the PS5 is the PS4 version via backwards compatibility.

A native PS5 version was rated in Taiwan recently though, so it's only a matter of time.

Oh, I didn't know there was going to be a "full upgrade", but the game was updated for the PS5 because otherwise it would still be 30fps only.
But yeah okay, good to hear that there is still more coming.

What's the reason for no proper crossplay including PlayStation?

There is crossplay between every platform, but sadly you can't use a PC/Mobile account on Playstation, and vice versa.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
idk, I'm really pleasantly surprise with how not-horny the game is as a whole. there are bits and pieces, definitely (Lisa's entire existence, some jiggle physics, some revealingness), but compared to the majority of the anime-styled gacha games I've seen? especially Mihoyo's other work, Honkai Impact 3rd--I was interested in it, but the amount of sexualization in it turned me off almost immediately.

like, the Genshin stuff for the most part just comes across as typical anime styling, especially knowing that the devs have done some changes here and there. there's one character coming, Ayaka, that had panties or something originally under her outfit, but they modified the design so she had on shorts instead. I really don't think Genshin is "highly" sexualized, no more than Persona 5 framing Haru's boobs in her outfit, and it's less than Final Fantasy XV's Cindy. I feel like Mihoyo knows that a loud segment of their audience is the weeby obsessive waifu type, so they're pandering to them while keeping the designs relatively family-friendly.

I'm just a random gay dude so my opinion on sexualizing women isn't necessarily valid, but when stuff like Honkai Impact 3rd has characters like this:
miflHjx.png

I can't help but feel like Genshin is particularly tame overall...