MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

𝘿𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙎

Resident Evil: Revelations - 6/20 (Xbox)
Rare Replay - 6/20 (Xbox)
Torment: Tides of Numenera - 6/27 (PC Only)
Goat Simulator - 6/27 (Xbox + PC)

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Rare replay wasn't already on there? But it's a first party game. Well I will be checking that out when it drops

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Rare Replay being console only still annoys me.
It came out just before Phil Spencer announced that all future MS Studios games would be both PC and console, sadly.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
It came out just before Phil Spencer announced that all future MS Studios games would be both PC and console, sadly.
I mean regardless I doubt it would come since most of those games in Rare Replay are 360 BC titles.

Unless they bring 360 BC to PC or do full ports of those older titles it'll probably stay on console.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Oh. I can take the disc out for Rare Replay then!

Not the most exciting of weeks but frankly after E3 I wasn't expecting more this month.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
lame additions, but whatever, they just launched on PC last week and I have a good ten or so games to play through from them

And Revelations is console-only? I already own it on Steam, and I imagine that whatever Game Pass deal they have with Capcom doesn't cover PC, but they really need to work on reaching console/PC library parity wherever possible.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I mean regardless I doubt it would come since most of those games in Rare Replay are 360 BC titles.

Unless they bring 360 BC to PC or do full ports of those older titles it'll probably stay on console.
This is completely feasible given how 360 BC is achieved using a spin off of their PC virtualization solution. Not sure we'll ever see it, but I don't think it would be an overly challenging project to bring 360 games to the majority of PCs.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Nice one looking forward to reliving so Rare (Ulitmate:Play the Game) Speccy 'classics' like Underwurlde, Sabrewulf etc.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

They really need to do ports of their back catalog. Nuts and Bolts on PC could be really cool, especially if it's open to being modded.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
This is completely feasible given how 360 BC is achieved using a spin off of their PC virtualization solution. Not sure we'll ever see it, but I don't think it would be an overly challenging project to bring 360 games to the majority of PCs.
Phil talked about it during his Giant Bomb interview and said the biggest challenge is due to the variables that come with PC gaming. Would more likely be streamed rather than native.

We'll see what happens though.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phil already said it would be an overly challenging project and therefore unlikely to happen. LOL

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean it would be almost trivial. The games are already converted into UWP/Win32 when made into a 360BC title. So it would be a piece of cake for MS to do so, but there's a shitload of agreements that they'd now need companies to sign.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
In this year's Giant Bomb E3 at nite show with Phil Spencer, he said they'll likely never do 360 BC on PCs natively, instead streaming them would probably be their solution due to how different the PowerPC architecture is and how many different configurations there are for PCs :(

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Just because it's technically feasible to bring 360 BC to PC doesn't mean it's viable. There are still likely major legality and licensing issues involved. We've seen several games demanding updates just to be playable on the Xbox One's BC - I imagine it would be a whole other can of worms for PC support. And there may also be major problems insofar as scalability and compatibility across hardware, PC catered settings, etc.

But perhaps equally important - why provide 360 BC on PC when they could include that with XCloud?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean it would be almost trivial. The games are already converted into UWP/Win32 when made into a 360BC title. So it would be a piece of cake for MS to do so, but there's a shitload of agreements that they'd now need companies to sign.
I don't get why people keep saying this. Phil said something to the effect that it was hard enough accurately emulating Power PC on a fixed set of specs of the Xbox One, yet alone trying to do it on PC with all it's different configurations.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Streaming should be the "easiest" solution yeah. Even more when it maybe is gonna be included in the gamepass sub.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
I don't understand why Torment: Tides of Numenera will be available only on Xbox Game Pass for PC. Microsoft acquired inXile and this is also available on Xbox One.

That's ridiculous. I understand to have a choice, but not dividing it to better or worse for something.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Umm...it came out in 2015 and that announcement happened last year.

I almost blew a gasket when I first saw RR coming to gamepass thinking it was on PC now too though :(

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I don't get why people keep saying this. Phil said something to the effect that it was hard enough accurately emulating Power PC on a fixed set of specs of the Xbox One, yet alone trying to do it on PC with all it's different configurations.
They're emulating Power PC on the same architecture most every PC runs on. It's mainly a matter of having enough cores with enough single threaded power. It'd have high requirements (given the games) which might piss people off, but most PC gamers probably have something that could run them at least as well as the 360 did.

Heck, provide streaming but offer the local VM too as an option.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the following games on Rare Replay are X enhanced now.

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark 0
Kameo
Viva-Pinata
Viva-Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

jkkmu3u.png

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're emulating Power PC on the same architecture most every PC runs on. It's mainly a matter of having enough cores with enough single threaded power. It'd have high requirements (given the games) which might piss people off, but most PC gamers probably have something that could run them at least as well as the 360 did.

Heck, provide streaming but offer the local VM too as an option.
I'm just repeating what the Head of Xbox recently said why it would be difficult in trying to bring 360 BC to PC contrary to what some of ya'll in this thread are saying. Hence why streaming is likely to be the only option.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
He talks about play anywhere wich is 2016 :)
Hmm. I must have pulled up a different interview 🤷‍♂️ Apologies. I would almost be tempted to double dip even if it was on PC gamepass.

I suppose I could look it up myself...but what is the gameplay of Torment like? Turn based, Action RPG Diablo-like or RTWP....was not a fan of Pillars of Eternity but enjoyed Divinity OS. Might just need to be in the mood for those though

Jun 2, 2019
I wanted to know what the fuss about goat simulator was about, so I'll give it a shot.

Microsoft please bring the rare replay to pc ;____;

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Not rare replay on PC makes me sad (I actually gasped, then i saw xbox only and literally said, oh no lol), its the only one that interest me, as I already have torment and RER and I dont give to flying fucks about goat simulator.