• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know this might be asking a lot but I'd love if there could be mega-franchise tags so I can filter things out. Some communities like to create new threads for small news stories and the threads are pretty active (which is cool for fans!) but I'd love it if I could filter out all things Final Fantasy, Smash Bros, Pokémon, and more. Dunno if anyone else feels this way but it's something I find having to do a lot of work with the Ignore Thread function. All that said, I want to express my appreciation for the constant improvement and features that are added to the site!

This is usually how I filter out things on twitter like, as one example, when a particular character announcement Smash Bros. tends to dominate the timeline for an entire day or two.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Would there be a possibility of adding a feature where I the user can tag users with custom text under their member tag? This text would obviously be only visible to me and maybe even adding some sort of color to the text would make the custom text even easier to navigate when quickly scrolling down a page.

I guess the purpose would be to highlight members who I feel add good content in a consistent basis and not wanting to miss them when scrolling down.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I know this might be asking a lot but I'd love if there could be mega-franchise tags so I can filter things out. Some communities like to create new threads for small news stories and the threads are pretty active (which is cool for fans!) but I'd love it if I could filter out all things Final Fantasy, Smash Bros, Pokémon, and more. Dunno if anyone else feels this way but it's something I find having to do a lot of work with the Ignore Thread function. All that said, I want to express my appreciation for the constant improvement and features that are added to the site!

This is usually how I filter out things on twitter like, as one example, when a particular character announcement Smash Bros. tends to dominate the timeline for an entire day or two.
So we're going to show off a bit of an update, where we're thinking of going with the tag system, soon-ish. (It'll be packed in with the huge update to the GotY voting tool, which is why that's running late this year) It's not going to be exactly what you want, but I think it'll help you out big time.

Would there be a possibility of adding a feature where I the user can tag users with custom text under their member tag? This text would obviously be only visible to me and maybe even adding some sort of color to the text would make the custom text even easier to navigate when quickly scrolling down a page.

I guess the purpose would be to highlight members who I feel add good content in a consistent basis and not wanting to miss them when scrolling down.
Hmm, this I'm not sure about. Might be a bit of a reach technically. I can bring it up though.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we're going to show off a bit of an update, where we're thinking of going with the tag system, soon-ish. (It'll be packed in with the huge update to the GotY voting tool, which is why that's running late this year) It's not going to be exactly what you want, but I think it'll help you out big time.
It sounds exciting regardless. Thanks for the reply!

PhantomFFR

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna, Austria, EU, Earth
Great news about tags hopefully expanding and becoming useful (to me). On that note: I'd like tags for "weekend era" and other "fun" polls and threads of that kind.

Hmm, this I'm not sure about. Might be a bit of a reach technically. I can bring it up though.

Paradox Plaza has the ability to only show replies from Paradox Developers. Perhaps something alike could be implemented then, or perhaps even now to only show replies by the thread creator?

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you for the consideration.

Xbro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it known that if you're on 50ppp and you read page one it marks page 2 as read as well?