entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What's this about Genesis?
I thought the game was stuck on PSP due to licensed music or was there more?

I hope the project will end up more cohesive than XV which was quite frankly kind of a mess.

Genesis is played by and modeled after Gackt. There's speculation the game is stuck on PSP because Gackt doesn't want Square to use his likeness anymore or something like that. I don't know if this was confirmed though.

Yup the implications are that Gackt's the reason why the game can't even be bought on the PSN for the PSP. Both in terms of music and his look.

The songs were also probably why the KH games were never digital until recently.

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
A protagonist that isn't a J-pop star, is a woman and black? Fucking hell Square, colour me excited.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Why do i have the feeling that this game is part of the FFXV universe?
New IP for a AAA JRPG on a new console seems too risky no?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Why do i have the feeling that this game is part of the FFXV universe?
New IP for a AAA JRPG on a new console seems too risky no?

We don't know if it's a JRPG. Also, New AAA IPs are always risky, regardless of what genre they are. Companies will still make them of they see the concept as viable.

You could argue it actually makes more sense to establish new IPs early on in the generation whilst competition isn't as fierce.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this game succeeds and I'm excited to learn more about the setting, story, etc.. Will be there day zero due to the protagonist.

XV was a mess of a game and I'm glad Tabata is gone. The team was very technically proficient and it had a massive budget that you can tell needed all that DLC and cross promo to make its money back. He was out of his depth having worked on portable stuff mostly before that.

The entire time I was playing the game (pre-Royal but I played that too and it was still bad) I just kept thinking how much all those beautiful environments and monster designs were wasted on such a bad combat and traversal system. How much of what the story could have been instead of a half finished game and piss poor characters outside of Ignis and Prompto.

I'm really curious what kind of awful game Tabata wanted to make that Square blocked and caused him to leave. I get the dude worked hard and got something out the door but that something was not good enough in quality despite the game selling well thanks to massive marketing and high production.

He fucked up on so many games in terms of quality like 3rd Birthday and Crisis Core (which only really had FF7 fanservice going for it). Type-0 was interesting at first but again poor combat system hurt it.

People forget he was also the co-director from the get-go before Nomura left to work fully on KH and Remake.

The fact that they hired so many new writers for this game and their tools have matured so much leave me feeling very optimistic and the PoC protagonist is awesome. I hope we get details soon on who is responsible for the gameplay systems to get an idea of how that might work out.
Why did you use this thread just to shit on someone who doesn't even work at the company anymore? I don't have positive feelings towards XV but stuff like this is a bad look and comes across as borderline toxic.

giphy.gif

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TBH I bet that this will have Final Fantasy in its name lol

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I haven't seen the new Charlie's Angels so idk the actress, but it's great to see a Japanese company having a PoC lead protagonist.

Also she's like ridiculously beautiful, holy shit.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Hope this game succeeds and I'm excited to learn more about the setting, story, etc.. Will be there day zero due to the protagonist.

Why did you use this thread just to shit on someone who doesn't even work at the company anymore? I don't have positive feelings towards XV but stuff like this is a bad look and comes across as borderline toxic.

giphy.gif
It is toxic.