zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
"If you like the starkness and the despair of the original PlayStation 3 version, then we have a bunch of filters that you can choose from and play the game [that way]," Moore said. "So if you want to play the game in what we call the classic filter, which harkens back to the days of the PlayStation 3 and the look at that title, then put that filter on. If you want to play in black and white, play in the noir filter. It's all there in the options. If you don't want to play with our camera, you want to play with the original camera, turn the original camera back on."

Great to hear. The balance changes to healing sound really good, too.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Looks absolutely incredible. I can't believe the 5 is launching with a Souls game--and the best one, to boot.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Omg it's fucking beautiful

but as someone who has never beaten it before it looks harder than bloodborne and Sekiro. Would I be correct in that?

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Wow, they're keeping item burden, sounds like! I can deal with that, but I do hope they make one change: that items you find while at max item burden get sent straight to Stockpile Thomas rather than just being left there.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
It looks so damn good. It's gonna be hard deciding if I'll play this or Miles first come launch day.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
God damn it...I was totally satisfied with just having my X at this point...now I have to scrounge around for a PS5. Demon Souls is the only Souls game that I only dabbled in so it will be a new experience for me...when I can get ahold of a PS5 that is.

Sony needs to put a ring on Bluepoint, they are fantastic artists and developers!

tareqsalah

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Gave up on the original in the first hour because i didn't understand the (fromsoftware) formula. Went on to beat darksouls, bloodborne and sekiro as they became some of my favorite games ever and now i cant wait to return to the original and finally play demons souls

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I've said it like 10 times already, but one more won't hurt; I'm so glad I never played this game when it came out. It will be a totally new experience for me.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Stonefang never looked so good. Everything else looks incredible too!

The soul acquisition effect looks like it could be a little distracting is my only gripe.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Omg it's fucking beautiful

but as someone who has never beaten it before it looks harder than bloodborne and Sekiro. Would I be correct in that?

It really varies from person to person. There is no consensus tbh. Some people find Dark Souls harder than Bloodborne and some ppl the opposite for example. I found Demon Souls fairly hard since it was my first Souls title but not sure if it will remain that way when I go back having played so many more Souls games. It will be hard but fair like most souls games though.

RedEye

Oct 25, 2017
jesus after he died to the balrog looking dude, its like all hell breaks loose...
I NEED IT IN MY VEINS

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Great trailer and this seals it as best looking game a next gen console can produce atm. Great news all around about the options and changes the game offers.

What a time to be alive come launch day.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
You guys really are gonna nit pick every single thing that's different huh

The font and music are easy things to get right, so the fact they swung so hard and missed so greatly is kinda crazy. These were things that gave the original game a style that not even later Soulsborne games tried to capture, so if they're really gone you will never hear the end of it.

Just to harp and nitpick the music, it's only in Demon's Souls where the music isn't bombastic but entirely atmospheric. Now it's just something if you close your eyes it's from any generic medieval fantasy fight scene. When I posted originally I was commenting in real time, so all I thought they were showing was the Armored Spider boss, but no, they ruined Flamelurker too.

Most of Demon's Souls' charm in bosses is this slow, foreboding soundtrack. Not some Lord of the Rings scale fight scene track, which appears to be a very strange direction to go in. Is this to market the game as "AAA" or whatever nebulous term this industry wants to use as hip, cutting edge, and expensive?

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks so good visually. I just wish I didn't hate Souls games' gameplay loops.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. It's kind of beautiful lol.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm trying to imagine how the rumble, triggers and 3d audio will combine whilst playing this. I can't help but feel it's going to a genuinely magical next gen experience.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gutted about the healing changes. I was never particularly good at Souls but part of what set DeS apart for me was that the sheer spam of healing items helped me with the bits I found too difficult.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
It really varies from person to person. There is no consensus tbh. Some people find Dark Souls harder than Bloodborne and some ppl the opposite for example. I found Demon Souls fairly hard since it was my first Souls title but not sure if it will remain that way when I go back having played so many more Souls games. It will be hard but fair like most souls games though.

Ok cool!

I guess I finished both bloodborne and sekiro, so it's not out of my reach. Honest it's my most hyped launch game. And bouncing between the Pathless and this should be a good combination. It just looks so beautiful

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe the visual of this game. Every time I see it I am blown away. Bluepoint are wizards. I cannot wait for the 12th.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Never played Demon Sould but this is a very difficult game correct?
I haven't actually beat Demon Souls myself, but if I remember it right, the game didn't really ask you to have quick reflexes like Ninja Gaiden, it rely more on your observation of what the enemies is doing, knowledge how to evade certain attack etc.if you're stuck, just watching how to beat a particular boss on youtube really helped a lot in my experience

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Damn this game looks fucking incredible, I probably won't play it anytime soon cause Souls games just frustrate me lol. But damn it looks so good it almost forces me to wanna try it whenever I do end up getting a PS5.

Bluepoint once again doing work.