SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Upon closer inspection, it seems that the trinkets hanging on the mask look like hourglasses? I guess it adds up to the idea of the game being themed around time travel:
image0.png

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how they're gonna work around the idea of time travel again when Warped already did that.

I guess if the rumors of various masks are legit then the one on this puzzle piece has mastered the power to do just that?

I'd imagine you can use the mask to stop time (literally) Kind of like how you can freeze time in the time trials with the crates but you actually get to FREEZE it this time around.
Something like that.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be really interesting to see where they take the level design style now, do they stick to the more reigned in corridor style of the OG trilogy? do they spread out a bit more within the linear obstacle course ala 3D World and seemingly the recent sackboy game? multiplayer?
There's a lot of potential here

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh my god

if this is going to involve time travel

and the passage of time between games has been acknowledged before

what if they pull a Banjo Nuts & Bolts? this one starts out 12 years after Mind over Mutant, but then that mask or whoever ages everyone back to their "prime" or some shit lol

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
oh my god

if this is going to involve time travel

and the passage of time between games has been acknowledged before

what if they pull a Banjo Nuts & Bolts? this one starts out 12 years after Mind over Mutant, but then that mask or whoever ages everyone back to their "prime" or some shit lol

As hilarious as it'd be to play an elderly Crash for a joke moment, I just want a solid platforming game at the end of the day.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Haha, yeah no way lol. This generally made me laugh lol. The new game will involve time travel and the new mask will stop/freeze time. Calling it now.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, another proper teaser

I can't wait for the reveal, been waiting 12 years for a brand new adventure

Oct 27, 2017
Question:
Should Crash Bandicoot go full 3D ala Mario games, Ratchet and Clank, etc?
If by ""full 3D"" you mean sandbox-y or explorative, heck NO!
The only Mario games I want the new Crash to be like are Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario 3D Land, and 3D World. Which means keep it LINEAR as FUCK!

Also, while there was certainly a little more room to poke around, I do remember Ratchet being quite linear. Like, you'd fly to a new place, go from A to B, and then fly some place else to do the same thing. Did Ratchet become more open after Tools of Destruction?

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Fascinated to see how a new Crash Bandicoot game goes. I'm super unsure if the classic formula works outside of nostalgia in 2020 and I don't know if Crash fans would want it 'updating' either. Regardless, Crash will sell gangbusters. It'll be super interesting to see what they do with it.
My expectations are ..

The plot concept will go more supernatural instead scifi timey wimey stuff

Environment will be more photorealistic, something akin to uncharted 4's jungle or last of us or maybe hzd mixed with crash bandicoot design

Crash bandicoot will be more upgraded in the way ratchet got upgraded in the 2016 game

Deleted member 35631

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
If by ""full 3D"" you mean sandbox-y or explorative, heck NO!
The only Mario games I want the new Crash to be like are Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario 3D Land, and 3D World. Which means keep it LINEAR as FUCK!

Also, while there was certainly a little more room to poke around, I do remember Ratchet being quite linear. Like, you'd fly to a new place, go from A to B, and then fly some place else to do the same thing. Did Ratchet become more open after Tools of Destruction?

Actually when I wrote Mario games I, too, was thinking about Super Mario 3D World and Mario Galaxy. Ratchet and Clank is also linear, and Sky Cooper Osbaldo a good example. I think Crash should go that direction, but more towards 3D world, IMO.