Bruno Scopel

Jan 12, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
5DfC3x.png

Bioass

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Just screams "B grade", "B quality", "B team". I don't think the huge emphasis on the letter following A is a good idea for marketing in the video game sector where big games are qualified as AAA experiences.

Last edited:

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is straight up a logo from a EA company from the world of Mirrors Edge.

Souless.

Mirror's_Edge_video_games-128207.jpg!d

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Yeah, that's not a good logo. It looks more like an antivirus software logo.

Edit: I do like the full logo better than the old one, though. It's just the monogram "B" that isn't good.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of the Rare lock when they were tick with Kinect, so I guess that sends the right message.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Considering their only "logo" before this was literally just their name in blue font, I can see the desire to have something more minimalistic and versatile.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, they should dissolve, restructure and rename the studio. Bioware is an albatross. A monument to a development house and culture that no longer exists.

While it subsists they are always going to be compared unfavourably to it.

Oct 27, 2017
That pure blue on the logo... Ewwww

This terrible mock-up:
bioware_posters.jpg

It looks weak. It is neither gamer grand logo, with all of the 3D effects and textured surfaces, nor it is a clean flat branding.

It is... Text on flat color background, and the blob B. I fail to see any kind of visual communication.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
That logo looks way too subtle and generic. In some of those images, it's barely even recognizable. This isn't the way to build identity for one of the most well-known studios in the world.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Mass Effect Andromeda hasn't been erased from existence.

The round and pointy design with an orange gradient reminds me a lot of the Origin logo.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the logo.

It kind of highlights that they need better character design though. The characters in the design sheets are clumsy nothings.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like it but a new HQ and a new logo at least means EA isn't going to Papa EA them any time soon. Hopefully they can recover that quality of old.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
It's literally the DC logo...
EDIT: I guess it's an old DC logo now? I feel like they just revealed the redesign to what I'm remembering. Jesus, this is what getting old feels like.