GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Loving how a different old thread is getting bumped every time there's something new.
Cowboy Bebop had a plot?
The problem is that even though the Spike-Vicious plot is contained to just 5 episodes, it has an inordinate amount of the western mindshare and part of my worry is that the live action show is gonna zero in far too much on "serious" stuff like that and everything that made the anime so special (seriously, though, yeah, Faye's identity is basically the only other thing in the anime that comprised anything else resembling an overarching plot).

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The problem is that even though the Spike-Vicious plot is contained to just 5 episodes, it has an inordinate amount of the western mindshare and part of my worry is that the live action show is gonna zero in far too much on "serious" stuff like that and everything that made the anime so special (seriously, though, yeah, Faye's identity is basically the only other thing in the anime that comprised anything else resembling an overarching plot).
You forgot Jet's one-off episodes that greatly flesh out his character, but I'd mostly agree with you. Cowboy Bebop is far more an anthology series, told through the lens of a mostly static main cast. They are your anchor to the events in the story and I hope the Netflix series follows the same feeling instead of making this the Spike and Vicious show.