• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
YOOOOO, this could work. Certainly more than One Piece

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, that's crazy, I literally was thinking about this yesterday when going through old Toonami promos. "Man, Yu Yu Hakusho would make for a cool live action show. Eh, maybe not, some of the bad guys and powers are pretty out there... and it'd have to be Japan-produced, not sure it would work transplanted to another culture..."

It'd be easy to fuck up. Strong characters and a pretty straightforward plot, but the show is really drenched in a certain period and aesthetic that it'd feel weird removed from.

It's like, between Bebop and One Piece on the "plausible Western anime adaptation" scale.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
3d5.gif

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It could definitely work in a live action setting. Probably better than most shonen, but still gonna be a crapshoot.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't trust Netflix. They made edgy Winx.

I love Yu Yu Hakusho so idk how to feel about this.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking
Jason Momoa as Heie
Tom Holland as Kurama
Michael B Jordan as Kuwabara
Joel McHale as Yusuke

May 10, 2018
My first response is no but Yu Yu is one of the few that could work. It's not a show that would translate into needing a massive budget to work.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Honestly I don't think this will escape development hell.

I'm good. YYH is perfectly fine as is. Not everything needs a revival.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I wonder if they'll really go with toddler Koenma or adult Koenma out of the gate.