• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was a great trailer, about hundred times better than the first. Gives me actually lot of enthusiasm that it could be really good.

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
Triss?

0vCVpuh.png

Aside from the hair color, I would have said Ciri with Dandelion's clothes.

Very good trailer, can't wait!

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty good. I'd say they took some inspiration from the games even though the story follows the books

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played more than 20 minutes of Witcher 2 or 3 and haven't read any of the Books. Should I finish any before attempting to watch this?

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Cool. Haha the first line you hear Cavill say he sounded almost exactly like video game Geralt.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So impressed with how well he's got the voice down. This was my biggest worry and now I can't wait to watch. Looks like they sunk a lot of money into the production and it's gonna be amazing.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Copy pasting my post from the other thread:

Yep the Nilfgard armor still sucks and looks awful.

That being said I'll give it a watch. Still don't like Yen's casting at all but the rest looks on point and what little we got of the OST sounds on point.

I'll give it a shot if for nothing else but Cavill.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down. I'll probably be done with the game by then also.

But I dont think it looks really good tbh :P Guess spoiled with the production value from GoT makes this look rather "cheap" or something I guess..

GoT had its fair share of botched contrasts, color grading, awful backdrops, and iffy CGI (besides the god tier dragons).

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played more than 20 minutes of Witcher 2 or 3 and haven't read any of the Books. Should I finish any before attempting to watch this?
Yeah, finish the books. The first one, The Last Wish, at least. That's the book season 1 is mostly based off of.

Play all the games later because they're incredible, but they have nothing to do with the show at all. They're CDPR's take on the Witcher world.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Cool. Haha the first line you hear Cavill say he sounded almost exactly like video game Geralt.
What's weird is he changes accents at least three times after that. He sounds hyper-American in one line, then just like his native accent in another.

I know this isn't an adaptation of the games, but part of me really wishes Cavill had gone all-in on interpreting that signature voice - which it doesn't sound like he has.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll reserve judgment, because I hope it's good, but some things stood out as not great. Some of the CG look iffy, Yen's acting didn't look great, and the ballsack armor still sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
This looks pretty damn good. I just wonder why Cavill had to be clean shaved... They had to CG his face as Superman, and yet as The Witcher he goes clean-shaven... Besides that, and the medallion looking pretty plain, they nail Cavill's armoured look and he does a pretty convincing voice impression for Geralt

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've read all the books and I don't recall the medallion being described to be like this. I thought the only description was that it was a wolf with fangs. Happy to be proved wrong.
based on the polish original design, it's circular
edit: welp thats german, my bad

9783423209939.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
This looks pretty damn good. I just wonder why Cavill had to be clean shaved... They had to CG his face as Superman, and yet as The Witcher he goes clean-shaven... Besides that, and the medallion looking pretty plain, they nail Cavill's armoured look and he does a pretty convincing voice impression for Geralt
Geralt don't like beards. This is based on the books, not the games.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
What's weird is he changes accents at least three times after that. He sounds hyper-American in one line, then just like his native accent in another.

As a Brit, I agree - but I don't know if Americans or anyone else can hear that , someone will enlighten us I'm sure.

But I like the idea of him paying homage but putting his own voice to it. Good job.