dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Netflix's The Witcher series has found its Yennefer and Ciri.

Freya Allan (The War of the Worlds, Into the Badlands) and Anya Chalotra (The ABC Murders, Wanderlust) join Henry Cavill as Ciri and Yennefer, respectively, in the upcoming fantasy series based on the series of novels by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The books previously inspired a bests-elling video game franchise by Warsaw-based game studio CD Projekt Red.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/witcher-netflix-show-casts-ciri-yennefer-roles-1150868

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Well here we go:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/witcher-netflix-show-casts-ciri-yennefer-roles-1150868

Ciri:

MV5BMjE4OWI3YzMtMjY1ZC00NjJjLWJhYWItOWU3OTYxYTM4NDk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzEwMjI0NDc@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Yen:
belcim-bilgin-yennefer-rolunu-kacirdi-1.jpg

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
I thought they wanted a PoC for Ciri? Or was that only that they "might" go with a PoC?

Oct 25, 2017
I can see her playing the part. Must be going for young Ciri though. Wasn't expecting that, but it makes sense with Cavill's age.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is this going to be based early on or something? Because both of them look super young.

ArnoldJRimmer

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Doesn't the actress for Yen look way too young?

Ciri looks great, very close to the video game character at least.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
I thought they wanted a PoC for Ciri? Or was that only that they "might" go with a PoC?
They invited PoC to apply in one casting call (meaning as they weren't fixed on restricting the role to any particular race). The internet shit their britches about that in a way that made it seemed like they were fixed ON a PoC in the role.

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
Netflix posted this image on Facebook in my country:
Good choices IMO, although Ciri and Yennefer look like they're in the same grade.
And I guess someone must have read the whole thing after all, since it looks like they've come to the only proper conclusion and decided to adapt the short stories.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Is this going to be based early on or something? Because both of them look super young.

Show is based on the books, not the games. So Ciri's still a kid when Geralt is having adventures with Yen who's a witch and can be any age she desires, her actual age is unknown I believe. We shoudn't be really comparing them to the game's looks.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Also, I would've preferred more Eastern European looking actors than Cavill and Allan.

misho8723

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Doesn't the actress for Yen look way too young?

Ciri looks great, very close to the video game character at least.

Yep.. in the books Yenn is described as being great looking woman, who looks mature.. Triss is looking younger than Yennefer and she should be looking like in her early 20's.. Yenn should be like 30 (or in her 30's) when it comes to looks

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty close to the Yen of the games. I feel good about this show.

That's a better picture, the Netflix picture made her look like a teen.

Yup, that's a nice pick

That's not the actress they casted, that's his suggestion of who it should be. Extremely misleading.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Netflix posted this image on Facebook in my country:

Good choices IMO, although Ciri and Yennefer look like they're in the same grade.
And I guess someone must have read the whole thing after all, since it looks like they've come to the only proper conclusion and decided to adapt the short stories.

Ciri looks incredibly too young but it could work.

So thats the same woman as Yen in both pictures?