ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://deadline.com/2018/07/roboco...des-ed-neumeier-michael-miner-mgm-1202424639/

EXCLUSIVE: MGM is developing a new installment of RoboCop and has set District 9 director Neill Blomkamp to helm the picture, which is titled RoboCop Returns. The studio hopes to revive a franchise that began with the Paul Verhoeven-directed satirical sci-fi action thriller that Orion released in 1987. Original writers Ed Neumeier and Michael Miner are producing and exec producing, respectively. Justin Rhodes, who co-wrote the Terminator film that Tim Miller is shooting, will rewrite the script that Neumeier and Miner wrote years ago as a planned sequel to Verhoeven's hit, an installment that never happened. That duo is creatively involved in moving forward their creation for the first time since the original.

Sounds like it's a sequel to the original movies and not a remake like the last one.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
<sigh>

Just...okay...

Just don't fuck around with the aesthetic so much. Please.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I think he will do a good job this time, my feeling is he is better suited for existing IPs than in creating his own from scratch.

Dec 18, 2017
I hope this is the one about Robocop being brought out of storage to end the War on Terror. The only funny moment in the remake is lifted from that script, when an ED-209 says "As-salamu alaykum."

I've been waiting since 2001 or so to see this.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So Blomkamp is desperate enough to take a hack studio job but not quite desperate enough to do District Ten yet?

Interesting.

I'm already looking forward to establishing shot panning across a North American favela.

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it doesn't include some variation of this theme music I'm going to be disappointed!

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
Keep it hard R

IeCbivi.gif

rsfour

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's already better than the last Robocop movie we had.

Padilha got fucked by studio interference iirc.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Blomkamp being involved makes me cautious, but the fact that he's not writing it gives me a little hope.

Is this actually going to be a sequel? Like, are we talking full on try to bring back Peter Weller?

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i'm fine with it, first film is perfect and nothing will replace it, but there's no harm in the sequels and remakes etc.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see Chappie but I don't know if he has the satirical edge to make it work.