• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Nah still here keep the thread posted when I wake up tomorrow and my roommate is out the house this shit will be going on all day I'll def take a vid

Being serious here this is NOT A TROLL this shit is really happening and no this is not my first time living alone/with roommates this house has abnormally thin walls I can hear a heavy set woman following me and I am 100% certain she can hear me moving and purposely does follow me around
But how can she hear you? Its impossible

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Do you realize how ridiculous all of your suggestions sound.

She has nothing to gain from this because she's not doing it. OP has some issues with paranoia that aren't going to be solved by any of these weird suggestions or by accusing this girl with the police.
There are 4 questions and only 2 suggestions. The suggestions are for OP's peace of mind (i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt).

Oct 27, 2017
I know i sound crazy but at least concede the point that having someone you don't know purposely follow you around the place you live (for 7 months) in a house that i could probably walk end to end in 10 steps is creepy! Do you guys think I have cause to call the police on her?

I have no idea why people are brushing this off but I believe you when you say you're being obsessively watched by her and I can totally see why that's unbearable. I was going to suggest that you send an email copying both her and the landlord saying you want the behavior to stop but you would probably have to take like a one hour video of you moving around the house and her following you.

Even then, she might just claim you edited in the sound of her footsteps. Unless it was like a FB live video thingy. Your best hope might be to just vent your shit out here until you can bail and find another place.

Get one of those thermal cameras that can see through walls and see if she's really following you

Also, look for unexplainable cold areas on the thermal imaging

Or you could spend a few grand on a thermal camera too. Hell, she might have one you can borrow.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My older brother always thought the neighbors were stalking and spying on him.

He was diagnosed a Paranoid Schizophrenic.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
File a complaint with the local law enforcement, or, schedule a visit to speak with her, and definitely get the fuck out of there. Look for a new place.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why people are brushing this off but I believe you when you say you're being obsessively watched by her and I can totally see why that's unbearable. I was going to suggest that you send an email copying both her and the landlord saying you want the behavior to stop but you would probably have to take like a one hour video of you moving around the house and her following you.

Even then, she might just claim you edited in the sound of her footsteps. Unless it was like a FB live video thingy. Your best hope might be to just vent your shit out here until you can bail and find another place.

Or you could spend a few grand on a thermal camera too. Hell, she might have one you can borrow.

Don't encourage the dude. He needs serious help.

File a complaint with the local law enforcement, or, schedule a visit to speak with her, and definitely get the fuck out of there. Look for a new place.

No because there's nothing to file against her and I bet it backfires on him, because he's really stalking her with his social media investigation shit.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I'm joining the other posts that say this is likely carbon monoxide poisoning or otherwise paranoia. I know you feel this is a very big issue, and it is, but I think that you might need to get help. What's the harm in buying a carbon monoxide detector as a first step?

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
yo TC that is wild because I was just telling my friend how I moved into an apartment for students in June and i choose it because it was cheap all utilities were included and it was close to my school. The house is very old and small and I rent out the first floor with a friend. The upstairs can house 2 addition people in a separate housing and I have never met anyone who lived up there. While the house had its shortcomings I lived there comfortably up until early September when a new tenant moved into the room directly above mine on the 2nd floor. Since many students who live in this housing complex are/were international students I had heard that the new person living above me was a Korean exchange student. As the days passed from when the new person moved in above I started noticing little things; like how every time I went to the toilet there were footsteps above me (2nd-floor toilet is directly above mine. Or how I would sleep in some days when I didn't have class and when I moved in my bed to wake up even an inch I could hear footsteps running from anywhere in the house directly to the room above mine.

I consider myself an understanding person, so whenever I saw these coincidences I would either give them the benefit of the doubt or just assume the exchange student was lonely (had no friends, etc...) and was just trying to listen in on my life. As these coincidences starting happening more and more I got more and more upset. I would go to the bathroom pretending to use it by flushing the toilet and hop out quickly and sure enough (EVERY SINGLE TIME) footsteps would continue following me. I leave my room, footsteps, I use the bathroom footsteps. Even times when I just go grab a glass of water the PERSON WILL FOLLOW ME EVEN IN THE 5 SECOND INTERVAL IT TAKES FOR ME TO WALK TO THE FRIDGE AND BACK TO MY BEDROOM. Because the house is very old EVERYTHING CREAKS/SQUEAKS (the doors, floorboards, bed) and as a result moving ANYWHERE in this small apartment will incur a very easily hearable and followable sound which the upstairs person listens to and tracks my location around the house. It has gotten so bad in recent months every time I want to take a piss or shit I leave the shower running, the kitchen sink running and turn on the microwave to get the most sound possible so I can take a fcking shit without someone listening to me.

Finally, I had enough and decided that I really didn't know who was living above me. I circled around the house and looked at the mailbox. It WAS NOT AN EXCHANGE STUDENT. Its some girl from Maine who has been following me around for the past 6 months. Normally I would not be bothered by being followed around BUT THIS HAPPENED EVERY SINGLE DAY, EVERY SINGLE WAKING MINUTE of my time living here. I quickly realized the girl has
a) No job (no alarm in the morning or any other time)
b) No school (see above)
c) No friends (Walls are paper thin you could hear someone whisper and I have NEVER HEARD ANYTHING IN 6 MONTHS, NOT EVEN A FCKING SNEEZE)
d) No immediate family

What this means is this girl spends every SINGLE WAKING SECOND OF HER LIFE following me around the house. First, that made me mad as hell that someone would take the time out of their life just to do that to somebody. And second I'm scared for my life, this person is legitimately stalking me. I still have not met the upstairs girl EVER and she continues to harass me. Numerous times (including today) I have heard her footsteps following me (i can hear them very well she is a big woman) I hit the ceiling with my first full force and yell some shit like "STOP FOLLOWING ME" "LEAVE ME ALONE" or "THIS ISNT FUNNY, STOP". The footsteps subside for 5mintues but she always continues. I can't even have guests over because I know she is listening to all my conversations. I recently got a job that requires me to wake up at 530AM! and when I WAKE UP every time I HEAR HER FOLLOWING ME. SHE HAS NO OTHER OBLIGATIONS, SHE IS INTENTIONALLY WAKING UP AT THE SAME TIME AS ME (when she hears my alarm) JUST TO HEAR ME SHIT IN THE MORNING

In the past week its been getting worse; I think she overheard that my gf is on vacation in Florida this week so she's been extra tenacious (she follows me around more if she knows its just me in the house). I stepped out to smoke a cig the other night and go for an hour-long walk to clear my head from this shit(keep in mind this is at 12am). As I approach my house there is a window from the 2nd floor that is able to see all the way down the street I am walking. I think nothing of it and continue walking but then I look up and see THE WOMAN FUCKING SMILING STARING AT ME WALKING (fucking peeping her head out to see me). She was waiting by the window for 1 HOUR. SHE WAITS BY THE WINDOW WHEN IM NOT THERE TO TRY TO SEE WHERE IM GOING. I was fucking shook after that, I literally think she is going to kill me

Just today the most egregious thing happened, I went to go out with a friend and we met up at the porch of my place. I walked out and we went to the corner store ~2blocks away to get some drinks. I exit the store and I see that woman in her car heading down the street I am walking on staring at me like this is some fukcing game. Im SHOOK

My lease here expires in June (just ~2 months left) but I don't know how much longer I can take this. I don't know what to do, technically she is not doing anything wrong following me around the house so I can't call the cops on her, my landlord is a hopeless old lady who cannot help me (even if i did tell her I think maybe the following from the girl would get worse) AND i don't want to go over there myself and confront her because I don't want to play her game and give her the satisfaction of seeing me (Im also scared shitless)

Worse part about all this is I tell it to all my friends and my girlfriend and they just brush it off like IM THE CRAZY ONE. "its probably just a coincidence" "your lease is almost up" "Chill dude, just ignore it " HOW CAN I IGNORE A PERSON FOLLOWING ME AROUND LITERALLY EVERY SECOND IM IN MY HOUSE.

TL;DR Crazy women I don't know who lives in the room above me is legit stalking me and I don't know what actions (legal or otherwise) I can take.

THIS IS NOT A CREEPYPASTA THIS SHIT IS MY REAL LIFE I NEED HELP

Oct 25, 2017
China
My older brother always thought the neighbors were stalking and spying on him.

He was diagnosed a Paranoid Schizophrenic.
My mums husband is like this, first he was talking to me about how "They" can follow you on the internet and I brushed it off as "old man does not understand technology". But then he went on about how the people in the apartment below him had followed him from the town when he lived before to where he was now. He said they had listening devices and one time he was telling a joke and the person in apartment below laughed at the same time. "Always people coming and going from that apartment, but you never see them" he said.

I told my mum and asked her about it and she said she knew and sometimes he'd take her to the garden shed to talk so "They" could not listen.

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
OP in a couple of weeks

HatefulGlassCatbird-size_restricted.gif

source.gif

They're coming for you!

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
yo TC that is wild because I was just telling my friend how I moved into an apartment for students in June and i choose it because it was cheap all utilities were included and it was close to my school. The house is very old and small and I rent out the first floor with a friend. The upstairs can house 2 addition people in a separate housing and I have never met anyone who lived up there. While the house had its shortcomings I lived there comfortably up until early September when a new tenant moved into the room directly above mine on the 2nd floor. Since many students who live in this housing complex are/were international students I had heard that the new person living above me was a Korean exchange student. As the days passed from when the new person moved in above I started noticing little things; like how every time I went to the toilet there were footsteps above me (2nd-floor toilet is directly above mine. Or how I would sleep in some days when I didn't have class and when I moved in my bed to wake up even an inch I could hear footsteps running from anywhere in the house directly to the room above mine.

I consider myself an understanding person, so whenever I saw these coincidences I would either give them the benefit of the doubt or just assume the exchange student was lonely (had no friends, etc...) and was just trying to listen in on my life. As these coincidences starting happening more and more I got more and more upset. I would go to the bathroom pretending to use it by flushing the toilet and hop out quickly and sure enough (EVERY SINGLE TIME) footsteps would continue following me. I leave my room, footsteps, I use the bathroom footsteps. Even times when I just go grab a glass of water the PERSON WILL FOLLOW ME EVEN IN THE 5 SECOND INTERVAL IT TAKES FOR ME TO WALK TO THE FRIDGE AND BACK TO MY BEDROOM. Because the house is very old EVERYTHING CREAKS/SQUEAKS (the doors, floorboards, bed) and as a result moving ANYWHERE in this small apartment will incur a very easily hearable and followable sound which the upstairs person listens to and tracks my location around the house. It has gotten so bad in recent months every time I want to take a piss or shit I leave the shower running, the kitchen sink running and turn on the microwave to get the most sound possible so I can take a fcking shit without someone listening to me.

Finally, I had enough and decided that I really didn't know who was living above me. I circled around the house and looked at the mailbox. It WAS NOT AN EXCHANGE STUDENT. Its some girl from Maine who has been following me around for the past 6 months. Normally I would not be bothered by being followed around BUT THIS HAPPENED EVERY SINGLE DAY, EVERY SINGLE WAKING MINUTE of my time living here. I quickly realized the girl has
a) No job (no alarm in the morning or any other time)
b) No school (see above)
c) No friends (Walls are paper thin you could hear someone whisper and I have NEVER HEARD ANYTHING IN 6 MONTHS, NOT EVEN A FCKING SNEEZE)
d) No immediate family

What this means is this girl spends every SINGLE WAKING SECOND OF HER LIFE following me around the house. First, that made me mad as hell that someone would take the time out of their life just to do that to somebody. And second I'm scared for my life, this person is legitimately stalking me. I still have not met the upstairs girl EVER and she continues to harass me. Numerous times (including today) I have heard her footsteps following me (i can hear them very well she is a big woman) I hit the ceiling with my first full force and yell some shit like "STOP FOLLOWING ME" "LEAVE ME ALONE" or "THIS ISNT FUNNY, STOP". The footsteps subside for 5mintues but she always continues. I can't even have guests over because I know she is listening to all my conversations. I recently got a job that requires me to wake up at 530AM! and when I WAKE UP every time I HEAR HER FOLLOWING ME. SHE HAS NO OTHER OBLIGATIONS, SHE IS INTENTIONALLY WAKING UP AT THE SAME TIME AS ME (when she hears my alarm) JUST TO HEAR ME SHIT IN THE MORNING

In the past week its been getting worse; I think she overheard that my gf is on vacation in Florida this week so she's been extra tenacious (she follows me around more if she knows its just me in the house). I stepped out to smoke a cig the other night and go for an hour-long walk to clear my head from this shit(keep in mind this is at 12am). As I approach my house there is a window from the 2nd floor that is able to see all the way down the street I am walking. I think nothing of it and continue walking but then I look up and see THE WOMAN FUCKING SMILING STARING AT ME WALKING (fucking peeping her head out to see me). She was waiting by the window for 1 HOUR. SHE WAITS BY THE WINDOW WHEN IM NOT THERE TO TRY TO SEE WHERE IM GOING. I was fucking shook after that, I literally think she is going to kill me

Just today the most egregious thing happened, I went to go out with a friend and we met up at the porch of my place. I walked out and we went to the corner store ~2blocks away to get some drinks. I exit the store and I see that woman in her car heading down the street I am walking on staring at me like this is some fukcing game. Im SHOOK

My lease here expires in June (just ~2 months left) but I don't know how much longer I can take this. I don't know what to do, technically she is not doing anything wrong following me around the house so I can't call the cops on her, my landlord is a hopeless old lady who cannot help me (even if i did tell her I think maybe the following from the girl would get worse) AND i don't want to go over there myself and confront her because I don't want to play her game and give her the satisfaction of seeing me (Im also scared shitless)

Worse part about all this is I tell it to all my friends and my girlfriend and they just brush it off like IM THE CRAZY ONE. "its probably just a coincidence" "your lease is almost up" "Chill dude, just ignore it " HOW CAN I IGNORE A PERSON FOLLOWING ME AROUND LITERALLY EVERY SECOND IM IN MY HOUSE.

TL;DR Crazy women I don't know who lives in the room above me is legit stalking me and I don't know what actions (legal or otherwise) I can take.

THIS IS NOT A CREEPYPASTA THIS SHIT IS MY REAL LIFE I NEED HELP
Not funny.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Are you sure you are hearing human foot steps and not like a the ones of a dog or a big cat ?

Cause that's typically the kind of stuff a bored house animal would do : following every single sound it would hear.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread.

OP, if you're trolling you're kind of an asshole. If you're not trolling, i would very seriously consider talking to a professional about this. It could very well be some kind of mental problem.

But tbh, i don't believe you. You've said you were gonna make videos, several people urged you to do them and yet here we are. This also seems like something very easy to demonstrate to other people by simply inviting them to your house. It all sounds unbelievable.

I hope i'm right and you're just trolling, because if otherwise this could lead to someone getting hurt.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I gotta be honest op it's not impossible but I've never actually heard of someone stalking another person simply by following them through the floor.....
For your sanity and piece of mind just leave the tv or music on.
Also maybe have a family or friend stay over you kinda sound paranoid . Has anyone else experienced it ?

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Did we get the video proof? Since this is apparently a recurring activity of the stalker, the material should be pretty fast and easy to grab a hold of.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
You probably need to go get some professional help. No one is listening to your every move and following you from room to room. It's a reasonably common delusion for people who have started suffering delusions from any number of mental illnesses. Please, go get some help. No matter what you do, don't go and try to confront anyone. You could get jailed or injured.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if you yourself kept running back and forth between rooms nonstop for several minutes? If she's a larger person I bet she'll eventually get winded and have to stop.

Listen to hinchy here and start doing wind sprints, you'll get fitter and we'll smoke this creeper out.

On the other hand, it may lead to your stalker having some seriously good cardio.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I hope for your sake this is a troll op. Don't go to the police with this story, you sound completely crazy, they'll never believe you
If it's really not a troll, get a monoxide carbon detector and professional help.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My friend left in January, he subletted to this new dude I barely know who works a 4am - 5pm job then goes to sleep at 9pm so I don't have any opportunity to talk to him. And there is no one living in the room above his so I doubt he even notices

>new dude I barely know
>here is his work and sleep schedule

Uh..huh

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
buy a surround sound speaker set
place the speakers in different areas of your apartment up high
find a footstep track and play it on repeat
let your imaginary stalker tire themselves out

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Am I missing something here? Why is everybody so hostile towards OP? I mean, yeah it's a crazy story and some video would definitely help, but I'm actually kinda shocked at how you people react here. Maybe this is all bullshit, maybe OP is a troll or maybe it's paranoia... I don't know him, I don't know his posting history, but how can you dismiss a story like that so quickly? Stuff like that happens, there are insane people out there.. And if it's actually true, this must be creepy and disturbing as hell.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Am I missing something here? Why is everybody so hostile towards OP? I mean, yeah it's a crazy story and some video would definitely help, but I'm actually kinda shocked at how you people react here. Maybe this is all bullshit, maybe OP is a troll or maybe it's paranoia... I don't know him, I don't know his posting history, but how can you dismiss a story like that so quickly? Stuff like that happens, there are insane people out there.. And if it's actually true, this must be creepy and disturbing as hell.
Who is being hostile? People are just skeptical.

Isak_Borg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

SWEET SUMMER CHILD!

OP is trolling and there is massive proof if you go through the entire thread.

it's copy pasta.

Oct 25, 2017
China
post 112 I think you need to read.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"You people"?

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. Op, unless this is a troll, it's very far feteched that that's actually what's going on. Sounds a lot more like you are experiencing paranoid schizophrenia.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to take everything said as legit whether I believe it or not. Frankly I believe if OP were a woman and creep upstairs was a man, we'd have some remarkably different replies.

Anyway you are either being stalked, or being paranoid for some other reason. Do not rule out that possibility. If you don't have a carbon monoxide detector, get one. That way you could rule it out as a possibility, and you'll be safer regardless.

Are you sure that the sounds aren't your own footsteps making the noise? What happens when you randomly wake up? Are you still followed at those times? If you can easily prove all this then please do.

Last edited:

Jasup

Oct 25, 2017
Yurop
So I did a small search with "upstairs neighbor following" and the results came up with very similar, almost identical stories. Here are some:

One from IGN board: https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/...ping-tom-listener-what-should-i-do.454921172/
Yahoo answers: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110920124348AAbBZkR
FindLaw: https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/...r-citizen-upstairs-neighbor-driving-me-crazy/
You can also find other material like videos describing this. It's not an isolated case

I'd reckon this leaves four possibilities

1) The stories are true and their neighbors are stalkers with this very distinctive way of stalking
2) The people reporting these things suffer from some other issue and the perception of being followed around in their apartment is a symptom
3) Trolling
4) Mix of the above

It is true that there are problem neighbors, sometimes stalkers, but the description of mirroring your every move in your apartment does raise questions. I would consult a mental health professional, so at least you know if you are the crazy one.

Oct 29, 2017
If op is not trolling he seriously needs to see a mental health specialist. It's impossible for someone to be able to track exactly where someone is who is living in the floor below, especially if the below floor is the ground level. I don't care how creaky and old the house is.

Status
Not open for further replies.