• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Russell Westbrook confronted a male fan and his wife Monday night during the Oklahoma City Thunder's win at Utah, telling the man he would "f---" him up and do the same to his wife.
The exchange was caught on video and posted to Twitter by a reporter for Utah's Deseret News. It was unclear what prompted the exchange.
According to the Deseret News, five fans received "warning cards" related to the incident. The cards cited comments, gestures and/or behaviors directed at players in violation of the NBA's code of conduct for fans. All of the fans were able to return to their seats, the Deseret News reported.

"I promise you," Westbrook said in the exchange. "You think I'm playing. I swear to god. I swear to god. I'll f--- you up; you and your wife. I'll f--- you up."
Someone off-camera then appears to attempt to verbally intervene.
"No, f--- that! F--- that!" Westbrook shouts, pausing before resuming his initial exchange.
"I promise you, everything I love," Westbrook said. "Everything I love n----, I promise you."
Westbrook did not draw any discipline from the game officials for the exchange during the Thunder's 98-89 win.
He spoke to reporters after the game, saying the fan "told me to 'get down on my knees like you used to.'"
The fan, Shane Keisel, said he told Westbrook to "sit down and ice your knees."
Westbrook was wearing large heating packs -- which resembled ice packs -- on his legs. Keisel also said Westbrook told him, "It's heat," to which the fan replied, "You're gonna need it."
Westbrook then responded with the expletives, Keisel said.
Westbrook further said in his postgame comments that he never has and never would get physically violent with a woman, but that he was so offended, he would take the same actions and say the same thing if he had it to do over again.
"But once he said the comment, and his wife repeated the same thing, as well, that's kind of how that started," Westbrook said.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26234619/westbrook-threatens-courtside-fan-fan-wife

Official response from the Utah Jazz

"Players and fans have a shared responsibility to create a safe and respectful environment," the Jazz said in a statement. "If it is determined that any fans violated the NBA Code of Conduct, appropriate action will be taken."

Video of incident

Interview after the game

EDIT: Here is an interview with the fan that was allegedly involved.

EDIT #2: Turns out the "fan" is a racist shitheel

Last edited:

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Saw a tweet saying some men in Utah have multiple wives so Westbrook might get beat up.

lol'd

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This has gone on for way too long in Salt Lake City. If the arena won't do anything Adam Silver and the NBA need to step in

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
You left out the part where the fan has a history of racism and calling black people the n word(I'm not going to post that here) in addition to stuff like this:

This guy needs to be banned by tomorrow morning.

Just please don't do that, Jazz fans.

I'm a Jazz fan, this is another really bad look.
I'm pretty sure the guy was referring to slavery with the "on your knees" comment.

Oct 26, 2017
You left out the part where the fan has a history of racism and calling black people the n word in addition to stuff like this:

I'm pretty sure the guy was referring to slavery with the "on your knees" comment.

It could be about slavery now that I thought about it, so I deleted the first sentence.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
You left out the part where the fan has a history of racism and calling black people the n word in addition to stuff like this:

Also this

untitledtrezjoy.png

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No surprise the fan is a piece of crap Trump supporter. Hope the Jazz do the right thing and ban his ass.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Westbrook ain't having it out here. Im 100% with him. Just gonna slide that in before he gets blowback from the people upset at seeing someone have to eat consequences for popping shit in public.

They also hit that fans social media before he locked it down:

D1biD37XcAAMph8.jpg

7u6kMdz.png
Yeah okay.... Im sure he conducted himself with the utmost tact... Clown ass mfers stay trying to disrespect in person like they do online, then go crying when they get checked.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Racist ass MAGA dude who wears Air Jordan gear and goes to an NBA game. That utter lack of self-awareness.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Westbrook ain't having it out here. Im 100% with him. Just gonna slide that in before he gets blowback from the people upset at seeing someone have to eat consequences for popping shit in public.

They also hit that fans social media before he locked it down:

Wow. So he just threw away the whistle and grabbed a bullhorn. Okay.

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What happened to Russ was bullshit and this dude will get exposed for what he is. This isn't important at all, but NBA superstar? Ok lol

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
The fan is a fuckin moron getting in that type of altercation with that social media history. Move this team to Seattle. Utah doesn't deserve a team.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I honestly think its the difference between growing up with a dial up vs a ipad. People dont seem to make the connection. Its weird. Only way i can rationalize it.

Well also I think we have to take into account that in order to make comments publicly like that you are not exactly the smartest of people in the first place. Racists and other people of their ilk never strike me as the intelligent types.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
What happened to Russ was bullshit and this dude will get exposed for what he is. This isn't important at all, but NBA superstar? Ok lol

Huh? He's on a contending team in the West, is like what third or fourth in all time triple doubles. Appeared in (and lost) a finals, and is the star player on his team on a 205 million dollar contract.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They target Russ too, it's always him they scream this shit at.

Disgusting, hope that dude is banned from all NBA stadiums.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This isn't important at all, but NBA superstar? Ok lol

What planet are you from where Russell Westbrook is not considered an NBA Superstar? Dude is a former MVP and is Top 5 player in the league as well being the only guy in NBA history other than Oscar Robinson to average a Triple Double over the course of a season.

You are crazy if you think he is not a superstar.

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
After watching the video, I'm surprised WB didn't go harder at the racist shitbag.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well also I think we have to take into account that in order to make comments publicly like that you are not exactly the smartest of people in the first place. Racists and other people of their ilk never strike me as the intelligent types.
Nah that they do that with their real name and are willing to drive out to go see the man just to antagonize him to "prove his manhood" or some such shit proves that social media is just people feeling comfortable to express their hateful true selves until it catches heat or they do something dumb and realize "well polite society says we say these things behind closed doors".

Anonymity and ease of access don't stop anybody and haven't changed anything, if anything people are more brazen now.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Please update the OP with the fan's posts so no gives the fan the benefit of the doubt like I almost did.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That fan and his racist tweets. Trying to downplay his comments that set Westbrook off in that video. Calling him classless. Look at yourself in the mirror. Hope he gets banned for life. No player wants that shit.

MM300

Dec 23, 2018
Racist thumb looking moron wearing Jordan gear and is a fan of a sport dominated by black athletes. Probably not the first time he's done this. Makes me wonder what he thinks of Donovan Mitchell. "He's one of the few black people I like. I can tolerate him!"

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That fan and his racist tweets. Trying to downplay his comments that set Westbrook off in that video. Calling him classless. Look at yourself in the mirror. Hope he gets banned for life. No player wants that shit.

The NBA is pretty on point when it comes to these things. Once the league gets their hands on those tweets then that dude is gonna be gone.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Y'all nobody has him top 5 in the league, he's not even the best player on his own time with PG's explosion. LBJ, Curry, KD, Harden, Giannis. He hasn't gotten out of the first round the last two playoffs. Shooting splits of 43/28/65. No doubt he's an electrifying player and the triple doubles aren't a "stat pad thing" but Russ isn't in that tier

tenor.gif

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all nobody has him top 5 in the league, he's not even the best player on his own time with PG's explosion. LBJ, Curry, KD, Harden, Giannis. He hasn't gotten out of the first round the last two playoffs. Shooting splits of 43/28/65. No doubt he's an electrifying player and the triple doubles aren't a "stat pad thing" but Russ isn't in that tier
So if Dirk didn't have that one insane year you'd also say he's not a superstar? Wow.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Social media will always expose these people. Funny how brave and brazen they are on social media but are punk cowards in public.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
LMAO!!!! when dem receipts come at you fast!!!

Fuck outta here trying to play the "woe is me" card

People act like athletes should just take whatever they say then get all surprised when they snap back! fuck him!

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
You can hate social media, but man does it expose people for who they really are constantly. I am partially thankful for how much racist tendencies are revealed even though they come at the cost of disseminating their view point.