• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was it your lifelong dream and something you absolutely deserved?

If your lifelong dream was to play in the NBA All Star game, then why the fuck would I decide to play in Utah and also play the way he does? Every competitors lifelong dream is to win a chip at the highest level anyway.

We have to accept the all-star game for what it is anyway, someone needs to inform Rudy about it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
it is kind of lame that dirk and dwade get in though. why not give those two spots to people who were on the bubble? or just make them honorary coaches or something if you're gonna do some lifetime achievement shit.

They aren't actual all star spots. It's just fun for the fans. Which is the point of the all star game. It's not All NBA.

OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it is kind of lame that dirk and dwade get in though. why not give those two spots to people who were on the bubble? or just make them honorary coaches or something if you're gonna do some lifetime achievement shit.

The NBA all-star game is literally about making money through as much fanservice as possible, and you know they'll sell 400000000000000000 wade and dirk all star jerseys this way.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If your lifelong dream was to play in the NBA All Star game, then why the fuck would I decide to play in Utah and also play the way he does? Every competitors lifelong dream is to win a chip at the highest level anyway.

We have to accept the all-star game for what it is anyway, someone needs to inform Rudy about it.
What if he's emotional because he realized that people don't value the way he plays the game?

He wanted it badly enough to get emotional about it, I'm not gonna tell him he's wrong.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't need an excuse or good enough reason for showing emotions. If you're trying to show how it wasn't justified, you're missing the fucking point.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, who the fuck cries about not getting an all star birth? He deserves it yes, but the allstar game is literally designed to get people to watch it, and who wants to see a defensive stalwart in the all star game?

Attacking a man for showing emotion is some lame shit. You don't get to where Gobert is without working your ass off and you don't do that without caring about things. Give me the guy who gives a fuck, you can have Melo, I guess.

Fans like watching big blocks and sweet alley oops, Gobert wouldn't have had any trouble delivering.

OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one is upset at him that he got upset, there's a large difference between getting upset and over reacting.

NBA is by far the most emotional sport ive watched. You think NBA players have problems with other dudes crying?

Attacking a man for showing emotion is some lame shit. You don't get to where Gobert is without working your ass off and you don't do that without caring about things. Give me the guy who gives a fuck, you can have Melo, I guess.

Fans like watching big blocks and sweet alley oops, Gobert wouldn't have had any trouble delivering.

you can show emotion and not cry.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish people would talk about Gobert more

twb81ram6al11.gif

Oct 25, 2017
No one is upset at him that he got upset, there's a large difference between getting upset and over reacting.

NBA is by far the most emotional sport ive watched. You think NBA players have problems with other dudes crying?

I think you do.

you can show emotion and not cry.

Oh wow, I had never considered that, this changes everything. The fact that it is possible for a person not to cry definitely means it is ok to attack them for crying.

OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally every NBA all star snub gets upset about getting snubbed. No one is out there crying about it

Think of a survey of every single NBA fan out there. If you asked them who'd they like to see in the all star game, i'd assure you that they would pick people they actually want to see. And oh yeah, that already happened and Gobert didnt sniff those rankings.

Oct 25, 2017
Think of a survey of every single NBA fan out there. If you asked them who'd they like to see in the all star game, i'd assure you that they would pick people they actually want to see. And oh yeah, that already happened and Gobert didnt sniff those rankings.

A survey of evey fan, like some sort of fan vote? What an amazing idea!

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
if they aren't actual all start spots i guess its fine. i was just looking it from the perspective of the snubs and not the business perspective i guess.

draymond is just all cried out. of all people he should be able to understand golbert best though

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This clown, really...

Gobert aside, this has been a disappointing reaction from NBA players, I thought we were putting toxic masculinity behind us.

OP
OP
Jarate

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw an NBA player cry when one of his teammates had a horrific injury, and according to my toxic masculinity chart, im upset because he cried. The entire NBA ripped him apart!

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I mean, who the fuck cries about not getting an all star birth? He deserves it yes, but the allstar game is literally designed to get people to watch it, and who wants to see a defensive stalwart in the all star game?

I'd cry too if I lost a million bucks by not making the all star team.

Status
Not open for further replies.