• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biggest 1st round Fraud

• The Bulls

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • KD and Kyrie

Votes: 434 69.2%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Gobert and Mitchell

Votes: 46 7.3%
  • KAT

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • Raptors Announcers

Votes: 49 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
That hard double is what should have been happening the last 5 minutes. Make other guys make decisions. Also BI sat way too long in the 4th

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Clinical by PHX

destroyed NOLA. CP3 was amazing

I still think the NOLA defense was stupid and some dumb switching (Ayton isn't a threat 30 feet away, blitz it)

but can't take away from how CP3 just owned them given their D

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Nance shooting 3s like he ever did that in his career is some funny shit

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
zion v ben

Chris Paul has a slow release so stop the switch and fight over the screen and let him beat you by 3's
yea if he somehow drills 4 threes before the blitz comes then shake his hand.

It's not a KD-curry screen, KD is a threat 30 feet away so you can't leave him.
Ayton isn't. Just blitz it and rotate if CP3 actually gets the ball out.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Bucks stopped this CP3 shit in the Finals last year. I guess Pelicans didn't review the tape lol

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Pels play like the inexperienced team they are and Suns played really well. Ah well. Also Hayes is a fucking idiot.

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
Where did Ben's Australian accent go? Lol

Watched his interview from today and he doesn't sound Australian at all. His accent disappeared lol

Mar 10, 2018
Just saw the highlights of Bucks v. Bulls… fucking cruel. Coming from a team led by possibly the nicest guy in the league. Forget he was heavily influenced by Kobe and A.I., at your own peril…

Oct 27, 2017
Got this as a Twitter ad (promoted by HHS), good to see from Jrue:

This is an insane agenda

On the one hand, Harden at 32 is looking a good bit worse than Chris Paul at 37:

On the other hand, what that dude in the clip (don't know him, but looking him up briefly, he does seem pretty sketchy) is saying is kind of interesting, given what was posted earlier (one / two), which I hadn't seen before. Hadn't been closely following non-Finals NBA games for several years leading up to 2020, & the first Harden game I ever watched was when he was on the Nets last year.

So I didn't realize there was any complication to the usual "Playoff Harden" narratives. I did notice that he was probably the best player in the Celtics/Nets series last year (pre-injury), but that seems like an outlier (he was way above his overall playoff averages in that series).

In any case, he certainly looks a step or two slow nowadays, whether it's aging, conditioning, injury-related (or all of the above). Also wonder if those April/June 2021 hamstring injuries are comparable (wrt prognosis/improvement) to the hamstring issues Chris Paul apparently had in 2018/2019?

Who does Jokic punch next game when the nuggets are clearly done?

Hopefully nothing like that happens, but since it's come up... Jokic does seem to have some anger management issues. His retaliation after the Morris flagrant foul eventually kept Morris out for 58 games, and a lot of people seem oddly content with the "Morris deserved it" line... when Jokic apparently had a history of his own by that time (one / two).

www.statmuse.com

Most Fta Per Minute In A Season, Min 200 Fta | StatMuse

Giannis Antetokounmpo has the most free-throw attempts per minute played with 200+ free-throw attempts in a season, with 0.38 in 2022-23.

Was an interesting stat, so following up with FTA per minute in the playoffs, over the past couple years:
www.statmuse.com

Most Fta Per Minute, In The 2022 Playoffs (minimum 30 Mins) | StatMuse

Giannis Antetokounmpo had the most free-throw attempts per minute played in the 2022 playoffs with 30+ minutes played, with 0.3.

www.statmuse.com

Most Fta Per Minute, In The 2021 Playoffs (minimum 30 Mins) | StatMuse

Joel Embiid had the most free-throw attempts per minute played in the 2021 playoffs with 30+ minutes played, with 0.31.

www.statmuse.com

Most Fta Per Minute, In The 2020 Playoffs (minimum 30 Mins) | StatMuse

Joel Embiid had the most free-throw attempts per minute played in the 2020 playoffs with 30+ minutes played, with 0.41.

www.statmuse.com

Most Fta Per Minute, In The 2019 Playoffs (minimum 30 Mins) | StatMuse

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson had the most free-throw attempts per minute played in the 2019 playoffs with 30+ minutes played, with 0.4.

www.statmuse.com

Most Fta Per Minute, In The 2018 Playoffs (minimum 30 Mins) | StatMuse

LaMarcus Aldridge had the most free-throw attempts per minute played in the 2018 playoffs with 30+ minutes played, with 0.24.

www.statmuse.com

Most Fta Per Minute, In The 2017 Playoffs (minimum 30 Mins) | StatMuse

Russell Westbrook had the most free-throw attempts per minute played in the 2017 playoffs with 30+ minutes played, with 0.36.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
So Monday are the Nets going to throw out the death lineup of Drummond Claxton Simmons KD and Kyrie 🤔

Oct 30, 2017
First thing I noticed too. He sounds solidly American now.

he's sounded like that for years now. not really surprising since he went to high school in the US

Midseason champ bonus pay and an extra first round pick right outside of the lottery.

Not saying the #1-6 seeds will be thrilled at a mid-first but that's probably better than what they were going to draft that season barring a major dropoff from said season.

that's not going to make the players give a shit, though. maybe you give everyone on the winning roster $1m or whatever but you still have the problem of the stars being much less incentivised than the bench guys, who also maybe don't necessarily want the team to have another lottery pick.

i just don't really think the concept works for the NBA. the reason it's interesting in european soccer etc is because the matchups are unbalanced, the tournament is unpredictable, and it's a rare chance for smaller teams to play in really meaningful games. none of that applies to a closed league that is already constructed with a bias toward parity

Last edited:

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
The team that wins the mid season tournament gets to go to Baskin Robbins and get a waffle cone and the ice cream of their choosing

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
That Jrue ad for the HHS is cool to see. The Holidays are good people and good basketball players. I don't understand why his younger brother Aaron hasn't gotten a real opportunity. The Suns picked him up, but he isn't going to get much playing time there. Some team like the Pistons or the Rockets would be smart to give him an opportunity.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
That Jrue ad for the HHS is cool to see. The Holidays are good people and good basketball players. I don't understand why his younger brother Aaron hasn't gotten a real opportunity. The Suns picked him up, but he isn't going to get much playing time there. Some team like the Pistons or the Rockets would be smart to give him an opportunity.
idk about Aaron and we all know Jrue is a legit good guy but their other brother Justin is an unvaxxed shithead

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Hate to break it to you but Justin is antivax.

As a Pacers fan, I can tell you Holiday isn't that good. He had a promising first few years but never really put it together. It didn't help that McMillan hated playing him. I thought he would stay on the Wizards. At this point, he's just a bench guy.

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
Listening to Mark Jones and Doris Burke is downright painful.

Missed opportunity for the Pels, that was a winnable game. Just a shame it took them 4-5 Paul midrange practice shots before realizing they should probably do something about it.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned Patrick Williams is 3rd year player.
Dawg.. screw the noise about he can be very good, if you on 3rd year and still this raw, the ceiling basically already closed

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
I just learned Patrick Williams is 3rd year player.
Dawg.. screw the noise about he can be very good, if you on 3rd year and still this raw, the ceiling basically already closed
Nah he's in his 2nd year, he was in the 2020 draft, selected after Melo. He also missed like 65 games this season, so he doesn't even have 1.5 seasons of playing time yet

Oct 26, 2017
Hayes should probably try to avoid dirty plays as his dirty plays remind people he's probably going to prison for domestic violence.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
The NBA should adopt the series model from baseball. That way marquee series can be promoted on the national stage to generate more interest.

I didn't watch a single regular season game this year. I've watched every Sixers and Bucks games, plus a Suns and Warriors game. I would watch more regular season games if they did series instead of one-off games.

Oct 26, 2017
The NBA should adopt the series model from baseball. That way marquee series can be promoted on the national stage to generate more interest.

I didn't watch a single regular season game this year. I've watched every Sixers and Bucks games, plus a Suns and Warriors game. I would watch more regular season games if they did series instead of one-off games.

Having every team matchup be a two-game series would be *great* for player durability also.

Just have it so that if the Suns play the Bucks twice in Milwaukee and zero times in Phoenix in 2022-2023, the Bucks play the Suns twice in Phoenix in 2023-2024.

Would cut the amount of flights needed by like 30%.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Got this as a Twitter ad (promoted by HHS), good to see from Jrue:

On the one hand, Harden at 32 is looking a good bit worse than Chris Paul at 37:

if cp3 never pulls his hammy in 2018 like that tweet says, then James Harden and CP3 would've found another time to not show up in the WCF or Finals and lose

cause that's what they've always done.

Man.. Jrue is like the coolest and non nutjob dude ever, how its possible his btother is a dumbass

Oh he's a religious, that explain it.
jrue and his wife are serious Christians...

Status
Not open for further replies.