• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Worst take of the season

• The Bulls are title contenders - Caz

Votes: 46 9.7%
  • The Celtics roster is poorly constructed and a joke for postseason basketball - ItWasMeantToBe19

Votes: 113 23.8%
  • DeRozan is a lock for 1st team All-NBA - Mory Dunz

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • CP3 has been the most clutch player in the league this season - Smurf

Votes: 70 14.7%
  • Anime is trash - NinjaScooter

Votes: 106 22.3%
  • Warriors are better when Green plays and Curry sits than when Curry plays and Green sits. - Gigglepo

Votes: 88 18.5%
  • My issue is when they say the Warriors needed KD to beat the Cavs. No they didn't lol. - Linkage76

Votes: 45 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
They did indeed. You should probably take a closer look at why. It certainly wasn't the Celtics half court D.
Absolutely. The interesting thing is that "half court d" is only one small factor in what makes a basketball team great, and that if a team is good enough to render a "half court D" ineffective for a large portion of the game, I'd worry much more about the other facets of that team beyond "half court D", and why the other team was the better team

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
basketball fans, tonight we rejoice in the Warriors victory and dunking on Tatum

But tomorrow, tomorrow we're back to dunking on the Lakers, so hit me with your best offseason thread titles and I'll put something together in the next few days

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Celtics fans clinging on to a hypothetical series in which every single possession is played in stagnant half court offense in which the specific Celtics defensive advantages can make them win

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
?? They could not stop curry. Like, I get that turnovers were also a major problem but curry just destroyed their defense. It's not a knock on the fantastic Celtics defense but moreso about the greatness of Curry.
GS scored like 25% or more of their points off turnovers. Their half court offense was far from great in the series or they would have been scoring way more points. 108 was their best game with a team averaging like 16 turnovers a game..

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Boston limited warriors half court offense to like 94 ortg, which would've been worst in the league even with curry having the best shooting finals in history

Problem is they gave up a 150 ortg in transition lmao

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
The Celtics are better in this very specific scenario that does not actually happen for the whole game, especially when the warriors thrive in transition. But I swear they would have won otherwise

Linkage76

Oct 27, 2017
The media failed to talk about how the Warriors defense would bother the Cs. All they talked about was Cs defense vs Warriors offense. The Warriors defense has been incredible. It went to shit the moment Draymond got injured

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Warriors D feasted on the Celtics total lack of dependable ball handling.

I can't remember the last time a Finals team didn't have an elite or at least great ball handler.

Oct 25, 2017
It was way more apparent in Game 5 but as soon as the Warriors started forcing Brown and Tatum to go left, they couldn't do anything and just gave the ball away.

Felt like every Brown possession was going to end with him dribbling off his foot.

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno how the Celtics get better on the ball handling front without just internal development
Their whole thing is that there are no weaknesses on defense

Like who can you realistically get that can handle the ball well enough on a championship level and not get hunted all game?

Oct 27, 2017
Tatum looked like a superstar during the Eastern Conference playoffs but the finals. He played bad. Bill Simmons said he is injured .. he has to be. Lol

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Foxisdabest

Banned
May 8, 2022
Tatum was absolutely gassed in game 6. You could see by game 5 that fatigue was starting to set in by the Celtics.

I had a feeling Warriors were going to win watching the ECF between the Heat and Celtics, while they were clearly the better team of the 2, you would have minutes the Celtics played absolute fuckball.

Super happy i got to watch Steph win a ring. I only started watching basketball for real last year, and i thought i had missed Stephs window.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno how the Celtics get better on the ball handling front without just internal development
Their whole thing is that there are no weaknesses on defense

Like who can you realistically get that can handle the ball well enough on a championship level and not get hunted all game?

I don't think Brown or Tatum will ever be that from a ball handling/play making standpoint. A big swing (Smart + filler for CP3?) but thats not likely. I don't even think they need that big of a acquisition. Even getting someone like Ricky Rubio, just a floor general for 20 minutes or so a game.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if Curry is top 10 but I do know he officially ranks above KD now
He is definitely top 10. And he was above KD before this. Now the nail is in the coffin and we need to start rethinking the "KD was the best player on the Warriors" takes. Because I never bought into that. It's always been Steph

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Brown or Tatum will ever be that from a ball handling/play making standpoint. A big swing (Smart + filler for CP3?) but thats not likely. I don't even think they need that big of a acquisition. Even getting someone like Ricky Rubio, just a floor general for 20 minutes or so a game.
CP3 would be interesting, but at this stage of his career he was kinda getting hunted in the Dallas series
Maybe someone for spot minutes would be the answer, but a Rubio type might not be playable in the finals

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. The interesting thing is that "half court d" is only one small factor in what makes a basketball team great, and that if a team is good enough to render a "half court D" ineffective for a large portion of the game, I'd worry much more about the other facets of that team beyond "half court D", and why the other team was the better team

I mean, sure, but the Warriors never scored more than 108 points in this series. 108. Rough estimate (too lazy to do the math) is they averaged like 105 ppg. That's a trivial number which would put them as a lottery-tier offense. Pointing to the D as a fault isn't really correct.

This team did not light up an accurately-described great Celtics D even if it seemed like it at times.

The problem is the Warriors D was just as good if not better.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
The media failed to talk about how the Warriors defense would bother the Cs. All they talked about was Cs defense vs Warriors offense. The Warriors defense has been incredible. It went to shit the moment Draymond got injured

I raise my hand on this. i thought after the Bucks and Heat, whose D I associate more with the ball-hawking elite on-ball D than the Warriors, at least from a personnel standpoint, the Celts would have a relatively easier time commanding and passing the ball. I was totally wrong.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
kevin-durant-the-warriors.gif

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
people thought you just had to hunt curry and poole and that's that lmao, warriors defense was playing crazy all postseason

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I mean, sure, but the Warriors never scored more than 108 points in this series. 108. Rough estimate (too lazy to do the math) is they averaged like 105 ppg. That's a trivial number which would put them as a lottery-tier offense. Pointing to the D as a fault isn't really correct.

This team did not light up an accurately-described great Celtics D even if it seemed like it at times.

The problem is the Warriors D was just as good if not better.
They incorrectly played Curry on D for large portions of this series. It lost them game 4. My only point is that this Celtics D was mortal and not "one of the best we've ever seen". It was an elite defense that got carved up by curry. I dunno what else you want me to say. They were the best defense this year but not one of the best of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.