• Warriors

Votes: 341 58.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Discussing off court drama is clearly off limits, but what about in court drama? I don't think anyone has said anything about that

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

ql2aZy8.gif

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His injury is much worse than they are letting on.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a calf tear or an Achilles strain.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
This is so idiotic. Should the Raptors not play then? How about the league delay the finals until everyone is healthy?

No...but it's idiotic to brag about beating a team missing multiple all stars. Sports history is littered with champions that won not because they were the better team but because the other team was missing key players. It's okay to point that out...

I think it's a shame because the Raptors don't have a chance to win a championship under normal circumstances. If they win it will always be looked at skeptically.

Asterisks for beating depleted teams? GSW v CLE wasnt that long ago and nobody has problems giving GSW all the credit.

That's because the Warriors were the favorites going in, and oh yeah they proved they were a dynastic team in the following years.

There is no such thing as a chip with an asterisk. Staying healthy is apart of the game. Not your opponents fault you can't keep your guys suited up. Do we put an asterisk beside the Warrior's title in 2015 when Bron put up GOAT numbers without 2 corner piece players? No. Why? Because that's dumb.

Respectfully, you are wrong. Let's say the Raptors end up winning. Maybe KD plays at some point, maybe he doesn't. For the rest of history anytime somebody brings up this years Finals it will be followed by "Raptors only won because half of the Warriors couldn't play." Beating a team missing multiple all stars means you haven't had the chance to prove you were the best team. Especially when the team you beat was heavy favorites and one of the best teams in NBA history.

Like, this isn't even a controversial statement I'm making. As the poster I've already quoted said this exact same thing happened to this
So blazers didn't dominate as much as the Raptors did quarter to quarter.

Raptors r playing with a hurt Kawhi and Lowry who likely needs surgery. Not to mention they don't have young defensive stud OG.

Raps are known to give away games like they did versus Bucks and Sixers yet they have fared better than most ppl expected them to, including myself.

There is also that stat where Warriors have a ridiculous winning record without KD. Not saying they r better without him, especially since I am a KD fan and I think he is best player overall but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The Raptors have ultimately led through most games and held on other than game 2. A sharp contrast to the Blazers.

If your point is that the Raptors are better than the Blazers...well sure. I agree with that.

But the whole counting quarters thing is just really weird to me. We've all seen games where a team blows another team out by 20 in the first quarter and coasts to victory. The other team might win the other three quarters and still lost by 10. Not to mention this Warriors team is built on making runs - whether it's storming back from double digit deficits to going up double digit deficits in the blink of an eye.

You also have to take into account the first two games were in Toronto. And game three might as well not even count because the Warriors were missing KD, Klay and Looney. Just my opinion though.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His injury is much worse than they are letting on.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a calf tear or an Achilles strain.

It looked like he was bouncing around high fiving guys though ... I dunno if its an Achilles strain because that would very stupid to allow a player to do that.

My guess is it is basically what they say it is ... a bad calf strain. Those do take 4-6 weeks to heal, it's not even 4 weeks yet.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we should just pretend this season never happened and strike it from the history books. Just to be safe.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does anyone take what Skip says seriously? The dude is paid to be a villain and he plays his role perfectly.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
skip staying consistent, at least

how many times has he blasted lebron for putting the team on his back in an L?

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
This thread is hilarious. GSW tears and calls for asterisks before game 4 is even played. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time. I can't believe I put money (house money, parlayed a bet on the blues beating the sharks) on the Raptors winning this thing and I'm gonna win hahahahaha.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is hilarious. GSW tears and calls for asterisks before game 4 is even played. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time. I can't believe I put money (house money, parlayed a bet on the blues beating the sharks) on the Raptors winning this thing and I'm gonna win hahahahaha.

How much money are you making 😯😯

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Gonna win $300 if the Warriors win the series.

Feels bad rooting against your home team.

But logic dictates that the Warriors gonna 3-peat~~~

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Last edited:

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's because the Warriors were the favorites going in, and oh yeah they proved they were a dynastic team in the following years.

They were the favorites going in

Lost the next year when KLove and Kyrie weren't injured

Then added KD, a top 3 player in the league, and won 2 more titles.

Klay will be back in game 4. Klay, Curry, Iggy, and Draymond will be playing. If they can't win this series I think all of their rings should have a asterisk tbh...

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
How much money are you making 😯😯

Nothing huge, originally a $25 bet on the blues to beat the sharks will turn into $200 if the Raptors beat GSW. Good enough for me though :) The sweetest money though is the $5 straight up I made with a guy in my office who kept saying nobody had a chance to beat GSW except the Rockets - even after KD went down. It's not over though, GSW is insanely talented but this is looking good for me haha.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
They were the favorites going in

Lost the next year when KLove and Kyrie weren't injured

Then added KD, a top 3 player in the league, and won 2 more titles.

Klay will be back in game 4. Klay, Curry, Iggy, and Draymond will be playing. If they can't win this series I think all of their rings should have a asterisk tbh...

They're going to win with Klay. Without Klay the Raptors defense doesn't have to pull their defenders out as far and can mostly ignore an entire side of the court while putting more pressure on Curry. With Klay back Curry is going to see more open shots and make the paint a lot less crowded for Green/Boogie to rack up those assists.

I'm still picking the Dubs to win if Klay comes back completely healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.