• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Is it my phone or is the framerate really rough? I was hoping they'd show off the loading times.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Weird that they did chose to show 60FPS footage during what looked like actual gameplay.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The crowd is the big difference here.

Other than that, it more or less looks like the current PC games with max settings.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Good commercial and stills look great, but sports games will never not have that uncanny valley feeling. Animations are always so weird to me.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Looks pretty. Hopefully the gameplay is smooth... the trailer frames felt a little choppy.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
God damn, I wasn't impressed with its first showing but some shots on there could pass off as real life.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played sports games in a long time, but that looked great!

I wonder if they'll have "the bubble" as an playable court.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking hell, finally sports next gen gameplay.

And looks fantastic on top of that. Hell yeah!

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Next gen sweat. I expect some frame drops during the cinematic stuff, like the introductions/walking out to the court. But during actual gameplay, it should run smooth. Hopefully

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Wow. We are one generation away from having real life looking sports games imo. This looks nuts.

Stike

Oct 27, 2017
Raytracing effect on the floor looks too reflective for my taste. Great otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
[Sweat intensifies]
giphy.gif

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
what exactly do you mean by this

This is similar to 2k14 - built for the next gen systems.

Some highlights

• An eye-popping leap in graphical advancements: next-gen lighting, textures, physics, animations, and more that push NBA 2K21's visual presentation to the bleeding edge;
  • Rebuilt player movement and player impact, driven by new on-court animation and collision engines that make for a smoother, tougher game;
  • The entire arena comes to life, with more than 150 unique AI-driven characters interacting seamlessly to create a groundbreaking Lower Bowl experience;
  • An expanded soundtrack with 202 songs at launch and more to come.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Framerate is all over the place... That poor 10TF...

;)

2k usually does this. Gameplay is 60 fps, but their cinematics and non-gameplay scenes run at 30. That said, a lot of the non-60 fps footage here seemed to even struggle to reach 30 fps - so hopefully they iron that out.

That looked crazy though, and brings back memories of how next gen 2k14 looked back then. (Graphically, its weird that they peaked at 2k14, and every version after seemed like a downgrade).

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, I'm not a huge 2K fan but that looked amazing.
Need to see uncut gameplay though

surprisingly good looking. Cross gen sports games usually don't look the greatest.

Different skus. this is not a cross gen game

for clarity;

NBA 2K22 Basketball Game | Anyone Anywhere

NBA 2K22 is the latest title in the world-renowned, best-selling NBA 2K basketball video game series, create your own legacy on the blacktop. Anyone, Anywhere.

Oct 28, 2019
This looks insane

I expect the same level of investment in the next-generation versions of FIFA

😂 😂 😂 Fuck you EA