Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I am very interested to see who the Rockets and Pelicans ultimately end up drafting with all their draft capital.

Jaxson Hayes is probably going to be pretty good so Jaxson Hayes and Brandon Ingram for AD is fine to good as Davis had openly quit on the team, was leaving after the next year, and probably doesn't have that many quality years left.

The Rockets picks are much more uncertain as it depends on how heavily Durant and Harden decline by 2024. They could decline massively and the Nets may be one of the worst teams in the league (with Durant out most of the time while eating up a huge chunk of the cap) so the picks could be great. Or Durant and Harden could more gradually decline and the picks end up mediocre.

The picks are obviously extremely important to the Rockets as the Rockets stupidly traded away barely protected 2024 and 2026 picks when they traded CP3 for Westbrook. As the Rockets are rebuilding, that 2024 pick is going to be really good.

Gigglepoo

Oct 25, 2017
Jaxson Hayes is probably going to be pretty good so Jaxson Hayes and Brandon Ingram for AD is fine to good as Davis had openly quit on the team, was leaving after the next year, and probably doesn't have that many quality years left.

The AD trade is the gold standard for how to move a superstar. While they will never fully replace Davis, they got real assets upfront (Ingram and Ball are both really good!) along with a boatload of draft picks. As you pointed out, they only needed to hit on one of those picks to make the trade seem alright, and they've already done that.

When teams rely almost exclusively on what are most likely middling to bad picks, that's where the trouble begins. Although the Rockets did get LeVert and Allen (two good players!) in the Harden trade, they flipped both, which makes it less likely they'll wind up with anything even close to approximating an even trade. Yes, the Nets could be bad down the line, but I'm skeptical Houston will ultimately get a good return.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
...Yeah, sounds about right for the Cavs. Good for Lauri I guess but that's definitely an overpay.
What the fuck are the cavs doing lol
Reminding people why they were only successful when arguably a Top 5 all-time player was on the roster.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they traded Collin Sexton for a bag of crisps and a future second, that's how bad their management seems to be.

Masai please get the Cavs all the crisps they want for Sexton.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
https://www.crossingbroad.com/2021/...ome-headway-with-ben-simmons-trade-talks.html
Shams:
"Both sides want the same thing, which is a trade of Ben Simmons out of Philadelphia. We've seen that kind of develop as the year's gone on, this whole season. He was offered up in those James Harden talks during the course of the regular season. That obviously did not happen. And then the flame out that occurred in the playoffs, really for the entire team, but the spotlight was really shining on Ben Simmons. And you saw Doc Rivers, Joel Embiid, shine that light on Ben Simmons. The Sixers started conversations a few weeks before the draft with teams, on trying to figure out which offer might be the best. I think they made some headway with some teams, but at the end of the day they don't have a deal done. I'm told they're continuing to talk to teams. Minnesota is one of the most interested teams in Ben Simmons, but a package with them would require a third team, and those deals aren't easy. What I'd expect is a climax to the situation to occur closer to the start of training camp."

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Prediction: Ben Simmons will be a 76er at the start of the season, tanks his trade value even further and ends up on the Timberwolves for a Patrick Beverly, Naz Reid and a 1st.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
giannis is front row at AEW rampage right now absolutely marking out at everything in the ring

wonderful

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
The AD trade is the gold standard for how to move a superstar. While they will never fully replace Davis, they got real assets upfront (Ingram and Ball are both really good!) along with a boatload of draft picks. As you pointed out, they only needed to hit on one of those picks to make the trade seem alright, and they've already done that.

When teams rely almost exclusively on what are most likely middling to bad picks, that's where the trouble begins. Although the Rockets did get LeVert and Allen (two good players!) in the Harden trade, they flipped both, which makes it less likely they'll wind up with anything even close to approximating an even trade. Yes, the Nets could be bad down the line, but I'm skeptical Houston will ultimately get a good return.
Only thing the Pelicans have hit on is wasting a budding superstars early/cheap years.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
one of these will be useful later

h1Rs5yU.png
txD4rqr.png

Nov 27, 2017
California
Lakers legend Rondo

lolove ain't getting bought out, why give up all that $$$$$$$ he'll never get it again
I expect him to go on a sympathy campaign by December though

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Shaq has mentioned over the years that Toronto was his favourite city to play in during his career.

Toronto women remain undefeated(a byproduct of being the most multiculturally diverse city on the planet). Classy baddies.

LOL @ Young Socialite Ben Simmons

Brinbe Anth0ny

streamable.com

Watch Shaq | Streamable

Watch "Shaq" on Streamable.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
LA: We need a PG, we need a saviour.

NBA 2021 Offseason |OT| Rondo: You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.

Smurf

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Shaq has mentioned over the years that Toronto was his favourite city to play in during his career.

Toronto women remain undefeated(a byproduct of being the most multiculturally diverse city on the planet). Classy baddies.

LOL @ Young Socialite Ben Simmons

Brinbe Anth0ny

streamable.com

Watch Shaq | Streamable

Watch "Shaq" on Streamable.
Remember when Vince Carter tried to get Shaq to join the Raptors?

Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.