Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Screen_Shot_2021-02-16_at_7.44.48_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-02-16_at_7.44.57_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2021-02-16_at_7.45.16_PM.png

Capcom, Naughty Dog, From Software, & whoever else continues to work with Reuben: Fire him already!

Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter)

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Yes the man is an absolute clown and doesn't get called out enough by the gaming media for being a fucking tool.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
''Hey she is spouting harmful conspiracy theories and is being a bigot''
''Oh did she now?'' *links to Ben Shapiro and Tim Pool*

giphy.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
"she said nothing but true" is a pretty big statemente for someone who has been saying shitty things since the BLM protests like a year ago

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ya know I use to be a fan of hers.

However between the fact that Trump was some how acquitted despite what he pulled has only emboldened people like her and Ruben to not only be foul humans but to actively defend the poison they spew.

To this day I haven't actually got to play DMC5 despite loving the hell out of 1/3/4, and I'm just going to expand that to anything Ruben's company is involved with....goddess please don't do mo cap for FFVIIR2.

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
So here's the real questions they'll need to address. This is a white man in an industry with a lot of privlege. He also has a mo cap studio and they still fuck with him.

After he said the Me Too movement and Black Lives Matter were "doing too much" Capcom did what? Oh were looking into it and didn't give us an update. This man is sharing sentiments that endanger our marginalized lives.

Would I like for them to him to task? Yes. Bur considering he's been at this for years and has a lot of eyeballs on him. They didn't do shit then.

So we'll see because the industry looks like him and works in his favor.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ya know I use to be a fan of hers.

However between the fact that Trump was some how acquitted despite what he pulled has only emboldened people like her and Ruben to not only be foul humans but to actively defend the poison they spew.

To this day I haven't actually got to play DMC5 despite loving the hell out of 1/3/4, and I'm just going to expand that to anything Ruben's company is involved with....goddess please don't do mo cap for FFVIIR2.
For what it's worth, he didn't seem to be involved with Spider-Man: Miles Morales. So I'm hopeful that Insomniac will continue to avoid Reuben for Spider-Man 2.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This guy won't give any rest.

Clown should have been fired so long ago, but i have a hunch he'll drag himself to that.

Folks like this once comfortable they can say toxic shit, well they start getting way too proud about it. Knowing what he believes and defends, it will only get worse.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I got your Headline right here

"Naughty Dog and Capcom actor, Reuben Langdon, is a Holocaust denier andantisemitic"

maybe that'll get attention.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For what it's worth, he didn't seem to be involved with Spider-Man: Miles Morales. So I'm hopeful that Insomniac will continue to avoid Reuben for Spider-Man 2.
I love to hear this.

Even more so when Miles is a PoC, last thing they need is this fool working on it after his "stance" on Black Lives Matter.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Dude's got a mocap studio that devs use. That doesn't pretty much make him untouchable? Where else would they go?

Apr 23, 2019
Seems like he's only doubling down, which is depressing but unsurprising. Ideally we'd see a formal rebuke of him from the industry, but as new projects ramp up I'd settle for companies quietly moving away from casting him and letting him fade into obscurity.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Dude's got a mocap studio that devs use. That doesn't pretty much make him untouchable? Where else would they go?
Capcom & Sony both now have their own mo-cap studios. They don't really need Just Cause Productions anymore.

Seems like he's only doubling down, which is depressing but unsurprising. Ideally we'd see a formal rebuke of him from the industry, but as new projects ramp up I'd settle for companies quietly moving away from casting him and letting him fade into obscurity.
Insomniac seems to be quietly moving away from Reuben, so there's that.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"Times in history when speech was suppressed."

Yep, that's exactly what the Nazis were doing to the Jews, Reuben. "Suppressing their speech".

If only.

Merc_

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Funny enough Capcom reminds me of how Disney was behaving before Gina finally went too far and they axed her. I guess we'll see how much crazy and bullshit Capcom is willing to go along with before they're forced to drop him too.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea why Reuben decided to jump on this grenade in particular; she said toxic as fuck stuff directly ridiculing a coworker who was also the star of the show she was on, if anything she should have been replaced sooner

bruh some one take uncle Dante home, he's wilding over here

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd be wanting answers from Capcom, Naughty Dog and anyone else that works with this dude at this point.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like not that long ago this dude was barely on the radar of this kind of shit. Really went off the deep end.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fuck this man. If Sega can completely erase the coke dude in Judgement, Capcom can drop Reuben from dmc and sf.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Feels like not that long ago this dude was barely on the radar of this kind of shit. Really went off the deep end.
It was actually just a month ago.
www.resetera.com

Reuben Langdon(Dante, Ken, Mike in TLoU2) called critics of attempted coup who supported the BLM protests "hypocrites"[UP: Harassed others on Twitter]

Yeah, Capcom, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, From Software, & whoever else who work with him need to dump his ass ASAP. I thought this would be worthy of a new thread since it's new news. Special thanks for Kyle Cross for bringing this to my attention. Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter) UPDATES: Here...

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why Reuben decided to jump on this grenade in particular; she said toxic as fuck stuff directly ridiculing a coworker who was also the star of the show she was on, if anything she should have been replaced sooner

bruh some one take uncle Dante home, he's wilding over here
Because he believes the same things she does.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I kept telling myself that I'm done with DMC till Reuben is gone, but the longer this goes on, the more the brand is tarnished, and the less interested I am in any future installments as Capcom doesn't seem to have much interest in dropping him.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
It was actually just a month ago.
www.resetera.com

Reuben Langdon(Dante, Ken, Mike in TLoU2) called critics of attempted coup who supported the BLM protests "hypocrites"[UP: Harassed others on Twitter]

Yeah, Capcom, Naughty Dog, Insomniac, From Software, & whoever else who work with him need to dump his ass ASAP. I thought this would be worthy of a new thread since it's new news. Special thanks for Kyle Cross for bringing this to my attention. Source: Reuben Langdon (Twitter) UPDATES: Here...
Nah I mean more like it kind of feels like he's been spiraling(or revealing his true nature) ever since he basically went to bat for Vic Mignogna a couple years ago. Prior to that I don't remember him even being on the radar for this kind of stuff. Now it's not even surprising.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I am sure there are some good Dante voice impressionists with enough talent and time, could voice a pretty great Dante.

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom tried to pay Reuben to STFU, but considering he's Dante and Ken, canning his contract is probably the thing they least want to do unless things get further extreme.

It's really disappointing to see this news...

Who did he voice in Spiderman and Miles Morales? I didn't recognize his voice in it.

Nero/Zero's actor is good right? Please tell me. That dude has got a pretty sick voice.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I am sure there are some good Dante voice impressionists with enough talent and time, could voice a pretty great Dante.

Absolutely. He wasn't the first Dante, and the only reason he is the "permanent" Dante is because he happened to voice him in DMC3 when the series really found its identity. There are other voice actors out there that can be Dante. Reuben isn't the first, last, or definitive voice of the character.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom tried to pay Reuben to STFU, but considering he's Dante and Ken, canning his contract is probably the thing they least want to do unless things get further extreme.

It's really disappointing to see this news...

Who did he voice in Spiderman and Miles Morales? I didn't recognize his voice in it.

Nero/Zero's actor is good right? Please tell me. That dude has got a pretty sick voice.
He did mostly minor roles as well as mo-cap in Spider-Man PS4. He didn't return for Miles Morales. Also, considering that he's either non-union or Fi-Core, I don't think he's on any sort of contract.

But yeah, Dante existed before Reuben & he'll exist after him.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely. He wasn't the first Dante, and the only reason he is the "permanent" Dante is because he happened to voice him in DMC3 when the series really found its identity. There are other voice actors out there that can be Dante. Reuben isn't the first, last, or definitive voice of the character.
He did mostly minor roles as well as mo-cap in Spider-Man PS4. He didn't return for Miles Morales. Also, considering that he's either non-union or Fi-Core, I don't think he's on any sort of contract.

But yeah, Dante existed before Reuben & he'll exist after him.
Thanks so much, both of you.

I agree, with that statement. As iconic as Dante's voice is, I am sure that Capcom could find plenty suitable voices that can replicate Dante's style and quirks, if they were to replace Reuben over his views/conspiracy theories. Some people are just incredibly talented.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Jesus Christ.

Is there a screen shot of his Holocaust denial stuff? He blocked me on Twitter the last time I replied to one of his awful tweets.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
We really need to get this thread blowing so that the gaming media can't ignore this matter anymore, then maybe even mainstream gaming media (IGN for one) will get involved

Dec 11, 2017
Recast Dante, even if it means finding a different studio to do mo-cap going forward. Capcom's been doing mo-cap at a studio he partially owns, right?

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
We really need to get this thread blowing so that the gaming media can't ignore this matter anymore, then maybe even mainstream gaming media (IGN for one) will get involved

All these people are untouchable until they go too far.

We need to keep reminding companies he works with the damage he can do. Don't care how long it takes either.

He'll push himself into a corner soon enough.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
This dude has been normalizing hate for years. Seems like companies are too afraid to let him go despite his shitty behavior.