• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Was really really really hoping he wouldn't win.

He won all those races this season, then wasn't going to win it but then the bullshit gods just decided "We've got to have a late caution short run to hand this to the 5 on a silver platter" and sure enough.

And it was the ultimate, perfectly timed caution flag short run for him. At any other time the gaps on the track prior to the flag coming probably would have meant he wouldn't have had such a gain on the pit stop and any much earlier and the run probably would have been long enough for Truex to regain the lead. Truex had a lucky break, then he had an unlucky break while the fortune was reversed for the 5 car.

As a Truex fan, I'm definitely pretty disappointed on top of just really not liking Larson after what happened. The fact that Hendrick goes out and gives him the clearly first class, "A team" treatment in the engineering/team side of things after what he did is also not a good look, but I've also never really cared for Hendrick so eh.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The fact that Hendrick goes out and gives him the clearly first class, "A team" treatment in the engineering/team side of things after what he did is also not a good look, but I've also never really cared for Hendrick so eh.

Rick Hendrick was convicted for mail fraud and bribery, so it's not like he's a very good person to begin with.