• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Looking forward to a fucking stooge like Chris Cuomo going on CNN and saying, without a shred of irony, that this is somehow petty and then having some asshole Democratic lawmaker come on to agree and use the opportunity to spew the "both sides!" shit again.

It's going to happen.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nancy should have her own address on the same date at the house, talking about all the issues the president and Senate are putting on the people right now.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
You're allowed in there, Trump. Anytime you want, in fact. You just aren't allowed to speak at the podium against the House's wishes. Teehee

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
DxnSA7-WsAERnhk.jpg

fancy pelosi

10/10

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Nancy should have her own address on the same date at the house, talking about all the issues the president and Senate are putting on the people right now.
I assume that if he does some sort of rally that's televised the Dems will have their rebuttal. It probably won't be in the house though.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017

Trump seems to have given up on doing the SOTU in the Capitol, telling reporters "we'll do something in the alternative" and that it's "sad" he won't be doing the speech in the "beautiful" Capitol. Via @ToluseO.

Last edited:

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Is there anything stopping McConnell and the Senate Republicans from inviting Trump to give a speech in the Senate chamber? I'm not talking some kind of informal rule that involves respect for the other half of the legislative branch. This circus is way beyond the point where anyone is thinking about respect. I'm just curious if the Republicans might pull a, "Oh, yeah? We'll just have a smaller version of it over here then in front of us and the cameras" kind of maneuver.
"Uninvite me from the House, huh? Fine. I'll have my own SOTU Address. With Blackjack. And hookers!

In fact, screw the address!"

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
What if one of his Republican cronies in the House invites him up to speak?

You know Trump is trying to figure out how to one up Pelosi.
The house has 435 members, so how much time any one person can take the floor is very limited. They could all give their 10 minutes or whatever to Trump, but Democrats could take the floor back between every one.

Edit: Plus Pelosi could just take away open floor time if she wants, and the big fancy chair would be hers which Trump would have to stand in front of and below. Basically it'd be very silly and never would happen.

Last edited: