ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
At least 2 others shot.

CNN said:
(CNN)Nashville police are asking residents to lock their doors and stay alert after a seminude gunman killed four people at an area Waffle House.

"Keep your doors locked, keep your eyes open. If you see this individual -- if you see a nude guy walking around this morning -- call the police department immediately," Metro Nashville police spokesman Don Aaron said.

Police are asking for the public's help in finding suspect 29-year-old Travis Reinking of Morton, Illinois. Authorities said the gunman arrived in a vehicle registered to Reinking, though the gunman was last seen walking away from the scene nude.

Police say the gunman was naked except for a green jacket when he opened fire at about 3:25 a.m. (4:25 a.m. ET) in Antioch, part of the Nashville area.

Gun used was an AR-15.

Reuters said:
The gunman was armed with what was described as an AR-15 style assualt rifle walked into the restaurant in Antioch, in suburban Nashville, shortly before 3:30 a.m. (0830 GMT).

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we need to do something on a societal level. Our institutions aren't working. We force people to go to school for 13 years to learn math and shit, so why can't we force people to go to mental health professionals during their formative years? It's more of a national security issue than spending trillions on military.

Oct 28, 2017
Of course it was.
It's almost like these types of guns are specifically made to make it easy to kill a large amount of people in a short amount of time.
But that must just be my anti-gun bias.

I for the life of me cannot think of a reason to legitimately own an AR-15 other than to shoot many people at once. What other purpose does this gun even possibly serve? I just don't understand why this shit is legal.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like we need to do something on a societal level. Our institutions aren't working. We force people to go to school for 13 years to learn math and shit, so why can't we force people to go to mental health professionals during their formative years? It's more of a national security issue than spending trillions on military.

Mental health in this country will never improve until it becomes commonly accepted that "Give your problems to God" is bullshit.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I for the life of me cannot think of a reason to legally own an AR-15 other than to shoot many people at once. What other purpose does this gun even possibly serve? I just don't understand why this shit is legal.
"But its cool and it makes a big boom i mean, its to protect against tyranny! Now excuse me while I elect a president who openly muses about overthrowing the US government to turn it into a Dictatorship!"

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Might want to edit the title to say that he is possibly armed. A couple places, including CNN are reporting a customer managed to grab the gun away from the gunman.

Include

Oct 25, 2017
So sorry for the victims and their families. RIP.

Hopefully he will be arrested soon and not be able to hurt anyone else.

sersteven

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia
Or maybe bulletproof windows. Or even arm them with rocks!

Anything but gun control.

Some crazy on twitter said:
Maybe, if Waffle House, which Iove BTW, didn't post on their doors that they're a gun free zone could've prevented this. You see, Criminals and Crazies don't follow signs. They go where they can do the most damage.

People will move the goalposts as far as they can to keep their precious guns.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, so frustrating and makes me feel helpless when i read stuff like this. Rest in peace :(

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I for the life of me cannot think of a reason to legitimately own an AR-15 other than to shoot many people at once. What other purpose does this gun even possibly serve?

Chopping down trees, of course.

Might want to edit the title to say that he is possibly armed. A couple places, including CNN are reporting a customer managed to grab the gun away from the gunman.

Whoa, that's gutsy! Glad it worked out.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I for the life of me cannot think of a reason to legitimately own an AR-15 other than to shoot many people at once. What other purpose does this gun even possibly serve? I just don't understand why this shit is legal.
With which other gun are you going to breach & clear a deer den and take out all 5 hostile deer targets in quick succession?

Oct 26, 2017

He must've run out of bullets or something, because I'd have to believe they would've shot him or at least threatened to if he moved.

He was having some kind of trouble with the gun. Either he ran out of ammo or it jammed.

Ah, there we go. Thank God it happened, but the rest of this is heartbreaking for the victims and their loved ones.

Oct 25, 2017
Christ, my thought go out to those affected. Time for a random assortment of shitheel politicians to come tell everyone how we need to arm wait staff.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Christ, my thought go out to those affected. Time for a random assortment of shitheel politicians to come tell everyone how we need to arm wait staff.
The ultimate goal of the NRA and the gun manufacturers is to have every single white person in the US legally armed with multiple firearms. Even down to the children.
Maybe some of the non-white "good ones" can get a gun or two as well.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"But guns aren't the problem!", says only country in the developed world with easy access to guns and regular shootings.

RIP to those people affected. An awful tragedy, and it just keeps underlining that something needs to change.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Guh..

A neighbor has this sticker on his huge obnoxious truck:

"First rule of gun safety: carry one"

Aside from making no fucking sense, now I know this asshole not far from me carries a device that could instantly kill me or my family. Thanks America.

Depths

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nude dumbass with an AR-15. Seems completely like the type of person who should have easy access to a gun.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible thing to wake up to. Guns do kill people, no matter what certain people like to think. Hopefully the shooter is swiftly apprehended before he has a chance to hurt anyone else.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My parents were at this Waffle House just a few hours before it happened. They're safe though. Such a shame about the whole thing. This is like the second mass shooting to happen in Antioch in like the past six months. I've been telling them to get out of Tennessee although I know this shit can happen anywhere.

Last edited:

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, people can't even feel safe getting their covered and smothered on.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
My parents were at this Waffle House just a few hours before it happened. They're safe though, such a shame. This is like the second mass shooting to happen in Antioch in like the past six months. I've been telling them to get out of Tennessee although I know this shit can happen anywhere.
Holy Christ. Glad to hear your parents are ok and weren't there when it happened.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's sad that we're at a point where the only thing that sticks out about this is that the man was doing this naked.