KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the main thread, this looks amazing. I can't wait to see the full intro.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It looks freaking amazing. I really hope that it bodies very well for Ultimate getting some kind of this trailer as opening but I wouldn't get my expectation up for that.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Kind of reminds me of DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi's intro movie with how it pans from battle to battle.

Anyway, awesome commercial.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great ad that plays up what makes this series awesome. It doesn't show any gameplay, but if I were a kid and I saw this, it'd grab my imagination and make me ask my parents for this game for Christmas.

I guess I want to see confirmation that this is official before giving props to Nintendo, though this would be an unbelievable fan effort if it's not official. (EDIT: I see the official upload now.) The audio also seems a little odd (I'm surprised there's no music), though I guess that grabs your attention and makes you pay attention to the sound effects and characters.

Last edited:

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Looks amazing but weird how there's no music lol.

Like this is amazing for a intro to the game but commercial I dunno? Needs music

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome. Nice call back to the announcement trailer with Inkling at the end there too.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Is Captain Falcon the only one that actually gets hit through the whole thing? Sakurai hates F Zero theory?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Now we just need Xander for shout "Super Smash Bros. ULTIMATE!" for when this animation is inevitably used for the actual game's intro.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
It looks really good, and I kinda like the fact that there's no music tbh.
I can imagine with every commercial being loader and more annoying, it will actually be noted by people when they dial it back like this.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That's a beautiful cg ad. Could really use some music tho, not sure why they thought sounds would be enough

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
That Peach / Zelda pose is just too good.

mwzgJhzl.jpg

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want Lifelight to play in the opening. I think that's better suited for World of Light's credits. They should stick with an instrumental for the opening.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Thought something was wrong with the clip but surely the lack of music is by accident? That was super weird.