Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a thread on this but good news.

And in another tweet says as far as he knows it extends to the WWS teams as well.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Good on Sony, and that $1000 stipend is nice . My buddy at Indeed got $500 for his stipend. Meanwhile all i got were 2 work monitors to bring home

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good on Sony for taking care of their contractors as well. Hopefully others follow suit.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Times like these are when you really want your employees to know that they are working at the right place.

Good on Sony for doing all this.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's awesome. I hope it can sustain past April 30, though. Better than most people right now and a great gesture on Sony, but April 30 really isn't that far away and this crisis is clearly going to go past April 30 and with no end in sight after that.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
That's really really good of them. Not just paying those who can't do their jobs remotely (because not everyone can), but also providing the stipend.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sony is ashamed of themselves for giving in to the panic, such an overreaction!

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is so weird to think that Sony was one of the first big companies to pull out of traxr shows because of the virus and back then everyone was like "overreaction" and "they actually have nothing to show!" and now the world is on complete lockdown with more than 500k cases worldwide

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sony is ashamed of themselves for giving in to the panic, such an overreaction!
That thread was so weird.

Lol am I missing a reference here? Got me curious.

Good on Sony for that, especially with the paying workers who wouldn't be able to remote and contractors. Some of my friends are running into job trouble atm because of this. Don't see an end in sight, but I hope normalcy comes sooner than later.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Lol am I missing a reference here? Got me curious.

Good on Sony for that, especially with the paying workers who wouldn't be able to remote and contractors. Some of my friends are running into job trouble atm because of this. Don't see an end in sight, but I hope normalcy comes sooner than later.
PRobably talking about when they pulled out of all those upcoming shows before this pandemic became what it is as of this moment. The thread on it was full of people bitching about them overreacting.

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
Times like these are when you really want your employees to know that they are working at the right place.

Good on Sony for doing all this.

Yup. I think it'll take a while, maybe years given the economic outlook, but I do think when things stabilize and return to normal we'll see massive numbers of employees transitioning away from the companies that handled this poorly. I also expect consumers to respond.

Kholdy

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Good job!
The company I work for also made changes like this. It really makes you feel appreciated :)
It's awesome that because of it, I can also keep paying the lady that cleans my place and the daycare my kid goes to. =D

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. The $1,000 home office upgrade money is pretty sweet too, first time I've heard of something like that.