• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DogNut327

Aug 10, 2020
I mildly annoyed that Crysis Remastered is cheaper than Doom. 30 CAD even as a new low is still too high.

Speaking of Crysis, did it ever get any performance updates?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Went ahead and preordered Cyber Shadow. I typically don't, but Shovel Knight is one of my favorite games of the last 10 years, so I trust Yacht Club.

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
To dip into clubhouse games or not - one of those games that definitely make more sense to get digitally in my opinion

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thanks. this is gonna feel weird after playing super mario bros. 35 for like 50 hours

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
grabbed cross code, grandia, and far lone sails.

need to finish up hades to jump into some of these games i grabbed during the last few sales

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since I have heard the music for Cadence of Hyrule I have been waiting on a sale...

Still waiting...

need to look if there is anything else I want though.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and preordered Cyber Shadow. I typically don't, but Shovel Knight is one of my favorite games of the last 10 years, so I trust Yacht Club.

I thought Yacht Club is only publishing and not developing Cyber Shadow. Either way it looks good but I have yet to beat Katana Zero or The Messenger. So in my case waiting is the prudent approach.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Are there performance issues with the Castlevania Collection on Switch? I am kind of itching to play Castlevania 3 lately, and the collection is 5 bucks. But I'm not interested if it's not going to play well.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are there performance issues with the Castlevania Collection on Switch? I am kind of itching to play Castlevania 3 lately, and the collection is 5 bucks. But I'm not interested if it's not going to play well.

Performance? As far as I know there are no issues, at least I don't see any reason why...

Edit : welp apparently there are some issues.

Oct 25, 2017
So I went to preorder cyber shadow for the preorder discount. I have $150 in eshop credit from those Walmart cards.
It only gives me the option to use credit card though at checkout...
Will it auto take my balance when it's time to charge?

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
So I went to preorder cyber shadow for the preorder discount. I have $150 in eshop credit from those Walmart cards.
It only gives me the option to use credit card though at checkout...
Will it auto take my balance when it's time to charge?
It uses your credit card if your store balance is too low. As long as you keep a balance to cover it, it will pull from there first.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want to get Puyo Tetris 2 but I already have 1 and I can't Puyo worth shit. Plus Sega likes to bottom out their prices really quickly so it'll probably go down more soon. I really want it though in an irrational manner argh.

I might grab clubhouse games even though my gf already has a copy. Is it worth having 2 copies local?

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
I picked up the three Banner Saga games, both Valkyrie Chronicles, and Disgaia 5 complete.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Any opinions on Kirby Star Allies? Still seems overprice to me at $42

It's a cute game with interesting mechanics that, in my opinion, are superior to all 3DS entries. Comboing power-ups is far more ingenious than, say, a huge mecha and it's not that bad of a deal if you're interested in all the unlockable minigames and collectibles which adds some replay value. Since it's a short game, I'd say it's perfect if you're into doing multiple playthroughs. Mind you though that all Kirby games are a cakewalk so you won't feel challenged if that's what you're looking for.

That being said, if you want more bang for your buck, get Super Mario Maker 2.

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How's the Castlevania Anniversary Collection?
They play fine. There is apparently an issue with aspect ratios docked but nothing I noticed in handheld. There was a latch post review that added the Japanese versions and allowed for button remapping. Also some audio glitches were fixed. Presentation isn't stellar but for this cost, the games play great.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I just bought 51 Clubhouse games a few days ago!

Great game by the way.

At least I have the Walmart deal to fall back on lol

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm Treasure Tracker at that price is very temptating, but i want the cart version lol.

takeablake

May 21, 2018
I've heard that the Switch port had some issues. I wanted to pick it up as well. Wonder if it has been patched
Yeah, the issues at release were pretty bad (menus being way too slow/crashing the game, general performance issues), but those have been patched for a while. You may/will still experience some sub-optimal FPS when there's a little too much going on on the screen, but nothing gamebreaking at all. Definitely one of the best games I've played in a while (and I still haven't finished!).

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019
Yeah, the issues at release were pretty bad (menus being way too slow/crashing the game, general performance issues), but those have been patched for a while. You may/will still experience some sub-optimal FPS when there's a little too much going on on the screen, but nothing gamebreaking at all. Definitely one of the best games I've played in a while (and I still haven't finished!).

Good to know. I'll probably pick it up and throw it into my massive backlog

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in for Cross Code, Indivisible, and probably Captain Toad. Maybe Clubhouse games if my wife my play it

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Picked up Captain Toad -- I didn't initially because the co-op in the demo sucked, but I saw that they added true co-op to the game in 2019. Dang that's a solid patch! Should be fun to play with my kid -- I got the version with the DLC in it.