• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 17, 2018
I mean, Switch is a better fit for number 3 imo, but otherwise, pretty much. The PS4 is loud. A deal breaker for some, not an issue for others. That's just the way it is.

They can use headphones! And also get a superior audio experience too! Oh my!

Honestly, do people on this site not know what headphones are? Because it sure seems like it.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Do you mean like the noisy noise? I myself really like that sounds since it is more therapeutic. It also lets me know my ps4 is doing his best to read the game

Mar 17, 2018
Okay. It's still a loud console? Like 360 loud at some points.
I mean this is nothing really new. What are you gonna do? Be the guy returning consoles for a living? Get some quality headphones and be done with it. I swear some people sit in soundless rooms and expect their console to not make a sound.

Headphones are a superior sound environment for games anyway. But then hey if that OCD person got headphones they might not be perfectly balanced, or they might have a micro scratch that can only be seen with a microscope so they would be returning headphones too.

I think we can all agree that if you want a soundless console you might as well give up gaming. If you want lower sound get an X, and if you want everything perfect to your tastes get a PC. Or you know just get some fucking headphones.

I'm pretty sure people can bump the hundreds of topics about this issue.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this is nothing really new. What are you gonna do? Be the guy returning consoles for a living? Get some quality headphones and be done with it. I swear some people sit in soundless rooms and expect their console to not make a sound.

Headphones are a superior sound environment for games anyway. But then hey if that OCD person got headphones they might not be perfectly balanced, or they might have a micro scratch that can only be seen with a microscope so they would be returning headphones too.

I think we can all agree that if you want a soundless console you might as well give up gaming. If you want lower sound get an X, and if you want everything perfect to your tastes get a PC. Or you know just get some fucking headphones.

Bro chill. I already said "Its a deal breaker for some, not an issue for others, just the way it is". I'm not even saying its anything new or getting that upset over it, but even if I was upset over it, like some in the thread, I'd be perfectly justified. Like the Ps4 is loud, theres really not much somebody can do about it. Not worth getting flustered or defensive about.

Mar 17, 2018
Bro chill. I already said "Its a deal breaker for some, not an issue for others, just the way it is". I'm not even saying its anything new or getting that upset over it, but even if I was upset over it, like some in the thread, I'd be perfectly justified. Like the Ps4 is loud, theres really not much somebody can do about it. Not worth getting flustered or defensive about.

I'm clearly not the one flustered by it. My Pro and SSD are just fine. But this topic has about a hundred different topics on resetera. There is no reason to make this thread anymore. Bump a previous topic with better discussion. This is not something new, and it doesn't need to take up more space. Making this topic is not going to help anybody.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm clearly not the one flustered by it. My Pro and SSD are just fine. But this topic has about a hundred different topics on resetera. There is no reason to make this thread anymore. Bump a previous topic with better discussion. This is not something new, and it doesn't need to take up more space. Making this topic is not going to help anybody.
Take up more space??? If you want to debate the reasons for this thread existing, which is kind of ridiculous, I think that there are a few compelling points. 1. Awareness of a feature/trait to potential consumers is beneficial to everybody, 2. Repeated discourse over a single topic is fine and even healthy; Just because a conversation has been had once before doesnt mean it shouldn't be had again, and 3. It's not as if Reset Era has a scarce amount of "space" for threads to exist, or is some precious resource.

Clearly these threads have hit some sort of nerve with you, but it seems better to me to just ignore it and move on than to try and downplay the complaints of others and then resort to thread whining when that doesn't accomplish much.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Who is forcing you to reply to these topics? If you didn't reply, and no one else found it worthy, then it would drop off the first few pages naturally. In responding the way you did, you're only helping aid the topic in remaining on the front page.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Take up more space??? If you want to debate the reasons for this thread existing, which is kind of ridiculous, I think that there are a few compelling points. 1. Awareness of a feature/trait to potential consumers is beneficial to everybody, 2. Repeated discourse over a single topic is fine and even healthy; Just because a conversation has been had once before doesnt mean it shouldn't be had again, and 3. It's not as if Reset Era has a scarce amount of "space" for threads to exist, or is some precious resource.

Clearly these threads have hit some sort of nerve with you, but it seems better to me to just ignore it and move on than to try and downplay the complaints of others and then resort to thread whining when that doesn't accomplish much.
exactly, 100% agree.
Now for those who say use headphones, have you thought that people play with friends and family and that is actually not an option?