BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Dude is evil and a antagonistic like character.

Not everyone in video games are great people.

You arent suppose to like him

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Is it implied he rapes her in that scene? I thought it was more like the old school cartoons like Popeye, where the villain carries away the woman in his shoulder and you just pretend like there's no sex because cartoon logic.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The implied rape is definitely unforgivable but that speaks more about Namco than it does about people that play him.

And why do people play him? He's one of the most unique and fun characters in the game with his tackle mechanics. The mind-games possible with the character when the opponent is scared of his pressure can result in some of most hype interactions. Not everyone plays a character because of their story.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
All I knew about him is that he's based on Bob Sapp. That seems especially fucked up for a character inspired by an actual guy.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's distinction between cartoon supervillainy and stuff that we people in our communities may have actually dealt with.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there's distinction between cartoon supervillainy and stuff that we people in our communities may have actually dealt with.

They're both a reflection of Namco's inability to portray someone as villainous without going to absolute extremes. Stuff like all mishima's throwing each other off cliffs is just more palatable because of how goofy it is.

It reminds me of some super trashy manga/anime that have existed over the years where the only way the authors could "show" that a villainous character is villainous was by having them unabashedly sexually assault someone. It's obviously in poor taste and it shows how lightly the writers view that subject.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
First of all, slander against Bryan Fury will not be tolerated

Second, yeah Marduk is pretty crappy as a person.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Murduk >

I can't imagine writing a thoughtful OP just to have people correct your spelling with nothing else to add lmao. But yeah, he's always been a POS he was one of my least fav characters in 4. Lame design too. I fell out of Tekken but I'm surprised he's still in the franchise. Thought he would've got the Hsu Hao treatment from MKDA.

Ant_17

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Greece
I don't mind that a bad guy does bad things in video games. It's building a character. I would prefer they make an absolute monster than half ass it. And if it bothers you, doesn't that mean his is a well made villain? You want to talk about a failed villain, look no further than Akuma. Even in Tekken 7 he could not kill anyone. Kazuya had to do his job.