Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Especially applying Shonen logic to these pairings

Exactly. If this was a real life thing I could see them being buddies. But in shonen what they are doing is showing huge affection for each other. They have repeatedly saved each other and helped each other overcome anxiety issues.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
even the people who leak the chapters are like "this is ass" Hori what did you do
I lowkey feel so bad for all the aggression they're getting for expressing a rather calm critique of this chapter compared to many others. Guess that's the internet for you, once you stop being an agreeable mouthpiece you're OUT

Gonna be a long two weeks...

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The art for the new ep looks super strong, good animation during the training too. I think we might have something here Bones

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Hades II is making me understand BakuDeku shippers. I'm not joining you, but I get it.
I'm kind of the opposite. early on I was like "this is gonna be the big yaoi ship and the bakugou apology is gonna hit!" and then as the series went on, it never felt as important as everyone in universe said it is. Once the apology hit, it fell flat because Deku had like a non-reaction to it (tbh, Deku stopped being much of a character in the last 3rd of the series)

pretty disappointed since I placed bets on it becoming the next generation naruto/sasuke

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
I'm kind of the opposite. early on I was like "this is gonna be the big yaoi ship and the bakugou apology is gonna hit!" and then as the series went on, it never felt as important as everyone in universe said it is. Once the apology hit, it fell flat because Deku had like a non-reaction to it (tbh, Deku stopped being much of a character in the last 3rd of the series)

pretty disappointed since I placed bets on it becoming the next generation naruto/sasuke
Hades II made you not understand BakuDeku shippers?

I'm just drawing a parallel between these two because it's the exact same relationship, no larger point.

FjoCX_6XEAE6Mh9.jpg

Melinoe - Here's a gift.
Nemesis - What, are you giving me a gift because you think you're better than me? Are you trying to poison me? Are you rubbing it that you were chosen for the task?"
Melinoe - No ... it's just a gift.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Once the apology hit, it fell flat because Deku had like a non-reaction to it (tbh, Deku stopped being much of a character in the last 3rd of the series)
I liked that. It was funny. It's been established since nearly the beginning of the series that Izuku didn't really care if Katsuki apologized or not, and then when Katsuki finally poured his heart out… Izuku still didn't really care.

I agree that Deku's character has been suppressed under his single-minded focus on his duty for way too long, but that particular scene was fully in-line with how he's always acted.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hades II made you not understand BakuDeku shippers?

I'm just drawing a parallel between these two because it's the exact same relationship, no larger point.

FjoCX_6XEAE6Mh9.jpg

Melinoe - Here's a gift.
Nemesis - What, are you giving me a gift because you think you're better than me? Are you trying to poison me? Are you rubbing it that you were chosen for the task?"
Melinoe - No ... it's just a gift.
It doesn't feel that similar to me, tbh. Like, Bakugou and Nemesis are both assholes, and Melinoe and Deku are both cinnamon rolls, but with Deku and Bakugou I get where the idea that there might be some chemistry there is coming from, at lest. Deku clearly admired (admires, really) Bakugou a great deal, and it's not too hard to brush away Bakugou's whole deal as him denying those feelings. With Nemesis and Melinoe, it's like... they're coworkers who just don't like each other very much.

Unless there's something I haven't gotten to yet that gives them some substance beyond "big strong lady mean, me like."

(Which is, you know, valid, but can't say it makes me enthused about a relationship between the two).

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
It doesn't feel that similar to me, tbh. Like, Bakugou and Nemesis are both assholes, and Melinoe and Deku are both cinnamon rolls, but with Deku and Bakugou I get where the idea that there might be some chemistry there is coming from, at lest. Deku clearly admired (admires, really) Bakugou a great deal, and it's not too hard to brush away Bakugou's whole deal as him denying those feelings. With Nemesis and Melinoe, it's like... they're coworkers who just don't like each other very much.

Unless there's something I haven't gotten to yet that gives them some substance beyond "big strong lady mean, me like."

(Which is, you know, valid, but can't say it makes me enthused about a relationship between the two).
I mean, it's up to the player how much they want to engage. If you don't like Nemsis you can just leave it there and they will be two coworkers who don't like each other. But otherwise Melinoe is making the effort to be closer, Nemesis defaults to reading it negatively, but eventually the armor does metaphorically and literally referring to the bath option come off gradually.

Standard tsundere stuff, Nemesis just verbatim has Bakugo moments and I couldn't unsee it.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's up to the player how much they want to engage. If you don't like Nemsis you can just leave it there and they will be two coworkers who don't like each other. But otherwise Melinoe is making the effort to be closer, Nemesis defaults to reading it negatively, but eventually the armor does metaphorically and literally referring to the bath option come off gradually.

Standard tsundere stuff, Nemesis just verbatim has Bakugo moments and I couldn't unsee it.
Sure, I can see how that'd go - but what I'm not getting is why I'd make the effort. There just doesn't feel like there's any chemistry there in the first place that makes me want to explore the relationship.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Nov 23, 2022
Sure, I can see how that'd go - but what I'm not getting is why I'd make the effort. There just doesn't feel like there's any chemistry there in the first place that makes me want to explore the relationship.
I can answer that, but that's just posting game spoilers in super unrelated thread. But generally, and I'll just leave it at this

For me it started comedically harsh. But compared to Than, Nemesis is much more dynamic as a gameplay mechanic and how she interacts and interferes with your run so by default you're getting it, plus how she responds to other characters at base and the ones you see during runs. Her and Hecate arguing is interesting because she eventually makes a case. And I liked her soft spot for Echo.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
For what could be the last MHA movie, the plot still seems absolutely absurd to me. Lol

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Here i am thinking man what a banger of a chapter only to see people shitting on it 😂

I came here to ask if we know how many chapters are left because it feels like we only have a couple left. I'm not keeping up with stuff like this.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Well that was anti-climatic, like the minimum I was expecting was at least a double page spread united states of smash punch, and Shigaraki turning into dust was always a option but you'd expect more than a 2 page death, like him reuniting with his family was something I thought we would at least see, with that being said I don't think he's dead for good, the dialogue from Kurugiri about saving him this chapter and the fact that him having reconstruction was established a few chapters ago makes me believe he is getting a Pride from FMAB ending in the next few chapters, Shigaraki dies but Tenko lives, that won't save this fight though, it's still anticlimactic

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well here we are. 423 chapters later. 10 years later. The end. As someone who's spent a long time drawing parallels between MHA and how a shonen like FMA more effectively manages to juggle a strong ensemble cast of well developed characters and salient usage of storytelling themes, to see MHA finally arrive at the finish line and now overtly crib FMA's final punch-up and denouement for the ultimate villain defeat ("I basically just wanted to be closer to you, is that so wrong?"), not even bothering with a full circle moment of Deku going "Plus Ultra" or one-upping All Might's legendary "United States of Smash", seemingly even ending with the implication that Deku lost his quirk in this battle, I only really have one thing to say about this manga that seemed to patently more concerned about being in a rush to wrap up this pony show.

PcdyyuE.png

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
902551.jpg

*shrug*

Granted my eternal indifference to both of this series main villains means that I was never really invested in them, I just wanted Deku to be HERO
He truly was HERO, so uhh good enough

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like every major arc villain including movie villains had a better climax battle or final smash then this
Muscular had a more satisfying blow
Fucking Gentle
The three lovers Suneater fought
Rappa

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm gonna wait for next chapter before I start giving my full opinions but yeah I didn't like the chapter as most. Shirakumo deciding he wants to help Shigaraki because he came to appreciate him only to be blown up by bakugou is something. Probably one of the first moments I felt like Bakugou was truly shoehorned in

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Horikoshi usually adds stuff for the volumes so maybe he'll add a better punch for the final volume