• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Rody being on the cover page and ranking, along with Kirishima is great, and Kami is still in the top 20, All I needed from the popularity poll.

Liked that horikoshi subverted all expectations and made it Aoyama...also I feel bad, he got such an awful quirk.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I couldn't help but feel the look on bakugou's face on that first page made it seem like he was actually having fun with them for once lol

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've been swerved, probably better that the traitor role went to someone I'd actually been somewhat endeared to, but yeah it's the safest kinda way possible for ol' navel lazer to still be considered a hero when this plot point is no doubt tied up at pace, though in turn the coercion approach fits nutsack for one's style.

Still can't help but feel like I was robbed of some kind of invisible girl character....well maybe not development, but something

All for one may have cheaped out on the quirk but hey, giving props to Aoyama, the kid made it work to get into UA while bellyaching all the way literally, even if it's probably implied that somehow All for One must've pulled some strings to get his struggle quirk in the top school.
I suppose this also sets up that sorta symbolism shonen manga loves, both he and Deku have similar hero origins, except one of the quirkless got it from the shitstain side of the "for" duology

Last edited:

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing that both the Hagakure and Aoyama traitor outcome would have been 2 entirely different scenarios, which one would you have preferred

The traitor was a secretly evil and effective villain but a nobody with no attachment to anybody like Hagakure or what we got with the traitor being a good guy that was being used like Aoyama?

OP
OP
bunkitz

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing that both the Hagakure and Aoyama traitor outcome would have been 2 entirely different scenarios, which one would you have preferred

The traitor was a secretly evil and effective villain but a nobody with no attachment to anybody like Hagakure or what we got with the traitor being a good guy that was being used like Aoyama?
Aoyama. I'm attached to the character, unlike Hagakure. Give us some angst, Horikoshi!

Takyon

Nov 8, 2017
Aoyama being the traitor like that is pretty much exactly how I predicted/desired it. Feels good to have analyzed things correctly lmao.

It's a shame it's about the hideously bad execution. I feel like in "normal" mha, a reveal like this would call for a mini-arc and some sort of "Aoyama Yuga: Origin" chapter. Instead we get Aoyama's parents just shouting exposition at him for no reason and Deku stumbling across it.

Hori has his list of things that ought to happen and he's just smashing them onto the schedule.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
AFO having a belly laser quirk is really funny
Just imagine him fighting All Might and doing the Aoyama pose and shooting a laser

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Aoyama being the traitor like that is pretty much exactly how I predicted/desired it. Feels good to have analyzed things correctly lmao.

It's a shame it's about the hideously bad execution. I feel like in "normal" mha, a reveal like this would call for a mini-arc and some sort of "Aoyama Yuga: Origin" chapter. Instead we get Aoyama's parents just shouting exposition at him for no reason and Deku stumbling across it.

Hori has his list of things that ought to happen and he's just smashing them onto the schedule.
What you don't usually reiterate information you know in an awkward way that anyone listening can heat your life story you're acting like you're a human being nitpicking a Japanese comic on a website designed for discussions called Resetera made up of former members on another forum called neogaf

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wait where do you guys get that they are shouting? Horikoshi does a specific balloon for shouting and he didn't use it here

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Predictions for next chapter:
Deku tells Aoyama that it is alright and tries to bring him back into the UA fold. Aoyama is seemingly won over and they embrace. Then in a twist he apologizes to Deku and sends a blast into the air as a signal. Nomu attack that spot. The final battle begins!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People think that aoyama will explode but i think it will be their parents

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I can see this going 2 ways, 1.) Deku convinces Aoyama to be a triple agent for them and it backfires because AFO has everything planned somehow or 2.) Izuku tries to Talk no Justu Aoyama and he doubles down after one of his parents blows up

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
If Deku was really top hero material he wouldn't let any friends or parents blow up in front of him.

His last quirk will be the ability to eat explosions somehow if that is what it takes to save them.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
What you don't usually reiterate information you know in an awkward way that anyone listening can heat your life story you're acting like you're a human being nitpicking a Japanese comic on a website designed for discussions called Resetera made up of former members on another forum called neogaf
A good writing trick is that you can give exposition like this as part of an argument, as arguments are one of the few times normal people will loudly reiterate stuff everyone already knows at the other person.

Aoyama needed to fight back more for the scene to feel natural. When he's just standing there, it's really weird for the parents to exposit their whole backstory at him.

Nov 14, 2017
I like to think All for One had multiple variation of the laser quirk:

shoot lasers from the fingertips
shoot lasers from the palm of the hands
shoot lasers from the mouth
shoot lasers from the eyes

and gave Aoyama the belly button laser. what a troll.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Can All For One turn on and off his quirks arbitrarily, or is he always affected by whatever a quirk does? For example, would he avoid stealing Ojiro's quirk because if he did he'd grow a tail?

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Can All For One turn on and off his quirks arbitrarily, or is he always affected by whatever a quirk does? For example, would he avoid stealing Ojiro's quirk because if he did he'd grow a tail?
Makes you wonder, if tail guy got hit with a lose your quirk bullet what happens to the tail.

Maybe Froppy's quirk is the last piece Shiggy/AfO person needs to perfect their form.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

I wonder if we'll go into Giganomachia's backstory, or well...anything with him at this point. I'd guess if he has a background, it's that he was treated like an animal before meeting AFO, who treated him kindly, and that's why he's so devoted, but even with a sad backstory, he's the one with the single highest body count of anyone. If we never hear from him again, I'd guess they just put him down in his sleep or something.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I wonder if we'll go into Giganomachia's backstory, or well...anything with him at this point. I'd guess if he has a background, it's that he was treated like an animal before meeting AFO, who treated him kindly, and that's why he's so devoted, but even with a sad backstory, he's the one with the single highest body count of anyone. If we never hear from him again, I'd guess they just put him down in his sleep or something.

All for Shigaraki will teleport to him before the final battle (it's funny how he doesn't have a teleport quirk anymore but can still go anywhere he wants instantly), kill all the guards/heroes off screen and use him for the final battle. Pretty much how Hori is writing the last few months. Lol.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Komi is pretty decent at first but then it devolves into a 300 chapter slog with an annoying love triangle. It's almost like MHA in a way. Good at first and then turns awful.

Only watching the anime but I figured that'd be the case. Romance going around in circles with no progression whatsoever kind of just goes hand in hand with long-running romance manga unfortunately.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt call komi romance tho
it is more like a comedy manga that has some moments that are more like romcom, but for most part it focus on the comedy part

anyway i am very happy with the art if you couldnt guess from my avatar

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up to the latest chapter. Interesting choice for the traitor. Was almost sure it was going to be a dropped idea at some point lol

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Spoilers are coming out
looks like the chapter is mostly everyone talking about the Aoyama situation

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Aoyama is good practice for when Deku needs to talk-no-jutsu Shigaraki in the final battle.

And unless something crazy happens, this looks like it could be the end of the traitor plotline. Ended up being a whole lot of nothing lol.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Aoyama is good practice for when Deku needs to talk-no-jutsu Shigaraki in the final battle.

And unless something crazy happens, this looks like it could be the end of the traitor plotline. Ended up being a whole lot of nothing lol.
It was never going to be anything Hori seemed to stopped caring about it and honestly all the traitor did was revealed the camp and i think the school field during the first invasion and that was years ago all he really did is facilitate some invasions and characters give lipservice to it
It's not like he was constant thorn on their side unless Aoyama reveals he like poisoned All Might or something

Oct 25, 2017
Live footage of AFO giving Aoyama his quirk:
4LaWv.gif