• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Don't lend friends money and expect to be paid back ever. If you care about being friends with them anyway.

Also +1 for possible troll thread.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now
Just leave it to the lawyer obviously if she was a friend you could be reasonable but at this point you could just let it go. Never let the law come between friends but since she gave that up hey, sue!

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Any of y'all rich bois need a sugar baby? I'm available. 4k is the downpayment for these pants to come off

I just need 1k and I'll do sexting. Text only means I can be anything anybody wants🤡

As for OP, 4k is not an insignificant amount of money but it is also not big enough for you to keep wanting to get some resolution. Just move on.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This is all so silly but at least hopefully you can use this as a learning experience. Time to pull up the old suspenders. Have a crush but don't put any stake into it until it's official, don't lend money to people that you want to ever see again, don't get so drunk you puke in a toilet and get a warning from your boss, maybe don't hold a candle for someone clearly has some things to work out dealing with issues from a breakup.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Lol at ppl saying to leave it alone when he has proof. You could buy a used car, precovid, with that money. Bucha Richie Riches here.

OP, just wait a week or two. Court is a nuclear option of last resort.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
This is an amount of money that shouldn't be written off, unless you're rich.

Chill on the text messages, give your friend a week or two, then try to contact her again. Don't mention the loan immediately; just inquire about her. If you still don't get a response, wait a couple of days and then bring up the money.

If she still ignores you after your bringing up the money, and you think that you won't see the money, then you should consider sending her a formal notice by registered mail, asking her to pay you or else you are going to initiate formal legal proceedings to recuperate the money. Odds are likely that she will be scared enough by the letter that she will pay you immediately. If you do that though, you need to make sure that you are comfortable losing her friendship forever, because your friendship is not surviving this.

Finally some sensible advice.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lol at ppl saying to leave it alone when he has proof. You could buy a used car, precovid, with that money. Bucha Richie Riches here.

Based on what the OP has offered to us in this thread, I don't think spending the emotional and physical energy to pursue is worth the $4,000. Clearly OP is not in need of the money. Why waste more time and energy to drag out what sounds like an exhausting relationship?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
There are a lot of white collar well paid people here that skew things, 4k is absolutely a lot of money that you can't afford to just let go, or at least most people can't afford that

OP
OP
UpwardRapier

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020
Well, apparently she isn't going to have your money until tax season anyway, so what's with the urgency?

Keep those text messages about the money though. You're probably going to need them eventually.
Tbh I'm just curious why she would just block me tho.. as you guys know, I helped her like no one probably ever would.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
There are a lot of white collar well paid people here that skew things, 4k is absolutely a lot of money that you can't afford to just let go, or at least most people can't afford that
I'm white collar too. 4K is still a good amount of money. Anyone saying it is not is out of their mind.

I also don't think he's blocked. Sounds like anxious attachment style. 2 days is nothing.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
the speed at which we went from "you gotta move on, bro. win some, lose some" to "you gotta take her ass to court" is hilarious

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
You know where she lives so take her to court if she is not going to pay you back in a reasonable amount of time. I'd backup those texts too just in case, not just screenshot. You can also have an attorney draft a formal demand letter if you wanted to try and avoid small claims, but depending on the terms of the money you lent you probably want to give her some time. There's also a chance this is a misunderstanding. Maybe?

If it makes you feel better I used to work at a financial institution and someone financed a car for someone else in a similar situation. Then the third party stopped making payments. I think she was just a coworker he had a crush on. Guy had his credit ruined, didn't have the car, and had an embarrassing Yoshi themed email address.

It could be worse.

Don't do this, especially if he goes to small claim court.

He shouldn't do this, but I don't see how this would impact small claims court.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017

he has proof supposedly showing he lent 4k with an informal agreement to pay it back after tax season. she has until april.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'm just curious why she would just block me tho.. as you guys know, I helped her like no one probably ever would.

You'll probably drive yourself wondering why and replaying events when in reality they blocked you and didn't bother communicating why. It's more a THEM thing than a YOU thing.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
he has proof supposedly showing he lent 4k with an informal agreement to pay it back after tax season. she has until april.
Good point. Still the OP needs to wait. No contact for 2 days to thinking about getting ghosted and stiffed for 4K is a big leap.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

OP is just saying he doesnt need it because he still likes her. It's 10% of his entire net worth lol

The OP seems to only care about the money after the woman ghosted him. This has never been about the money but about OP being shocked and unhappy by the woman disappearing on him, because he has feelings for her. The money is a secondary issue that only became important because of the situation.

This is not a classic " I lend money and didn't get it back" situation.

This is a "I like this girl and she ghosted me so I'm regretting everything I have done for her" situation.

The OP is still trying to salvage the relationship and this is not really entirely about the money.

It is toxic for OP to continue to pursue any form of contact with this woman and any long drawn out battle to try to get back the 4k is just prolonging the situation.

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
OP is either the most naive bastard I've ever seen or a legendary troll. This thread is bananas.

Nov 1, 2017
This is screaming 'Nice Guy' energy.

I'm gonna be honest with you: you got played and taken advantage of. It happens.

Let this be a lesson to learn about yourself, start working on your self-confidence and street smarts so that 1) you won't get fleeced like this again, professionally, platonically, romantically, whatever and 2) you'll have the strength to move on from bad/unhealthy romantic situations.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019

I'm still laughing at this post, it's a work of art

Based on the info provided we have no real way of knowing. You do imply that you were drunk enough that night that you might have acted in a way you don't remember, so maybe it's something like that. The money could be the reason or related but without knowing you two, we can't really say.

Might also be some kind of mistake but that seems like the less likely option, depending on the device I suppose.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
The OP seems to only care about the money after the woman ghosted him. This has never been about the money but about OP being shocked and unhappy by the woman disappearing on him, because he has feelings for her. The money is a secondary issue that only became important because of the situation. This is not a classic " I lend money and didn't get it back" situation. This is a " I like this girl and she ghosted me so I'm regretting everything I have done for her" situation, where OP is still trying to salvage the relationship or salvage the money back, the key thing being "salvaging the relationship".

It is toxic for OP to continue to pursue any form of contact with this woman and any long drawn out battle to try to get back the 4k is just prolonging the situation.
The op just posted it's not about the money lol. This guy is all over the place.

Given these new developments and the feelings involved, I now agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.