• If you have been following the news, you should be aware that the people of Lebanon have been under a violent bombardment that has recently escalated. Please consider donating to help them if you can or trying to spread word of the fundraiser.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Otter pops, but yes I know that's just a brand name. Doesn't stop me calling things Thermos or Kleenex!

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
freezies.jpg

The people around me called them Freezies so that's what I do too. I'm pretty sure that's the default name for them in Canada.
Icy Pops

Daniagatha

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2018
Brazil
Probably I am not the demographic you are asking to but I will answer anyway.

Here where I am from in Brazil we call it "xup-xup". The rough translation would be "suck-suck" :D

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
We called these Rocky Mountain Cold Tubes.

Like Cokes, theyre all Otter Pops, even the not-otter otter pops.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Ice pops or freezer pops would be the generic term. Where I come from (SoCal) we called them Otter Pops just because that was the most common brand when we were kids. Like calling all tissues Kleenex.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
freezer pops or freezie-pops

edit: oh yah flavor-ice too.

how many of ya'll have cut the side of your mouth with one of these?
lets see a show of hands...

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
Freezies I guess are one of the few constants for Canadians where we name something the same across the entire country

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Freezie. That's what they're called. Though freeze pops are acceptable too.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I always defaulted to Otter Pops since those were the most distinct version of them I remember having while young. Sure the generic term is freeze pop