Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how is that butt rock, that's bad post adventure stuff. all the good Sonic music is in a Sonic adventure game.

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I actually found this weird bad pop punk kind of song to be way more tolerable than the usual Sonic butt rock. But I also kind of love the usual Sonic butt rock. So maybe don't trust me.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
That's unfortunate to hear OP, Sonic's got great music, butt rock or otherwise

Also real talk, I actually got into Sonic music because of Brawl (the only Sonic game I've ever played is Sonic Heroes... and I never even finished that)

Knight of the Wind is the best song in the game tho

Truth

I was playing my brother's copy of Smash Ultimate and when that track popped up randomly on the Sonic stage, I straight up went to My Music afterwards just to listen to it

None of the 3D Sonic game music has aged well. Like the entire mania OST puts over a decade worth of Sonic tracks to shame.

I thought Sonic Forces had a pretty good soundtrack, Fist Bump aside

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
in general, the music choices for sonic's stages in smash are terribly lazy and uninspired, and it sucks ass that we haven't gotten a single sonic remix since brawl. jun senoue and tomoya ohtani even worked on ultimate! what the fuck.

at least studiopolis made it in

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping it was Sonic Heroes, Reach for the Stars is one of the better Sonic vocal songs. That said, the Sonic music selection in Smash is abysmal. Who the fuck made the decision to add FIst Bump but cut the one and only Sonic Rush track?

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic music peaked with CD and has only had a few decent tracks since then. This ain't one of them.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Sonic Heroes sucks ass too

I am glad they included Sonic R music. I think it might not actually be good but it's intoxicating

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Yeah that's more cheesy overproduced 90s pop punk.

See what your kid thinks of an actual buttrock OST:

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
In this case, he's very correct. I honestly don't think I've ever played a sonic game with good music/audio. Sonic games are best played while muted in my opinion. The audio really detracts for the experience.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have grown to love the butt rock in Sonic games but I can see how someone not familiar with the games would hate it.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
The songs are guilty pleasures at best. Your kid is doing right by outright not liking them, he's a better human being than I am.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone talking bad about Sonic R music have to get their heads on straight. I don't blame your kid for muting that Colors song, though.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Sonic Heroes sucks ass too

I am glad they included Sonic R music. I think it might not actually be good but it's intoxicating
sonichaters.gif

How dare you call Sonic Heroes unmitigated trash.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
The thread of bad takes.

I don't know what it is about Sonic that makes people feel the need to actively shit on other people for enjoying it. The fact that OP rushed to make this thread without even knowing what type of Sonic music "butt-rock" is actually describing says it all. Reach for the Stars is hardly my favorite Sonic vocal theme either but I'm not going to begrudge anyone else for liking it.

Did they ever figure out who's gonna rock the place?

It's us. We're forever gonna rock the place.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what it is about Sonic that makes people feel the need to actively shit on other people for enjoying it. The fact that OP rushed to make this thread without even knowing what type of Sonic music "butt-rock" is actually describing says it all. Reach for the Stars is hardly my favorite Sonic vocal theme either but I'm not going to begrudge anyone else for liking it.

It's us. We're forever gonna rock the place.

This

Why do people feel the need to shit on sonic all the time?

It's kind of unfair tbh and is pretty annoying

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017