BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
For some reason I thought this was the cartoon one with the kids.

When is that one coming?

Anyways, more interested in this...now I have the urge to watch all the muppet movies especially the pirate one which I already watched like over a 100 times on VHS years ago.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
This is super disappointing if true.

It's what Wikipedia says at least.

It's not a show, just snippets to keep Muppets around and in the public conscious.

Everything Muppets with Disney has been pretty soulless after the first return movie, though the second one had the humor, it didn't have the heart.
I kinda understand this but why keep them around if they're not going to do anything with them? I prefer more Muppets over less Muppets but it's not exactly hard to come up with show ideas for them. What's stopping them from literally just doing a new Muppet Show?

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Totally unrelated to the new stuff but I found this old clip of Jim and Kermit being interviewed by Joan Rivers and it's fascinating to watch the camera keep Jim in frame for awhile only to have it completely forget about the "bearded man behind the talking frog" after awhile.
(It's also a good reminder that Kermit's voice was just Jim's speaking voice but slightly nasal pitched.)

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
They seriously couldn't find anyone better than that to do Kermit's voice? Good lord, even fucking Joel from Vinesauce does a more accurate impression.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Ugh, not saying I don't necessarily disagree I hate how so many people just reduce Kermit to "Joel's Dad". Bugs the crap out of me.

Eh, he's just the first kermit impressionist that came to mind. I know there's plenty of other people out there that could do a great job as well. Including people working within Hollywood. So I don't understand why Disney went with whoever this new person is.

Edit: for instance, Seth Macfarlane does a pretty damn good impression. Probably not the kind of person they want associated with the Muppets, but still.

Last edited:

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Eh, he's just the first kermit impressionist that came to mind. I know there's plenty of other people out there that could do a great job as well. Including people working within Hollywood. So I don't understand why Disney went with whoever this new person is.

Edit: for instance, Seth Macfarlane does a pretty damn good impression. Probably not the kind of person they want associated with the Muppets, but still.

Oh I know, I kinda went on a tangent. That Seth McFarlane but is great. It's just whenever I see a mod, a meme, a cute little crossover or whatever most, if not all comments are just "blah blah JOEL"

As a Muppets fan it just irks me.

In any case as I said few posts above, I think they just love the irony of "Evil Kermit" being the new Kermit. It's like I'm looking into an alternate universe where Constantine won, no one figured him out, and ended up embracing the Kermit persona.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Oh I know, I kinda went on a tangent. That Seth McFarlane but is great. It's just whenever I see a mod, a meme, a cute little crossover or whatever most, if not all comments are just "blah blah JOEL"

As a Muppets fan it just irks me.

In any case as I said few posts above, I think they just love the irony of "Evil Kermit" being the new Kermit. It's like I'm looking into an alternate universe where Constantine won, no one figured him out, and ended up embracing the Kermit persona.

Wait, the new dude is the person who played Evil Kermit in that movie? Oh..... that makes sense. I don't think as complicated as you make it out to be, though. Now that I know this, I'd say it's probably just a matter of them not wanting to hire someone new, when they already have a "Kermit" voice/puppeteer on hand. And as other people have said, Muppets is also pretty low priority for Disney at this point. Sigh.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
They seriously couldn't find anyone better than that to do Kermit's voice? Good lord, even fucking Joel from Vinesauce does a more accurate impression.

Yeah, so many people like to bring out their Kermit impressions and I hear more accurate ones from many of those than what Kermit (Constantine) sounds like today.

It's the same thing when I hear Big Bird talk though too. Although I don't hear of so many impressions for him, it's just like couldn't you actually get someone who can do a similar voice as before. They managed it remarkably well for those like Elmo.