• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It might well happen, but I don't really believe that the XboxEra podcast has inside information here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they are trying to guess ahead here. All these so called insiders didn't have a freaking clue about this major deal that was in the works for two years.

I do believe that Microsoft isn't done though.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if they will announce a Japanese acquisition at TGS tomorrow. I'm betting on Sega.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Don't think that source is trustworthy?

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao at the comments thinking this place made up the word "moneyhat"

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Given the length of time it took for the Zenimax acquisition, it's likely that Microsoft are still in various discussions and will be for some time.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At this point, given that all of the Japanese pubs don't have a cap of $7.5b, anything is on the table. Sega is most likely IMO because of their PC pedigree.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterdays news came in at 3pm CEST - so maybe we get news in 45 minutes?

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Asobo and Dontnod, as mentioned in the post itself, make some sense. Especially Asobo, who not only helped make Flight Simulator a reality, but they also worked on Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure (which is okay) and Disneyland Adventures, which I think is a very fun family game for the Xbox.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
Theoretically, could MS buy Sony?
They have the money, but I don't think they would really want to from an overall business standpoint. They wouldn't just be buying a video game company, they would be buying a foreign tech company that is also in charge of several movie studios, among other things. It's a lot to absorb.

Plus I doubt Sony would sell to any American company, let alone Microsoft.