nss

Apr 10, 2018
An increase of 26,000,000 more XBL users since last quarter? From 64M last quarter to 90M. That is absurd!!

Great for MS. Phil continues to be an incredible captain for that ship. XGP growing incredibly well and I expect to see that continue into next gen. Hopefully they can keep the $/m of XGP relatively low in the coming years to minimize the churn. Fantastic job by the Xteam.

More competition is going to make next gen amazing!

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
People would be better saving the concern trolling till next year when the hit 20m and really start buying up content. Just buy publishing rights to whatever looks good or popular or things that will fill a hole.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way Phil managed to turn things round and build something that'll be the basis of the new gen from what he was given is nothing short of extraordinary. His idea of cross generational libraries, saves and DLCs following you everywhere you go, replayable on new machines or via streaming, on top of Gamepass means he'll go down as one of the greats. Guy is a visionary.

Now, bring in XSX, damn excited to see these new Studios showing us the goods.

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Kewl. Do to the pandemic lots of companies are switching over to Microsoft Teams which is much better and more secure then Zoom.

yup. As soon as we went into lockdown our company rolled out Teams (despite us already using Skype for business) I know a lot of colleagues in different fields where their companies did similar. Was expecting to see that surge number. Really impressive

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
No matter how much you twist it that it's 99c paying subscribers 10 million is a huge deal for such young service. This is why active user base is sometimes more important than profit.

I expect many of the subscribers will keep subscriptions when 99c deals finish. Also if MS does better next gen and focus more than I think gamepass will become defacto subscription service like Netflix. Hopefully Sony WI have answer to it sooner than later. No psnow is not answer

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Got to say I'm really impressed with how they've turned things around going into the next generation. Hope this level of success continues going forward. Tempted to go Xbox first next gen (I always go multiplat). Game Pass is just that good.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing growth for Game Pass and well deserved. It's clear that MS is making it an important part of their gaming future. It would be incredibly interesting to see platform splits for both Xbox Live usage and Game Pass.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
21YDAhv.jpg

These sub and live numbers in comparison to the revenue increase seems a little lopsided, right?

Yeah I think you're on to something there...
giphy.gif

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Some of the takes in this thread are something. You think the developers are putting their games on the service for free?

What is it with anything Microsoft related that draws people to lose their crap and spout off fallacies and concern trolling on this forum. You think people would be happy and celebrating consumer friendly practices but apparently when it's a certain company offering them it's the worst thing in the world.

It's something to behold isn't it? We almost have a full house here. Get your bingo cards ready!

anti dev - check
Numbers must be from deal- check
Expected more- check
Where's the "real numbers" - check

just a couple more and it's BINGO

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
So is the Xbox One/One X still at around 50 million total sales?

If so, where are all these other sign-ins coming from? Xbox 360?

If I had to guess, multiple accounts per console. There are two consoles in my house, and 7 accounts. That is a similar story for many of my friends as well.
But yeah, some could still be on 360 as well, seeing as how a lot of 360 games that are backwards compatible are still pretty active online (Call of Duty being the biggest I can think of)

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I got several months left of GamePasses i got free might not subscribe after it expires would've liked better offering of the games on PC

PC Gamepass is beta and $5 a month. You kinda get what you paid for, tbh.

And the preview for xcloud is in the 100s of thousands...it's not even open up yet and not in all the places that they are going to support. Expect those XGP numbers to rise.

Yep. Bodes well for the final launch. Healthy pool to get all the feedback and info they need.

Grazzt

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
B-but the sustainability! The devaluing of games!
/s

Seriously, as a player, I'm really happy to see game pass is doing so well. It means we will get more titles on it, it's just so exciting.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
The way Phil managed to turn things round and build something that'll be the basis of the new gen from what he was given is nothing short of extraordinary. His idea of cross generational libraries, saves and DLCs following you everywhere you go, replayable on new machines or via streaming, on top of Gamepass means he'll go down as one of the greats. Guy is a visionary.

he's done good :)

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
It's not sustainable. /s

It's not sustainable for certain companies, EA, Sony and Nintendo for example, a service like this isn't sustainable for them. Particularly Sony and Nintendo since their games aren't Online focused games. Microsoft can override this model of economics because Xbox isn't a core business and their other businesses are strong enough to allow MS to enter aggressive growth mode for Xbox Game Pass.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
Expected.

But on serious note - very fast growth, holidays/nextgen will be very special. Can't wait.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

A lot of these ideas also stem right from Satya Nadella who wants to bring down the borders while some competitors want to secure those walled gardens even more.

21YDAhv.jpg

These sub and live numbers in comparison to the revenue increase seems a little lopsided, right?

I dunno. why don't you keep searching for the bad news while I hold all these games.
Lol, yes just like clockwork.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
Even if it did half that, it would be great news for Microsoft. I would have expected around 3-4m. These numbers are insane - but then again, so is the deal. £85 got me sailing until 2022.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
That's still a great number, but yeah probably a majority of these subs are from those basically free deals. But once hooked, who knows if they continue to pay the full price for it. I guess we'll see see the real potential and state of gamepass once these deals wear off, but it's not like there isn't going to be deals in the future.

A month for $1 might be asking too much though and gets basically everyone even remotely interested to sub.

he was being sarcastic. Why would you Think a majority of users are on cheap $1 deals?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Must be all those free trials right guys?? /S

Xbox off to a solid start to the next generation. Absolutely hands down the best service for gaming anywhere, well deserved success that will only continue to grow.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Folks continually asking for numbers from Microsoft: There are your numbers!

Are you not impressed?

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
I am lazy to chase 1$ deals, so I just pay $15 every month for Ultimate and share it with my brother.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Thats like 2 accounts per console. I wonder how many 360s still log on.

I mean, my family is 7 accounts on one console (all being the primary system) and there probably a few million 360s out there. A few of my PS4 friends still keep their Gold on the 360 so they can play Black Ops 1 and 2 with our group and since the games are playable on Xbox One, regular multiplayer still has pretty healthy numbers (or at least, healthy enough where I have never struggled to find a game during reasonable hours)

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I got 2 people to sign up today. Family members, they had never heard of it so they still need to work on the marketing.

I actually tried to talk them out of it because the deal on Xbox they were buying wasn't great and I thought they should wait. People are just so fecking bored though.

gamstat

Mar 17, 2019
Does any one outside of MS know how many are PC non paying Xbox Live members vs Xbox members that have to pay?
≈ 15 mln of Xbox Live MAU are accounts with zero gamerscore.
The most popular Xbox Live game is not a game, it's YouTube.
Top-10 most popular games includes titles like League of Legends and Microsoft Solitaire Collection.
I am not joking.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that anyone would continue to concern troll Xbox over stuff like this is hilarious. Xbox Game Pass is the best thing to happen for gamers this whole generation, and millions of us will be enjoying the full Xbox Series X launch lineup as part of this subscription instead of having to spend another $120 or $180 on games at launch. Amazing times to be an Xbox gamer!