• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
So I've just done a little reading about this
.... and this company, or rather its parent is for all intents and purposes insolvent?

So I really don't think anybody should be giving them money in prepayment...

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So I've just done a little reading about this
.... and this company, or rather its parent is for all intents and purposes insolvent?

So I really don't think anybody should be giving them money in prepayment...

Are you talking about Sinemia or Moviepass?

Moviepass, to my knowledge, doesn't have a prepayment plan anymore, it's all month to month.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, just canceled my annual.
Wanted to use it at AMC a couple more times to get credit on my account, but there was nothing I could watch.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed Moviepass is still alive. I'm liking it more now that they removed check stub verification. My friend still has the verification, but he submits the receipt which has been surprisingly accepted.

Cinemark sent me a free 2-month code for their Club, and it's not that bad. I'm normally saving like $3-4 everytime I go to the concession.

Nov 27, 2017
I saw Searching tonight even though it wasn't scheduled. I just noticed it was available at the local theater so I checked in and it worked fine. Not sure what happened.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell am I still getting asked for ticket verification? Went to "the meg" when I was just wanting to see incredibles 2.

Also incredibles was great go see it.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
My moviepass app says no showings almost every day last week. I think I might cancel. I found one showing this past Sunday for Kin. That was it.

Oct 28, 2017
My moviepass app says no showings almost every day this week. I think I might cancel. I found one showing this past Sunday for Kin. That was it.

I just want something for Saturday so I can happily go early in the morning to buy my ticket if someone will bother to tell me what I can see. I'll take Kin or Peppermint, which will both likely be terrible but whatever.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Aw man, that's why The Meg wasn't showing up for today. I was looking at last Wednesday's list.

Guess I'll "see" CRA.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
If I want a movie I have to get up before 12 pm and go to the movies to get one otherwise there will be a no other showings message which sucks as it's happened so many times when I'm ready to go

Boogs31

Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
I've been able to see Operation Finale and Searching in the last week with Moviepass. The amount of movies available have been few and far between but fortunately the ones I've been interested in have been on there.

I've now seen 67 movies with it and I've spent a total of 120 bucks. I've got 1 more I can see this month and my annual subscription is good until the end of November. So as long as I can use it the maximum 3 times a month I'll end up seeing 74 films. That's an average of $1.62 per movie.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got double-charged by them for my monthly subscription. I disputed it via Capital One and they put a temporary credit on my account (their system automatically recognized I was mistakenly charged twice). Just a heads-up to check if it happened to you.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo now that ticket verification's gone, what's keeping me from using my card for a different movie than the one I select through the app?

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
I just signed up for A-List. I imagine that they'll probably cut it from 3 movies a week to 1 movie a week eventually.

A-list right now is a borderline good deal, but if they lowered to 1 movie a week it would ruin it unless they lowered the price. Most time I am probably not going to see more than 1 movie a week anyway, but just having the option is nice. At 1 ticket a week it works out to $5 dollar tickets, which is a deal they already offer on Tuesdays. You lose out on some convenience, but at least you aren't locked into a subscription where you may feel more obligated to go every week.

Sooo now that ticket verification's gone, what's keeping me from using my card for a different movie than the one I select through the app?

Nothing I did it the other day. Makes the whole schedule thing sort of silly, but not all accounts have been transferred over yet.

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
I just signed up for A-List. I imagine that they'll probably cut it from 3 movies a week to 1 movie a week eventually.

They'll definitely raise prices if you want more movies but at least AMC has bargaining power with the studios and other ways of making money like snacks and drinks. I think theater chain plans should be OK, I meant third-party subscriptions where they really don't have any leverage to bring their costs down.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't used Moviepass in over a month. Just waiting for them to get their stuff together.

Do movie theater showings still vanish and are there still limitations on what movies are shown?

Bookoo

Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone know why some of the annual subs haven't been switch over to the 3 movie limit yet?

I have 2 accounts and one was moved over to the 3 movie limit (expires Nov), but the other one hasn't yet. (Expires Dec)