• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It Comes at Night -
The utter despair of the final killing.

Orzix

Oct 30, 2017
It's not a movie but the end of How I met your mother pissed me off and my wife

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Lost Weekend (1945)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you don't just overcome your alcohol addiction in a weekend where you're just a bit pissy.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably have to say The Dark Knight.

Why do Gordon and Batman feel like they need to pin Dent's murders on... Batman. If you're going to lie ... blame it on the crazy serial killer/terrorist who has made his actions pretty well known and public. CHRIST.

PreeminentDB

Oct 25, 2017
The angriest I've ver been at the end of a movie was the end of Jacob's Ladder.
And there's a new movie coming out, so that's all that I'll say.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say it actually made me angry but the ending of Arrival. This line specifically,

"I've had my head tiled up to the stars for as long as I can remember. You know what surprised me the most? It wasn't meeting them. It was meeting you."

Lame af. An all time terrible line of dialogue in an otherwise good movie.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
The last 1/3 of Sunshine.

Such a great man vs nature sci-fi thriller turned into a lens flare slasher flick for the last third. Beautiful imagery at the end couldn't save it from the hard twist.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Never read the book, but Ready Player One has the main character decide to turn off the oasis every Tuesday or some shit to force people to live life by his standards and that really ruined the movie for me.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It took me a while to come around to the ending of Contact.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Hathaway would be 90 or dead by the time McConaughey made it back to her.

Why do you think that would be the case? Brand went to Edmunds's planet which wasn't anywhere near Gargantua, so time dilation wouldn't be a factor at all. Both Brand and Coop went through the same exact instances of time dilation previously, so they aged the same prior to their separation. By the time Coop gets back to her, at most a few months will have passed.

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never read the book, but Ready Player One has the main character decide to turn off the oasis every Tuesday or some shit to force people to live life by his standards and that really ruined the movie for me.
Eh, if the world's biggest MMORPG has such a chokehold on life that your ISP will send a death squad after you for it, you should probably tone it down

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
I think I muttered "That's it?" at the end of Blair Witch. I "get" the ending, but it was a bunch of nothing, just some screaming and then end credits.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The Mist has one of the best endings to a movie of all time. The balls to do it. Love that movie because of the ending. The Holy Mountain also has one of the greatest but I was young and probably smoking pot when I saw it lol Can't think of one that made me legit angry.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Once Upon A Time In Hollywood's ending is ghoulish trash that ruins a movie I was greatly enjoying up to that moment.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
High Tension. A decent brutal slasher film that the ending just totally shits on
This. And I have been preaching this for years and it infuriates me here when people will hold it up as good or say the twist works and then bash David Cage when it commits the same sin as heavy rain.

A twist should make logical sense, be hidden and then when revealed alter previous scenes. When you find out she's the killer you should be able to look back and see it, maybe even have it fill in what seemed like a plot hole or lack of information.

High Tension howeverdoes what Heavy Rain did and straight lies to the audience and with no groundwork or logic says "here is a twist, bet you didn't see that coming" and the answer is of course we didn't see it, it's illogical and flys in the face of everything we have watched.

The worst example is giving the "killer" their own look and personality, doing things she couldn't have "like killing the whole family while she is hiding in the closet with someone else" and shares more than one scene with her the killer and victim with all three interacting that all of a sudden becomes moot. Even the argument of unreliable narrator doesn't work when the movie is not just from her view and includes the killers view in areas where they are solitary and seperate from her.

Yeah this one REALLY bugs me and I have never understood how it gets so many people to cape for it.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'll get chewed for this but both Interstellar and Arrivals made me angry near the end. I love both films but really dislike the way they meddle with time.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I mean, I didn't have high hopes going in, so the fact it's ending is additionally super terrible just besmudgens the entire affair.

next_6.jpg

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Happy Death Day 2 U. Loved Happy Death Day, was very hyped for Happy Death Day 2 U, it lived up to and even exceeded that hype for the vast majority of the movie, and then the last 10 or 15 minutes just balls up all the good writing they'd done to that point and throws the entire movie in the trash. Some movies have meh endings or bad endings but that was the only one that actually made me angry since the movie was so good up to that point that I was really excited for the ending until they just ran out of ideas.

This. And I have been preaching this for years and it infuriates me here when people will hold it up as good or say the twist works and then bash David Cage when it commits the same sin as heavy rain.

A twist should make logical sense, be hidden and then when revealed alter previous scenes. When you find out she's the killer you should be able to look back and see it, maybe even have it fill in what seemed like a plot hole or lack of information.

High Tension howeverdoes what Heavy Rain did and straight lies to the audience and with no groundwork or logic says "here is a twist, bet you didn't see that coming" and the answer is of course we didn't see it, it's illogical and flys in the face of everything we have watched.

The worst example is giving the "killer" their own look and personality, doing things she couldn't have "like killing the whole family while she is hiding in the closet with someone else" and shares more than one scene with her the killer and victim with all three interacting that all of a sudden becomes moot. Even the argument of unreliable narrator doesn't work when the movie is not just from her view and includes the killers view in areas where they are solitary and seperate from her.

Yeah this one REALLY bugs me and I have never understood how it gets so many people to cape for it.
All that, and...
...the movie doesn't even realize that it has an out with the physical impossibility of the heroine having to drive two vehicles that was just as simple as making it so that she retrieves her friend from the trunk of her car instead of what should have been an imaginary truck, since that would have solved the issue of how she would have gotten her injuries while still keeping her friend in the same proximity. It really is David Cage-tier writing.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'll probably have to say The Dark Knight.

Why do Gordon and Batman feel like they need to pin Dent's murders on... Batman. If you're going to lie ... blame it on the crazy serial killer/terrorist who has made his actions pretty well known and public. CHRIST.

This is the first movie that popped into my head. Gordon's ending speech is word salad.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think you can list a movie that made you mad intentionally. Like you are supposed to be angry at the end of the Big Short. Maybe Gone Girl too, I guess.

I dont think thats what the thread was about though.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I remember now that I was mad at the end of Infinity War. Like, how fucking dumb do you think I am? You're trying to make people cry over this Spider-Man death when people know FULL WELL he has another film on the docket. Just so inconsequential that I was annoyed I went through the trouble of seeing it opening night.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All that, and...
...the movie doesn't even realize that it has an out with the physical impossibility of the heroine having to drive two vehicles that was just as simple as making it so that she retrieves her friend from the trunk of her car instead of what should have been an imaginary truck, since that would have solved the issue of how she would have gotten her injuries while still keeping her friend in the same proximity. It really is David Cage-tier writing.
Now I am getting worked up again...ugh.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think any film/show/book has ever made me angry, I read a book on North Korea once that maybe came close but that was more sad/slightly annoyed.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
The original Dredd movie with Stalone...I walked out when I went to see it at the cinema when he took his helmet off, but my wife said that i should give it another go.

So we sit down and I power through him taking off his helmet. A few odd bits ( ABC Warrior cameo? ) and was enjoying it in a guilty kind of way.

The ending though had me fuming...who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have Dredd start kissing Judge Anderson?!?!

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
The ending to The Mist is literally hilarious. It's so forced and over the top. I guess it does kind of invoke Greek tragedy in a way but I found it to be like almost a parody of itself

There's an underrated movie with a somewhat pre-fame Michael Shannon called Take Shelter that I think is under-appreciated...but the ending to me kind of ruins some of the themes and messages of the movie. I won't spoil it, you should still watch it cause it's a good movie. If anything it's more relevant than ever in the catastrophic-climate-change-seems-inevitable era.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
The end of Eden Lake made me reach sick and angry levels about equivalent to the night Trump got elected. It was that bad.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
I can't say it actually made me angry but the ending of Arrival. This line specifically,

"I've had my head tiled up to the stars for as long as I can remember. You know what surprised me the most? It wasn't meeting them. It was meeting you."

Lame af. An all time terrible line of dialogue in an otherwise good movie.
the last part of arrival made me go "ah fuck off" and kinda soured the movie for me

just thought it was hokey and stupid

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The end of AI and Knowing. Ai because I was I already angery at how dumb the movie was then they had that ending? It took stupidity to another level. I wanted my money back.

Knowing because the movie was legit good and wasted it on an awful ending. I was more mad about the wasted potential of the move then the ending itself though.

Angier

Jul 12, 2019
I really don't like the cloning machine twist at the end of The Prestige.

I understand the themes and everything, but I think it's such an unrewarding payoff to a movie that has mostly practical, and consistently interesting, explanations for its mysteries. I really wish the final reveal hadn't taken a science fiction swerve.
After seeing your post I had to reply lol. The ending, in my opinion, makes re-watches interesting. I respect your opinion though.