• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Motley Crue have officially announced they are back together and will tour again.

The band famously signed a cessation of touring contract in January 2014 when revealing their last-ever tour – but rumours of a proposed return to the stage have been building over the last few weeks.

Earlier today, it was reported that the Crue could head out on a US stadium tour next summer with Def Leppard and Poison, and while that has still to be confirmed, Motley Crue have released a video announcing their touring comeback, with the clip showing the destruction of the legal document they signed almost six years ago.

The video is narrated by Machine Gun Kelly, who played Tommy Lee in the hit Netflix documentary The Dirt.

I kind of feel bad for the fans who feel duped about their last tour being billed as the final tour but I think were at the point that any tour billed as a farewell tour should always be treated as a marketing ploy at best.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Gimme tour dates. I missed their "farewell" tour(was gonna go to the Virginia Beach date but I deployed a few weeks before the show) so I'm gonna try and see them this go around. Hoping for a Boise date but if I have to trek to Salt Lake I prob will.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
User Warned: Drive-by low effort post.
Does anyone actually care?

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I've seen that Vince Neil video before and it blows my mind that he can go out there and do that. I remember a comment on Reddit saying he sounds like Bob Dylan and looks like two 1980s Vince Neils put together.

OP
OP
Cranster

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen that Vince Neil video before and it blows my mind that he can go out there and do that. I remember a comment on Reddit saying he sounds like Bob Dylan and looks like two 1980s Vince Neils put together.
You can atleast give him credit for not lip-syncing or playing to tracks like most pop/hip hop acts do.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I think he may have eaten Mickey Rourke.

Also, Mick Mars has achieved full Mumm-ra.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I kind of feel bad for the fans who feel duped about their last tour being billed as the final tour but I think were at the point that any tour billed as a farewell tour should always be treated as a marketing ploy at best.

They should offer ticket discounts to anyone with proof of ticket from last tour as a goodwill gesture.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
That's why after Ozzy's first "No More Tours" tour, I will never fall for that farewell shit ever again. A lot of people have back tracked and although this one was pretty quick, it's expected.

OP
OP
Cranster

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's why after Ozzy's first "No More Tours" tour, I will never fall for that farewell shit ever again. A lot of people have back tracked and although this one was pretty quick, it's expected.

Rush did it best, they disbanded after their last tour without any sort of prior announcement.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I was gullible to expect different this time around. But I really thought Mick Mars would never agree to it.

At this point I think Mick will outlive Vince though!

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think by now nobody would believe a band when they say they are going on a final tour. I'd say death is the only thing that ends a band, but then we have groups out there like The Eagles still touring after one of them died.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
You'd think by now nobody would believe a band when they say they are going on a final tour. I'd say death is the only thing that ends a band, but then we have groups out there like The Eagles still touring after one of them died.

I really thought this was the case. With Nikki saying he didn't tarnish the brand and what not. Then the Netflix movie happened and I knew it was a matter of time.

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite band(along with a few others) but I stopped caring about them after New Tattoo.

Too Fast for Love is my favorite album of all time but they're just there nowadays and Nikki's become a dickhead.

Hopefully Vince gets in shape for this though.

And most importantly, hope it doesn't delay Mick's LONG awaited solo album.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be a total ass hole. I get that time is mother fucker for everyone, but especially singers. But, holy shit, people like Vince and Ozzy Osbourne, I don't know how you spend money to see them. Saying they sound bad is an understatement. They literally can't sing any more. People just blowing their money to say they saw these famous people? 'Cause you certainly aren't spending your money on the music.