Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Makoto is the #1 P5 character?
Chie is the #1 P4 character?

All is right with the world.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
LOL I also read it backwards and was like people really like Metis!?!?!?! What!?!?!?!

Solid list though Mitsuru should be #2.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Makoto is GOATed so this should be of no surprise to anyone. Mitsuru should be second place and i dont care about the rest at all

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
#1 is correct. One of the very few characters in P5 that mattered plot-wise.

Mitsuru is too low though, but I'm guessing they don't like being punished.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
honestly, this poll is shit for not including sae or margaret. they are the real best girls of their respective games

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
Persona 2 continues to be the best* in the series, but the world isn't ready to appreciate it as it should.

Persona 4 is pretty great though, and Chie is probably best girl

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
3rd place....

giphy.gif

At least Kasumi is okay in 2nd place tho. Never like Makoto anyway.

I hear you. Futaba is the best.

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
The most popular character from the most popular game in the series being #1 is quite the surprise, isn't it? Kasumi being #2 is surprising, glad to see people loved her as much as I did. Still surprising considering she was only in Royal, maybe Atlus should make another spin-off or two and include Kasumi...

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
I wasn't sure who Yoshizawa was, having not played Royal. Turns out she has *QUITE* the fan art following. (Safesearch could not compete)

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I fucking knew Makoto would be number one lmaoo

Haru and Ann deserve better wtf

Yukari in the back where she belongs.

I'm guessing the ones that I don't recognize are from Persona 1 and 2

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
i'm just gonna blame this on recency bias because lmao

mitsuru being that low is criminal, queen deserves better
Bruh Persona 5 is 6 years old now lol

Since then we've had P4G PC release, Persona 3 and 5 Dancing and Persona Q2. There have been many chances for people to know the P3 and P4 cast.

But I agree that Mitsuru is too low

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
Another well deserved victory for Makoto. Totally not biased at all though

Chie is my actual favorite character out of everyone listed here, and her being the number 1 P4 girl is kinda heartwarming considering this line from Golden

xdYbXnL.jpg

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Rise should be dead last and Mitsuru should be higher, that's all I have to say about that list

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
All Persona 1 and 2 characters occupy the bottom slots...smells like people that didn't play those games and are missing out, especially Persona 2.

Really disappointed by the lack of respect for Maya and Ulala in particular, but I also like Elly.

I guess Maya getting the highest rank for a Persona 1/2 character is good, but still disappointing to see all of them that low, but funny that they all beat Metis.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking knew Makoto would be number one lmaoo

Haru and Ann deserve better wtf

Yukari in the back where she belongs.

I'm guessing the ones that I don't recognize are from Persona 1 and 2
You can fix this!

At least play the Persona 2 duology if you can't stomach Persona 1, I can understand how many people bounce off of Persona 1, even though I personally think it's good.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bruh Persona 5 is 6 years old now lol

Since then we've had P4G PC release, Persona 3 and 5 Dancing and Persona Q2. There have been many chances for people to know the P3 and P4 cast.

But I agree that Mitsuru is too low

Coming from someone who played Q & Q2, the subset of ppl who played the Q series, spinoffs exclusive to the 3DS that play more like EO, and the mainline Persona series, games exclusive to PS (P4G for windows didn't come out until 2020) is slim and are probably dominated by Persona/SMT superfans anyway lmao.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
The problem with Makoto Niijima is that she undermines Joker sometimes. She's essentially a pseudo leader. She takes over everything and Joker is just standing there.

I wish she was the first party member you got instead of Ryuji. It would have made more sense to me if she got so much time from the beginning because she would be Joker's right hand. That would've have worked better because once she enters the game… she takes over almost all the scenes. It even happens in Persona Strikers.

Makoto is still a cool character and her design is great. She definitely dominates the game once she enters though. Haru got screwed over hard and deserves better. Futaba still gets recognition because she's Oracle.

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
Ah, yes. Yukiko and the valuable lesson she learns to be more independent and assertive, but not - you know - too much so.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I was going to suggest buying a PlayStation TV (it's pretty much a Vita that plugs into your TV) as it was $99, but now it's apparently doubled or tripled in cost everywhere. :(
Yeah I know about the PS TV annnd I'm good lol

If Atlus ever ports it again I'll check it out. Staying the fuck away from Persona 1 tho
Coming from someone who played Q & Q2, the subset of ppl who played the Q series, spinoffs exclusive to the 3DS that play more like EO, and the mainline Persona series, games exclusive to PS (P4G for windows didn't come out until 2020) is slim and are probably dominated by Persona/SMT superfans anyway lmao.
True, but people still have more chances to know about them.

I mean, Chie and FeMC overtook a few P5 characters

Just noticed Marie didn't even make the list.

I'm cool with the list now.

The poll is only between party members

But yeah Marie is trash