Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
From April 27th to May 4th, the Japanese Netorabo Survey Team conducted a questionnaire with the following question: "[Persona] Tell me your favorite female companion character!"

The survey received 2,336 responses in total, and the top 22 characters for this poll can be seen below.
  • Metis (22)
  • Yuka Ayase (21)
  • Yukino Mayuzumi (20)
  • Ulala Serizawa (19)
  • Maki Sonomura (18)
  • Lisa Silverman (17)
  • Eriko Kirishima (16)
  • Maya Amano (15)
  • Fuuka Yamagishi (14)
  • Yukari Takeba (13)
  • Yukiko Amagi (12)
  • Mitsuru Kirijo (11)
  • Haru Okumura (10)
  • Ann Takamaki (9)
  • Aigis (8)
  • FeMC (7)
  • Rise Kujikawa (6)
  • Naoto Shirogane (5)
  • Chie Satonaka (4)
  • Futaba Sakura (3)
  • Kasumi Yoshizawa (2)
  • Makoto Niijima (1)
personacentral.com

Most Popular Persona Series Female Party Members According to 2022 Japanese Poll - Persona Central

The Japanese Netorabo Survey Team has put together a poll for the most popular female companion characters in the Personas series.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I would be shocked if Makoto ever lost one of these going forward. She's cemented at the top for fans.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Makoto better be #1. Her utility is incredibly good, and she's a fantastic character. Great to see Chie as the #1 P4 gal, as she should be.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
This list is wack beyond belief

Edit: read it wrong lol, slightly less wack now. But still Wack.

I'll never understand what people see in Makoto

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I figured either Makoto or Futaba would get 1st, so I'm not surprised.

Whole list pretty much played out how I expected it to.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i'm just gonna blame this on recency bias because lmao

mitsuru being that low is criminal, queen deserves better

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How mitsuru lost to a fucking robot.
I understand Makoto #1. Ann and Haru are so bad that makes the cop looks cool.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 almost perfect, except for FeMC not being 1 and Makoto being in it.
Would have her at number 6

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Maya deserves to be in the top 10 at least

Last edited:

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Clearly a full remake of the Persona 2 duology is needed for Maya to take back her rightful place as the #1.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Maya at 15.

Nu-Persona was a mistake; it's nothing but trash.

Edit: Lisa Silverman at 17 jesus christ.

None of the new female characters have their own themes.

Last edited:

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, was very confused at first as to how I'd missed the Metis love.

But yeah, expected Makoto, Futaba, and Naoto. No surprise.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Makoto as #1 is no surprise.

I should really get around to playing Royale to see what all the fuss about Kasumi is about.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never get the love for makoto, but y'all do you.

Kind of surprised at kasumi tho. Like her, but surprised.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Legitimately didn't know Makoto was popular. I mean, she was my favorite character but I didn't think it was that popular of a pick. Though this is a really small sample size tbf and also let's be real a lot of people were likely actually answering a very different question from the one posed.

And for everyone shocked that the P5 characters ranked over the P4 ones who ranked over the P3 ones who ranked over the P1/P2 ones... that's how these polls work. Relevancy bias is ALWAYS the primary factor. Unless you're a character so popular you transcend it but I don't think Persona has any of those. 3-5 are especially so similar that the fanbase more or less just moves onto the new cast when one comes out, plus each game has only gotten more popular.

Sorry. Chie's voice is too grating to be #4. I can't.

#1 is right though.
Which voice? Japanese? PS2 English? Golden English? This poll would only be for people familiar with the Japanese one.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't really disagree with number 1 but it's a bummer to see the P1 and P2 character so low while weaker P3-P5 characters (like Fuuka) are above them.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Legitimately didn't know Makoto was popular. I mean, she was my favorite character but I didn't think it was that popular of a pick. Though this is a really small sample size tbf and also let's be real a lot of people were likely actually answering a very different question from the one posed.

And for everyone shocked that the P5 characters ranked over the P4 ones who ranked over the P3 ones who ranked over the P1/P2 ones... that's how these polls work. Relevancy bias is ALWAYS the primary factor. Unless you're a character so popular you transcend it but I don't think Persona has any of those. 3-5 are especially so similar that the fanbase more or less just moves onto the new cast when one comes out, plus each game has only gotten more popular.

Which voice? Japanese? PS2 English? Golden English? This poll would only be for people familiar with the Japanese one.

Her English one P4G.