Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing bugged me for the first couple days but finding out you can shake trees for branches infinitely ended up making me not care anymore, crafting takes like 5 seconds if you tap A while doing it.

I sort of have the opposite feelings as you. BotW was annoying the first few days, but it became tolerable in the end. Five seconds to craft a tool and up to half a minute shaking a tree for branches (it can take a bit for the trees to give 'em up)...you craft enough furniture and other stuff! Why the tools? Absolutely the dumbest design choice in an otherwise enjoyable game. I await the day I forget to customize my watering can and it explodes.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sort of have the opposite feelings as you. BotW was annoying the first few days, but it became tolerable in the end. Five seconds to craft a tool and up to half a minute shaking a tree for branches (it can take a bit for the trees to give 'em up)...you craft enough furniture and other stuff! Why the tools? Absolutely the dumbest design choice in an otherwise enjoyable game. I await the day I forget to customize my watering can and it explodes.
Alternatively, awaiting the day Nintendo patches that and makes it so customization no longer refreshes the durability of tools, because I can't imagine that's actually intended behavior at all.

Feb 9, 2018
It never makes a game better. It was one of the reasons I stopped playing Far Cry 2. It was one of the most annoying aspects of BotW. There were 153 weapons (including the 26 different bows), and most of them felt redundant and disposable, except for the rare ones which felt too good to use. I tried to avoid combat when I could. There should have been a more limited selection of weapons and shields, at least a few of them permanent, with you upgrading from one to the next as you earn ones that have better attack/defense power, similar to how you keep getting more and more powerful gear in a regular RPG. Older Zelda games allowed you to get progressively better permanent gear, and even BOTW's armor is permanent.