• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
eydqtczxyaahv93gxk9j.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Still don't know what to think about this game. Could be great, could be terrible based on the footage released so far. Guess I have to wait for impressions.

Gin

May 2, 2018

Now that is how you do a good trailer - Day 1 for me

Edit - I see some of the devs are here. Whoever made this, please give them a promotion.
Love the graphics and the music - I can feel the sense of dread and getting destroyed by enemies. Love it!

Last edited:

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I really enjoyed the demo, despite the Souls inspiration, the game has it's own identity, many interesting mechanics. The regional pricing is also very good for my region.

I'm considering buying on day 1. I feel this will be another "Remnant From the Ashes" for me, another game from a smaller developer that will end up being one of my favorites new IPs.

lOTl Dark Shells.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Ooo that's soon. Good few weeks for Soulslikes...Hellpoint, this, Blasphemous DLC, Nioh DLC, Remnant DLC...gonna pump up my backlog for a while

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Demo looked cool. Didn't expect this to release so soon and the price is also great.
Hard to pass this up.

Mar 22, 2019
Is there no hype for this? Big Dark Souls Action RPG-like fan and enjoyed the beta but keen to play on PS4 - is it being sent out to die this week?

Gots

Feb 20, 2019
Canada
Is there no hype for this? Big Dark Souls Action RPG-like fan and enjoyed the beta but keen to play on PS4 - is it being sent out to die this week?
I could be wrong but it seems like footage they've showed recently has been less than impressive and has slowed down the hype train for a lot of people. Interested to see reviews.

Oct 27, 2017
Also being an EGS exclusive on pc doesn't help, many will just wait for Steam release.
This topic was a roller coaster for me, as I just found out about this today, read through the topic, saw the quotes on page 2 about no plans EGS release and then saw the tweet on page 3 that doesn't mention Steam. So I've gone from "I'll probably pick it up this weekend if the release version looks good" to "guess I'll wait until it's $10 on Steam in a year or two."

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The game does have one of the wildest weapons I've seen in this sub-genre:
rOunJzA.gif

Crossbow bazookas are grade A material.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Also being an EGS exclusive on pc doesn't help, many will just wait for Steam release.

Yeah, I'm playing Hellpoint right now (loving it) and wish I could switch to Mortal Shell right after, but I have no friends on Epic, don't want to split my library etc. I'll get it on one of the consoles if it's 60fps, otherwise it'll be on Steam in a deep discount years from now.

Unless it ends up being free on Epic store, like Remnant is this week. Then I'll give it a chance.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Was going to get this Day 1 but then saw the tweet about a physical copy in Oct. Will wait until then and see what the reviews say.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The demo was pretty bad tbh :( lots and lots of major problems. Also, EGS exclusive means it will kill the hype, I think

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, this is out tomorrow? Demo looked super rough in places :-\ But I didn't play for myself. Okay, lets wait and see for impressions. At least the artstyle is amazing.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Most Soulslike tend to be disappointing I'll let the buzz decide if it's worth paying attention to after launch. And no Surge 1/2 and that other game just did nothing for me. So it has to at least surpass those in certain ways.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is good, but until a Souls-like actually delivers a comparable experience in terms of exploration & world building I'll continue to be skeptical that any actually "get it" beyond a surface level.

The trailer for this is great. The hour long straight gameplay footage that's out there... not so much.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the demo except for the camera. I don't like how proactive the camera is in this game, it likes to lead you around, wander off center, etc. Very distracting.

The launch trailer is awesome.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Woa, is this really coming out tomorrow? Crazy. $30 is a good price too. I'll look into it. I want to see how it runs on PC first, as the requirements seem a bit more demanding. If no, I'll pick it up on console, I suppose.