• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"Invitation to fight for something called Mortal Kombat"

Fights might be good but that dialog doesn't inspire much from the plot

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hmm dialogue is a bit weird... may just be the trailer

Not sure about some of the casting either

ZanderEzekial

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberspace
First half of the trailer and the overall tone seem dire. Very low energy for anything related to MK.

Also, this cole guy is Johnny Cage and they're revealing that at the end of the movie right?

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This needs to be cheesy as hell to be good. I don't like the serious gritty tone they are taking with the movie.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that actually looks pretty dope. I'm in. That's the stuff I wanna see although I'm sure Cole is the wild card here. If they do him well he'll be good. If they don't then we'll see.

Overall thats good enough for me.

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Looks great, everything but kano... did they forget the cgi or... does he just shoot lazers from his normal eye? cause that was not good

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Yeeeeeep, this movie is going to be all fanservice, all the time.

You ain't watching this for the story. You're watching it for the crazy shit.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Im so in, that looks just fun as hell and they nailed the small segments of combat we saw

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I saw the Russian leak earlier but yeah I'm sold. Will rent on premium digital day 1 since cinemas are closed here and no HBOMax where I'm at.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
there are tons of fatalities in this, sub zero does even an x ray move on scorpion, looks really good so far. at least it seems to be very true to the games. costumes are baller too.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
Effects look a little wonky , but it looks they are going all on in the violence and fights , which is that MK is all bout.

Wish it had a lot more color though ; looking a lot of cold colours compared to modern MK

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
That looks fucking awful
Looks like it could actually be worse than annihilation
I was dying when the girl explained what a birth mark is, wtf?
Most of them look terrible, especially Kano

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Looks enjoyable enough, although I did wonder about it taking itself a touch too seriously until the end of it.

Oct 27, 2017
What's even the point of the Cole character? I HATE when Hollywood creates random audience insert characters for no reason. I already know I won't care at all about him

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
This looks fun. The last bit with Kano was great.

The trailer ends with a retooling of the OG MK movie theme, so that's cool.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
That was the absolutely weakest "get over here!"

I have ever heard in my life and I very fucking surprised they went with that take.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
200.gif

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who is this Cole guy? Lol.

He's got a birthmark that he was born with.

Also.

It's just now registering that Bi-Han freezing the shotgun in the beginning was like him freezing Sonya's pistol in the old movie except it looks cooler lol. You can see the actual pellet spread.