Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is this 100% confirmed or just speculation? The only reason I ask is because the guy who posted the Subzero tag boss fight specifically told me there were no consumables usable for that fight .

I literally did it last night? Unless we're both talking about a different battle. It's Sub Zero on the like red beach area. Starts with floor freezing, then ice missiles, then freezing hale....?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, does anyone know if unlocking Kitana's human skin (the one shown during her reveal, lol) is an impossible task?
It's apparently (at least the game states as much) a skin found in the Krypt. So it should be possible with either a lot of luck or a lot of koins. Playing story mode I unlocked a similar human skin with a cape. Not quite as pretty imo, but at least something. I assume everybody unlocks the same skins and gear during story mode?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
It's apparently (at least the game states as much) a skin found in the Krypt. So it should be possible with either a lot of luck or a lot of koins. Playing story mode I unlocked a similar human skin with a cape. Not quite as pretty imo, but at least something. I assume everybody unlocks the same skins and gear during story mode?
Well, it's something, lol. Thanks!

I'm planning to ignore the time towers as much as I can, so this is a tiny little bit reassuring.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
That was the case in Injustice 2, so probably.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
So does this basically confirm all of these characters save for the removed one aren't going to be on the roster? These all smell like death sentences when you've been shoved into assist territory.

This probably still rules them out, but this has been known for months. Didn't a dev even make a specific reference to Reptile's force ball? https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomb...1_reptile_shinnok_cyrax_and_rain_deconfirmed/

And at like 7:30 or so you can actually see it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeniG-Ed4k

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This probably still rules them out, but this has been known for months. Didn't a dev even make a specific reference to Reptile's force ball? https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKomb...1_reptile_shinnok_cyrax_and_rain_deconfirmed/

And at like 7:30 or so you can actually see it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeniG-Ed4k

I recall seeing that and concluding, like many others, that this would mean those characters will be MIA. I'm just now seeing it on a much larger scale with even more characters which is surprising me.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I recall seeing that and concluding, like many others, that this would mean those characters will be MIA. I'm just now seeing it on a much larger scale with even more characters which is surprising me.

Yeah and I guess it's expanded and basically deconfirms most of the characters I actually want as DLC (a bunch of ninjas lol).

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
maxresdefault.jpg

havik-mka-face.jpg

Fucking BIG HAPPY if My boi Havik gets in.

He deserves more than reptile,mileena or smoke which are all playable in MK9 and MKX . Give other characters chance to reborn
kq2uogdihpc21.jpg

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know exact date MK11 comes out on Steam in NZ / Aus? Seems like it's a day after consoles.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
Man it's so frustrating steam doesn't unlock every game at midnight. Hope it gets changed but i'm not holding my breath..

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man it's so frustrating steam doesn't unlock every game at midnight. Hope it gets changed but i'm not holding my breath..

It's not Steam's fault. It's up to the publisher/developer to change the release time in Steam's database. If they don't provide a release time themselves, it defaults to the daily store refresh time - 10AM PST. Tweet at the MK twitter account/community people at NRS to get it changed.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
It's not Steam's fault. It's up to the publisher/developer to change the release time in Steam's database. If they don't provide a release time themselves, it defaults to the daily store refresh time - 10AM PST. Tweet at the MK twitter account/community people at NRS to get it changed.

I did not know that. Thx for the info!

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I think the UMK3 roster should always be in a MK game, I mostly look for those characters whenever a new one is announced.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
So a guy on the mortalkombatleaks subreddit found this in the already leaked switch stuff
xpzauj3ovnt21.jpg

With any luck this might mean havik is going to be DLC and they decided to remove his assist for that? Has anyone found his assist ingame?
Fuck yeah. First i thought thats sucks for Havik being a Assist opening this but reading im pretty hype that he could make it.

Now also give me Sareena for a 2nd Kombat Pack and im more than pleased. Would be a A+ roster at the end.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously?? That's like... 90 pieces of gears per character? wow. I imagine not all are super different but still.

Yup the characters main accessory is the most different Noob and Kabal have tons of different masks ranging from classic looks to far out stuff. Weapons are kinda samey though but they look different enough you wont run into someone with the exact same gear as you.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, and in the case of Sub Zero's tag battle, I was. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of the battle, and assumed the assists were random. I should've recalled the last couple of NRS games, because these are the same mechanics that were in MKX IIRC. Slaythe Syntsui you guys ended up being correct.

You face a boss in teams of 3, each of you fights him 1 by 1, and as the boss gets weaker, their own assists get stronger. This is as true as it ever was. However, you're supposed to play this battle in windowed mode, because YOU the players control the assists. While P1 is fighting, P2 and P3 may use their assists to help P1, and so on.

For this battle, the following assists were given:
P1: Special forces carpet bomb, super armor, and a heart that drops to the ground and you gotta walk over to pick up
P2: Mileena's sais, Juggle Kombat which makes the enemy ragdoll for bigger combos, Super Armor
P3: Instant heal, Hydro assists (tidal wave), and a gift of ice pick up that gives you armor against being frozen for a few seconds

Not only do these pickups make the fight beatable, they make it fun too. Even the ridiculous phase 3. Here's a video of me and 2 randoms beating it. It's muted because the first player didn't understand how to use assists, like I once did not, and I spent much of the game telling him to do so on the mic.

So to reiterate, I was wrong. This fight isn't one of the bad ones. Good job making it fun NRS.

So a guy on the mortalkombatleaks subreddit found this in the already leaked switch stuff
xpzauj3ovnt21.jpg

With any luck this might mean havik is going to be DLC and they decided to remove his assist for that? Has anyone found his assist ingame?
Yes, I have found Havik's assist in game.

By the way sephi22 have you found any intro/outro ? I opened 200+ chests so far and no luck so far :(
I've unlocked the Mirror Match Outro for Noob from Character Tower Stage #3. Nothing from the Krypt afaik

Last edited:

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, and in the case of Sub Zero's tag battle, I was. I didn't fully understand the mechanics of the battle, and assumed the assists were random. I should've recalled the last couple of NRS games, because these are the same mechanics that were in MKX IIRC. Slaythe Syntsui you guys ended up being correct.

You face a boss in teams of 3, each of you fights him 1 by 1, and as the boss gets weaker, their own assists get stronger. This is as true as it ever was. However, you're supposed to play this battle in windowed mode, because YOU the players control the assists. While P1 is fighting, P2 and P3 may use their assists to help P1, and so on.

P1: Special forces carpet bomb, super armor, and a heart that drops to the ground and you gotta walk over to pick up
P2: Mileena's sais, Juggle Kombat which makes the enemy ragdoll for bigger combos, Super Armor
P3: Instant heal, Hydro assists (tidal wave), and a gift of ice pick up that gives you armor against being frozen for a few seconds

Not only do these pickups make the fight beatable, they make it fun too. Even the ridiculous phase 3. Here's a video of me and 2 randoms beating it. It's muted because the first player didn't understand how to use assists, like I once did not, and I spent much of the game telling him to do so on the mic.

Thanks for the info.
This actually seems to make the fights more fun and even make the other players more engage on the fight while isn't their turn.

My only fear is that when the game goes live the majority of the gamers won't know this and make the fights a bit frustating.
I guess the fight starts in fullscreen and that's why most don't know that you can exit and use the assists.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Any hints as to what the DLC characters could be, if theres no evidence to something interesting I'm just gonna get the standard.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info.
This actually seems to make the fights more fun and even make the other players more engage on the fight while isn't their turn.

My only fear is that when the game goes live the majority of the gamers won't know this and make the fights a bit frustating.
I guess the fight starts in fullscreen and that's why most don't know that you can exit and use the assists.
The match starts in windowed mode, but gives you the prompt that Pad button on dualshock = fullscreen before the match begins.
The windowed vs fullscreen thing is a standard in NRS games since MK9 and king of the hill mode, and its nearly useless there, so we thought it was the same here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
the thing with this windowed mode fight is: well, the game doesn´t explain anything about it at all...in fact i am trying this at the moment and NO ONE knows that you have to stay in window mode to use the items because the game doesn´t say anything about it.

furthermore, the game crashed with a bluescreen exactly when leaving the lobby lol

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Any hints as to what the DLC characters could be, if theres no evidence to something interesting I'm just gonna get the standard.
joker(batman), ash williams evil dead, terminator,spawn
sheeva,fujin,nightwolf,sindel, shang tsung.

its also rumoured HAVIK making return in kombat pack 2 ( bear in mind some of these characters are from pack 2. First pack is only 6 chars)

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thing you're using for Havik as DLC isn't even true. I have Havik's assist in my Towers of Time loadout. So what you mean reddit?

My Towers of Time review got unblocked. I don't understand why.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I want Havik too guys but your reasoning for why he might be DLC is honestly laughable.

Why though it makes perfect sense

Guests were decided early due licencing issues so its why they have file on disk.
4 guests for 12 characters in total. 2 each pack
But only Kombat Pack 1 MK characters were decided ( or put files too early stages) compared to guests in both packs.

They may decided havik recently instead of months ago like Guests.
So remove assist ?
We know first pack is 6 characters. We know 9 characters so ? it means there is 2nd kombat pack. With 6+6 again

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Havik but not Reptile or Mileena

I want off of this planet

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017

So to reiterate, I was wrong. This fight isn't one of the bad ones. Good job making it fun NRS.

Yes, I have found Havik's assist in game.

I've unlocked the Mirror Match Outro for Noob from Character Tower Stage #3. Nothing from the Krypt afaik

This looks super fun provided everybody knows what they are doing. Would be better if the Scorpion dude was using his assists though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.