• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Got the game. Anyone else that entered their Shao code and he still shows up as locked?

Love Kotal so far. But damn I can't string combos for shit, what are the best control options? Got medium for window and negative edge off. Furthermore in regard to Kotal, his story mode variation was great, but kinda gpt dissappointed when that got spread across his two variatioms. Feels like you miss out on the full potential of a character.

Also, I don't get the 1212 string for Liu Kang. It just doesn't trigger.

Loving it so far however!
Don't know if you are familiar with NRS combo approach, but there are strings where you have to dial real fast, by the time the first hit is finishing you already have to have dialed the entire string.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
I guess it's good I don't care about cosmetics I guess. Tower stuff sounds annoying.

Game is very different to 10, Struggling to find someone I like. I like mix up, rushdown characters like....Mileena.

Its like a completely unedited first draft
  • The core content is there
  • Theres a load of fluff there too
  • Its poorly organized
  • Repeats its points too often
  • Rambles on longer than needed

Who have you tried so far?

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Soooo as a total noob I notice that the initial training had me do special cancels that aren't listed in the movelist. What's the philosophy behind special cancels? Can anything be cancelled or only specific moves? If the latter why are they not included in the move list? Th CPU is using them constantly whereas I'm stuck with the basic combo's with no idea what can be special cancelled and into what. Just playing story so far.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just copying my TYM post here.

I did it. Come watch the bad early copy holder beat the completely fair AI after it takes mercy on him.

Crisis averted. Stop cancelling your pre-orders. This mess was overblown.

But speaking honestly, this shit sometimes seems unintentional, because the next tower in the sequence, which one would assume to be harder, was almost a pushover. I had to reset the final fight once because I ate Skarlet's Fatal Blow. But while this Baraka fight took me 2 hours or so to trail and error, the entire next tower took less than 15 minutes. This stuff is so inconsistent.

Only 20 Krushing Blows and 15,000 pints of blood left till I finish this tower. LUL. Here's a video of the next tower and what rewards I get from it:

I've read more than a few people say that these towers have bad balance and difficulty to screw over leakers, and come the 23rd we will get patches to make everything sunshine and rainbows. You guys are not considering the following:

1. If they screw over leakers, they are also screwing over reviewers with early copies, and the bullshit in the Towers of Time will reflect badly in reviews.

2. They don't need to push a patch to fix this. All of this is server side, so they need to hotfix the backend and change some numbers to make you do more damage or to remove some of these ability combos.

3. If they do make the towers easier on release day, it wouldn't be because they wanted to screw with the early copy holders, it would be because of the nascent negativity that's forming in forums and could hit critical mass if this state of things continues.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Story Impression:

If you are a fan of the MK universe, story mode is a dream come true because they take the fan service to 11.

If not, you'll find it boring.

Me personally, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was funny, had a lot of hyped moments and I was smiling throughout.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck the DLC dialogues for all of the guests :
6unoGy2.png

7nZURGo.png

7nZURGo.png

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I mean that is something but still crazy how restrictive ranked is
Nor is that communicated well in the game. I would have never known that was a thing if 16bit didn't say that.

Honestly, a lot of the menu stuff in this game can be pretty confusing and isn't explained well. You'll see when you get the game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, how did they not foresee the Switch leaking all of this?

NRS didn't handle the switch port and it's not widespread knowledge that switch games can be hacked, on top of that, the MK files are encrypted .....

The problem is that they are using the same engine as before and it had already been decrypted ..... so people just used it and it worked.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I am very curious to see what Jokers moves are, if he is a copy paste from I2 I will be legit fucking mad.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad they didn't get Pennywise would have been weird seeing a book character in a fighting game but I still have hope for A Cat In The Hat DLC.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
I'm liking these arcade endings. It seems like there's always more character development in the endings than the characters have in the story. And some of them are really gonna trigger the "anti-SJW" crowd lol.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't feel bad for NRS because just like the base roster, people got mad hype just SEEING the characters.

At least we have an idea of what we're buying into. When you see the guests in video you know they will BREAK the internet.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking these arcade endings. It seems like there's always more character development in the endings than the characters have in the story. And some of them are really gonna trigger the "anti-SJW" crowd lol.

People also hated Black Lightning which is the entire reason I ended up using him and even became a fan because his character is so cool one of his quotes was something about fighting for social justice people went berserk when they heard that I'd also like to add if he's base roster in Injustice 3 I'm maining him.. Jax ending is gonna make people rage

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I just wish we could know which characters will be in which pack so I know wether to buy the season pass or just the MK characters individually and ignore the filthy guests :p

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
People also hated Black Lightning which is the entire reason I ended up using him and even became a fan because his character is so cool one of his quotes was something about fighting for social justice people went berserk when they heard that I'd also like to add if he's base roster in Injustice 3 I'm maining him.. Jax ending is gonna make people rage

I see you knew exactly what I was talking about lol.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Someone was asking about Ninja Mime skin it's in the game I just saw it on my PS4 preload screen and it's awesome. Also the Ninja Mime skin is different than it was in MKX.

Last edited:

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I just wish we could know which characters will be in which pack so I know wether to buy the season pass or just the MK characters individually and ignore the filthy guests :p

the game has more weighty problems than not announcing some content which doesn´t run away at all. just buy this shit later when they say what will be there and everythings fine.

people talking about skins (they won´t earn if they don´t spend real money) and some future content when the game has a core mode completely ruined shows where the preferences are nowadays. seems they´ve done everything right when this is what bothers people

who cares if the main content is good right? it is all about throwing money in the mouths of greedy publishers and/or developers

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am fucking DONE with Towers of Time until NetherRealm fix the multiple problems with it. I have never been more livid at a game in my entire life.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, I'm liking the sound of this! PM for an example of the endings if you want? I don't mind spoilers at all. Pre-ordered the game on Switch because I got so excited and oh my at the dlc dialogue leaks!

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
the game has more weighty problems than not announcing some content which doesn´t run away at all. just buy this shit later when they say what will be there and everythings fine.

people talking about skins (they won´t earn if they don´t spend real money) and some future content when the game has a core mode completely ruined shows where the preferences are nowadays. seems they´ve done everything right when this is what bothers people

who cares if the main content is good right? it is all about throwing money in the mouths of greedy publishers and/or developers
I'm well aware of the game's problems, as seen in my posts. There's no need for this.

DaeJim

Founder LifeisXbox.eu
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Must say, enjoyed the story! Great production value, voice actors are spot on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.